Rookie Survey picks Brandon Ingram to have Best Career out of 2016-2017 class
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

Ingram has the highest floor out of any player in this draft.
But I don't expect an all rookie 1st team year from him this upcoming season. Not because he isn't good enough. Just because Deng Randle and Nance will soak up alot of forward minutes.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
But I don't expect an all rookie 1st team year from him this upcoming season. Not because he isn't good enough. Just because Deng Randle and Nance will soak up alot of forward minutes. I

If Ingram proves his value he will get the minutes no matter how well Deng is playing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
But I don't expect an all rookie 1st team year from him this upcoming season. Not because he isn't good enough. Just because Deng Randle and Nance will soak up alot of forward minutes.

I don't think this class is as chock full of talent as the last class was. Further, Ingram will be under Luke and not the Parking Brake. WAY too early, but I can see the 1st team all rookie:

Simmons
Ingram
Dunn

being 3 of the 5. Lots of projects elsewhere in the draft. Jaylen Brown? (stuck behind Crowder and Smart), Bender will need some time, Hield may put up some numbers, a possibility.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I don't think this class is as chock full of talent as the last class was. Further, Ingram will be under Luke and not the Parking Brake. WAY too early, but I can see the 1st team all rookie:

Simmons
Ingram
Dunn

being 3 of the 5. Lots of projects elsewhere in the draft. Jaylen Brown? (stuck behind Crowder and Smart), Bender will need some time, Hield may put up some numbers, a possibility.

Don't forget Embiid and Saric. And I know nothing of Sabonis. But Sam Presti's ability to draft great players near the top of the draft is practically God-level.

If I've noticed anything from recent all rookie teams. Seems like there is at least 1 surprise player that makes it that nobody was expecting at the start of the season. But that would still leave a spot or 2 for Hield, Ingram, and others to fight for. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if Ingram makes the rookie 1st team list, but at the same time I'm not expecting it. I won't be disappointed/discouraged if he doesn't get it.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Simmons
Ingram
Dunn

Would you put Ingram in the same class and level of Parker/Wiggins/KAT?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Simmons
Ingram
Dunn

Don't forget Embiid and Saric. And I know nothing of Sabonis. But Sam Presti's ability to draft great players near the top of the draft is practically God-level.

If I've noticed anything from recent all rookie teams. Seems like there is at least 1 surprise player that makes it that nobody was expecting at the start of the season. But that would still leave a spot or 2 for Hield, Ingram, and others to fight for. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if Ingram makes the rookie 1st team list, but at the same time I'm not expecting it. I won't be disappointed/discouraged if he doesn't get it.

And from the looks of it, seems Ingram doesn't grate on some people like DLO did. I think Ingram is a less polarizing player.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Simmons
Ingram
Dunn

And from the looks of it, seems Ingram doesn't grate on some people like DLO did. I think Ingram is a less polarizing player.

Well, Ingram would magically be a more polarizing player were he the #1 pick. But I do think his personality is also less polarizing than Russell's brashness.
Hollywood $winger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

people need to stop hating on simmons he is and will be a special player just like ingram will also.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

west-magic-kobe wrote:
people need to stop hating on simmons he is and will be a special player just like ingram will also.
Who's hating on Simmons? Besides his fellow rookies, I suppose.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Simmons
Ingram
Dunn

DLO's personality is ... spirited. I can see how that could rub some of his peers the wrong way. Some strong personalities just don't mesh well.

Ingram seems super laid back and mellow. Tough to hate on a guy like that, personally. Unless he's being snobbish.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

Simmons to me is a stats guy and nothing else, his skills will help evaluate the Sixers to another somewhat competitive level. He's gonna be another Carlos Boozer... Big numbers but not enough winning results, he deserves to be disrespected he didn't even have his team in the NCAA tournament and he's supposed to be Magic/LeBron Hybrid.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Simmons
Ingram
Dunn

I think DLO's skillset is unique. And his personality is ... spirited. I can see how that could rub some of his peers the wrong way. Some strong personalities just don't mesh well.

Ingram seems super laid back and mellow. Tough to hate on a guy like that, personally. Unless he's being snobbish.

I think Nance/Ingram have super laid back personalities and will become instant team favorites (and Zubac is the loveable team teddy bear). JC seems like the cool guy who gets the chicks and drives the fancy car, while DLO is the loud and brash QB captain of the football team that people love and hate.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Nance/Ingram have super laid back personalities and will become instant team favorites (and Zubac is the loveable team teddy bear). JC seems like the cool guy who gets the chicks and drives the fancy car, while DLO is the loud and brash QB captain of the football team that people love and hate.

Well put.
I remember GTs summary from Summer league before last season. Made me think Randle was a moody, grump. But I'm sure he's grown out of that by now. I'm sure he was just stressed from coming back from injury.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well put.
I remember GTs summary from Summer league before last season. Made me think Randle was a moody, grump. But I'm sure he's grown out of that by now. I'm sure he was just stressed from coming back from injury.

Oh yeah, forgot about Randle. He's that guy you don't ever want to piss off.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Simmons to me is a stats guy and nothing else, his skills will help evaluate the Sixers to another somewhat competitive level. He's gonna be another Carlos Boozer... Big numbers but not enough winning results, he deserves to be disrespected he didn't even have his team in the NCAA tournament and he's supposed to be Magic/LeBron Hybrid.

I've noticed people tuning your posts out and this is a perfect example of why.

Simmons is nothing like Boozer. NOTHING. Not his style of play, his hype, his skill set, his body, etc etc.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Simmons is nothing like Boozer. NOTHING. Not his style of play, his hype, his skill set, his body, etc etc.

I didn't compare him to Boozer in play style, I just said that there is a chance that Simmons puts up big numbers but can't take his team to a championship level.

There have been a lot of players with stats through out history but haven't gone on to do much in terms of winning anything and that's what I'm trying to compare Simmons to.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

If Ingram gets relative to 25-28 minutes, I can see him being a dark horse for All Rookie 1st Team. Personally, I think it'll be:

Dunn
Brown
Saric
Simmons
Embiid
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:
Didn't Okafor dominate these polls last year? We all saw how that turned out
I still think Okafor can be a solid player...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I didn't compare him to Boozer in play style, I just said that there is a chance that Simmons puts up big numbers but can't take his team to a championship level.

There have been a lot of players with stats through out history but haven't gone on to do much in terms of winning anything and that's what I'm trying to compare Simmons to.

Again, that's a silly comparison. Boozer was a PnP and a PnR undersized PF. Simmons a 6'10 PG who can dazzle with his playmaking and will get everyone else around him easy looks. Boozer made nobody around him better. He was the product of good systems and other stars. Simmons is an offensive system on his own.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure he's gonna have a All-star career. He is talented and skilled, but unless the Sixers FO acquires or signs star players, Simmons will be a empty stats guy in Philadephia.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Because if there is one thing rookies know better than anyone, it's what it takes to make it in the NBA.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: