Bottom 5 Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I just think the bottom of the league will go up from 10 wins (76ers) and 17 (Lakers) to probably in low 20s.

I can see the Nets flirting with low 20s, and the 76ers/Lakers in the mid-20s and better.

No way NETS or PHI get to 20. BKN is projected to start RHJ at SG, Lin at PG, Bogdanovic at SF and Scola at PF. Those players won't get to 20.
PHI will have to split C minutes between Noel, Okafor and Embiid. All 3 will be frustrated and won't get any rhythm.
Unless they do trade, they have 0 chance of getting to 20.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I just think the bottom of the league will go up from 10 wins (76ers) and 17 (Lakers) to probably in low 20s.

I can see the Nets flirting with low 20s, and the 76ers/Lakers in the mid-20s and better.

No way NETS or PHI get to 20. BKN is projected to start RHJ at SG, Lin at PG, Bogdanovic at SF and Scola at PF. Those players won't get to 20.
PHI will have to split C minutes between Noel, Okafor and Embiid. All 3 will be frustrated and won't get any rhythm.

I think Phi is def getting 20 games. The open tanking regime is gone and they have Simmons which is good for a few wins on his own.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Phi is def getting 20 games. The open tanking regime is gone and they have Simmons which is good for a few wins on his own.

Simmons will have a bigger impact next year.Not all rookies will have Towns's impact. Also they are not playing him at PG so he can only play as PF or SF if they play Saric at PF. That means he will be effective only with one of Noel/Okafor/Embiid on the floor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Simmons will have a bigger impact next year.Not all rookies will have Towns's impact. Also they are not playing him at PG so he can only play as PF or SF if they play Saric at PF. That means he will be effective only with one of Noel/Okafor/Embiid on the floor.

Not really. I see them being unconventional this year. Bayless will be a sneaky good upgrade for them as will Henderson. I think one of Noel/oak will be traded for a wing player.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not really. I see them being unconventional this year. Bayless will be a sneaky good upgrade for them as will Henderson. I think one of Noel/oak will be traded for a wing player.

With a trade they could get to 20. Not with the current roster.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

With a trade they could get to 20. Not with the current roster.

I think Simmons/Saric/Embiid,/Henderson/Bayless will take them from 10 games to 20 games pretty easily.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

The Griz are going to fall off the cliff this year. Age and an antiquated roster will catch up to them finally.

No way philly wins anything this season unless Simmons is truly a transcendent talent.

The Kings are going to be horrible, what crap show up there.

Brooklyn will be bad, but not as bad as everyone thinks.

Also, the Suns and Denver will be way worse than you think they will be.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject:

philly isn't going to do anything until they get a good coach.
Nets are awful.. and they'll be terrible for a while.
Suns have some decent talent.. but Earl Watson is unproven as a coach
Kings won't be good..probably the same as last year.
Miami might take a huge tumble with Bosh's uncertainty and no wade.
Houston barely makes the playoffs.

I think the west shapes out like:

GSW
LAC
SAS
DAL
OKC
POR
UTH
HOU
MEM
MIN
NOLA
DEN
SAC
LAL
PHX
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I think for sure we'll be better than NJ, PHI, and PHX; we could overtake DEN as well, and SAC if they trade Gay.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject:

We have a shot to be better than the Bucks now with Middleton out. 6months torn hamstring
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
We have a shot to be better than the Bucks now with Middleton out. 6months torn hamstring

That's nothing to be excited about, I feel bad for Buck fans and the Bucks team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: