PSA: Lakers Championship Videos (Not Games) on Hulu

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: PSA: Lakers Championship Videos (Not Games) on Hulu

Was looking around Hulu and found the following last night (full length videos):

2000 Lakers championship commemorative video
2001 Lakers championship commemorative video
2009 Lakers championship commemorative video
2010 Lakers championship commemorative video

I know it's been a while since we've won anything in Lakers land, but it's a good spin down memory lane to see Kobe and Shaq (and other beloved cast members like Pau, Fisher, Odom, Fox, etc. too).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

More championships on the way
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
More championships on the way
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject:

In the middle of the 2009 one...with Kobe/Pau/Bynum/Odom/Ariza/Fisher...memories...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject:

Man, so sad to have guys like Kobe, Pau, Odom, etc. gone from the Lakers. Just finished the 2009 championship video and that was a fun team. The 2010 team was epic.

I really wish we could have found a way to keep Ariza. One of my fave Lakers despite having such a short stint here. Stupid agent of his..
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject:

What happened to 2002? For some reason I can't find my VHS of it either.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject:

Awesome! I'm watching the 2000 championship right now. Those were the days! I was a freshman in college during that run, and one of my roommates was from Portland. Good year. Good year.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
What happened to 2002? For some reason I can't find my VHS of it either.

Yeah, it's not there. Maybe that Nets series was SO bad that they didn't put it together...I mean the Parking Brake was the opposing coach.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Awesome! I'm watching the 2000 championship right now. Those were the days! I was a freshman in college during that run, and one of my roommates was from Portland. Good year. Good year.

Yeah, one of my recollections was that I badly sprained my ankle playing ball in college too on the same day as the game against Portland where Kobe threw that lob to Shaq.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, so sad to have guys like Kobe, Pau, Odom, etc. gone from the Lakers. Just finished the 2009 championship video and that was a fun team. The 2010 team was epic.

I really wish we could have found a way to keep Ariza. One of my fave Lakers despite having such a short stint here. Stupid agent of his..

Loved Ariza. He just fit into that team so well. Great slashing instincts, amazing athleticism, could shoot the 3 and had impeccable timing and length to go for steals.

He was such a fan favorite. He even earned Kobe's respect very quickly I thought.

That team would have won the Championship last year.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Loved Ariza. He just fit into that team so well. Great slashing instincts, amazing athleticism, could shoot the 3 and had impeccable timing and length to go for steals.

He was such a fan favorite. He even earned Kobe's respect very quickly I thought.

I loved Ariza too, but let's not forget how instrumental Metta was against Boston the following season. Things happened the way they were meant to.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

When he hits FA in 2018 would love for him to join us again as a veteran off the bench. I'll always want Ariza...how about Lou for him?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject:

Gomur wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I loved Ariza too, but let's not forget how instrumental Metta was against Boston the following season. Things happened the way they were meant to.

My dream was that we would have kept both (we had Ariza's bird rights and a MLE to spend on Artest). Obviously they only wanted one.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:

Yeah, one of my recollections was that I badly sprained my ankle playing ball in college too on the same day as the game against Portland where Kobe threw that lob to Shaq.

Those were the days, well aside from your sprained ankle. That sucked.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: