Laker Haters - Something I don't understand
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Laker Haters - Something I don't understand

The Nightbringer wrote:

Fans of some of the more successful teams in the past decade or so (Spurs, Warriors, Cavs, Heat, etc.) like to point out that we won our last championship 6 years ago... like it's some sort of drought that's lasted for several decades. Any team would kill to have as many championships as we do so...

We don't need to look elsewhere to find fans who act like 6 yrs equals 6 decades and everyone should be traded, fired, etc. Because the other 29 teams are winning titles hand over fist.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Haters - Something I don't understand

The Nightbringer wrote:
Laker haters don't tend to make a lot of sense, but one thing I don't quite understand is how short-sighted some of them can be. "Die-hard" Clipper fans (in parentheses because I don't think these actually exist) for instance will always, as a point of contention, ridicule us for our subpar performance these past few years.

Fans of some of the more successful teams in the past decade or so (Spurs, Warriors, Cavs, Heat, etc.) like to point out that we won our last championship 6 years ago... like it's some sort of drought that's lasted for several decades. Any team would kill to have as many championships as we do so...

And yes, I understand that for the past few years we've been irrelevant. I've never contended that because it's true. But we're the Lakers. Success is in the name. And I wholeheartedly believe that this lowpoint is finally going to begin its turn-around in some form this year (Even if we get the worst record in the league, it's at the expense of our youngins' gaining valuable experience.)

Also yes, I understand that haters are haters and that I shouldn't invest too much thought in what they're saying. But I would like to understand why a lot of them are so quick to sweep the Lakers' past success under the table. Are they in denial of our winning record? Do they hate Kobe that much that they just want to piss all over his legacy? And most importantly, how come the Celtics don't get as much hate as we do when they have more titles than us?

No idea why I'm even thinking so much about this subject. I dunno. Maybe it's because I'm just impatient for October 7th to come. Anyone wanna pitch in some insight?

Maybe it's because I'm from LA but I see very little Laker hate. There is one guy at my work who gets razzed a little bit by fans of other teams but I can tell he is the type that was probably all up in everyone's face 5-6 years ago when the Lakers were unstoppable.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Haters=whiners
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

For all the same reasons we hate on other teams and players. We're no different!
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
What I never understood was the people who still call Kobe a rapist. Like, did they just stop at the initial allegations? Are they too dense to take in facts?

Perhaps you've experienced a bit less up-close and personal with our legal system than some of us around Lakerland. Criminal behaviors go unpunished if not unidentified in this country daily.

I personally don't challenge the facts in Kobe's case, at least as far as I have heard them, nor as far as the general public can understand them. We don't hear everything.

I'm an attorney and I don't call Kobe a criminal in any form, period. However, I reject the notion that it is necessary to be "too dense" to feel differently about Kobe after his Colorado entanglement. I've seen rich people influence outcomes in undue ways that poorer people cannot. I don't know if that happened here, but trom that alone, there will be some degree of legitimate doubt held by some very sharp people about Kobe.

That's a good thing about our systems.

The outcomes of criminal charges generally are often torn ragged with the rules of law and evidence and due process. Whether news is obtained from a prosecution's decision to drop charges, or news of civil settlements of in-court resolutions, or from punishment rendered through actual trial jury decisions), the ending phases are often loaded with controversial turns and final states.

I think that it is a very reasonable position - at times - to think that many acts of criminal behavior have gone essentially unpunished by our legal system, don't you ? We are permitted in this country to think this, to each judge this for ourselves, luckily.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Legacy wrote:
What I never understood was the people who still call Kobe a rapist. Like, did they just stop at the initial allegations? Are they too dense to take in facts?

Perhaps you've experienced a bit less up-close and personal with our legal system than some of us around Lakerland. Criminal behaviors go unpunished if not unidentified in this country daily.

I personally don't challenge the facts in Kobe's case, at least as far as I have heard them, nor as far as the general public can understand them. We don't hear everything.

I'm an attorney and I don't call Kobe a criminal in any form, period. However, I reject the notion that it is necessary to be "too dense" to feel differently about Kobe after his Colorado entanglement. I've seen rich people influence outcomes in undue ways that poorer people cannot. I don't know if that happened here, but trom that alone, there will be some degree of legitimate doubt held by some very sharp people about Kobe.

That's a good thing about our systems.

The outcomes of criminal charges generally are often torn ragged with the rules of law and evidence and due process. Whether news is obtained from a prosecution's decision to drop charges, or news of civil settlements of in-court resolutions, or from punishment rendered through actual trial jury decisions), the ending phases are often loaded with controversial turns and final states.

I think that it is a very reasonable position - at times - to think that many acts of criminal behavior have gone essentially unpunished by our legal system, don't you ? We are permitted in this country to think this, to each judge this for ourselves, luckily.

The legality of the case has nothing, IMO, to do with why haters use that term for Kobe. The fact he was accused is enough for them.

It's all so childish really.

But so is saying thing lke Odumb, Gasoft, the san antonio spurms. I mean, I have seen grown men do stuff like that. LA "Fakers".

I totally get why an opposing fan would hate a good player because good players on opposing teams break your heart. I just don't get the point of adults calling names of any player or team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: