Laker Film Room: An Analysis of Jordan Clarkson's Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:
@GT, thoughts on this video, if you have time? It mentions how Beverley establishes a wider base than shoulder width apart and he hops around defensively

I agree with him on the head on ball, wider base, & turn + run concepts. And I agree that the traditional, stiff, "don't lean forward" style is silly. In most of that footage he's sliding his feet. I also don't think it's a particularly extensive video & it's built on a predetermined conclusion where the evidence was built off of the conclusion rather than the conclusion being built off of the evidence.

I haven't watched Beverley THAT extensively, but I think he's an overrated defender because he pressures the ball & gets into fights with people. He's more bluster than effective, from what I've noticed.

But GT...*puts on glasses*...

"Defense Needs a Revolution"

Homeboy offered me a job to be one of the people who makes videos for BBall Breakdown, and let's just say that I don't regret saying no.

Soooo

You Aren't In?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:
@GT, thoughts on this video, if you have time? It mentions how Beverley establishes a wider base than shoulder width apart and he hops around defensively

I agree with him on the head on ball, wider base, & turn + run concepts. And I agree that the traditional, stiff, "don't lean forward" style is silly. In most of that footage he's sliding his feet. I also don't think it's a particularly extensive video & it's built on a predetermined conclusion where the evidence was built off of the conclusion rather than the conclusion being built off of the evidence.

I haven't watched Beverley THAT extensively, but I think he's an overrated defender because he pressures the ball & gets into fights with people. He's more bluster than effective, from what I've noticed.

Homeboy offered me a job to be one of the people who makes videos for BBall Breakdown, and let's just say that I don't regret saying no.

Soooo

You Aren't In?

GT knows a little more than most about Coach Nick's reputation as a bball coach than most. IIRC there's rumor that he was way too much of a dictator with his high school kids and in general a douche/jerk.

For the record I'm out too. That channel has too much cheese and not enough quality for me. I knew something was up a long time ago when he covered how successful we'd be with the Princeton lol

Last edited by 22 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Soooo

You Aren't In?

Lol, freakin' anph.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject:

One thing that I'm trying to do with LFR is not be predictive. You will not see a "D'Angelo Russell will have a breakout year!" video from me or anything like that, even though I do think that's going to happen. I'm trying to report the good & the bad that I see and leave it up to y'all to take away from it whatever you'd like to take away.

I'm also resolved to not have pet causes that I use the videos to promote. BBB is always trying to sell you on how great the Triangle is, how bad Russell Westbrook is at finishing around the rim, etc. It's like he's trying to win arguments on the internet than actually analyzing what's going on. The conclusions of a lot of his videos occur well before he even looks at the evidence. I don't like that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
One thing that I'm trying to do with LFR is not be predictive. You will not see a "D'Angelo Russell will have a breakout year!" video from me or anything like that, even though I do think that's going to happen. I'm trying to report the good & the bad that I see and leave it up to y'all to take away from it whatever you'd like to take away.

I'm also resolved to not have pet causes that I use the videos to promote. BBB is always trying to sell you on how great the Triangle is, how bad Russell Westbrook is at finishing around the rim, etc. It's like he's trying to win arguments on the internet than actually analyzing what's going on. The conclusions of a lot of his videos occur well before he even looks at the evidence. I don't like that.

What kind of year are you expecting from Russell?

22/5/6 - is that realistic?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

No
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

No

So something like 18/6/5.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:

When I saw this video, it made me think of you and Omar.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I know you didn't ask me. But rebounds I think he'll be around 5.

Scoring and assists I kinda see tied together. 18+ Points and 4 assists. Or 16+ points and 5 assists.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

coach nick knows tex winter?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

The irony of Luke Walton of all people helping improve Clarkson's defense.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:

When I saw this video, it made me think of you and Omar.

Yeah, I saw that and just smh. The Triangle is very, very important to him, and cherries get picked as a result.

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject:

Off topic, but anphernee, this deserves your immediate attention. https://vine.co/v/5n2QbIwbIdj
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Off topic, but anphernee, this deserves your immediate attention. https://vine.co/v/5n2QbIwbIdj

YOOOO I just saw this on the twitters, but it didn't have the whole move that put her on the floor, thats the only reason it wasnt already my avi

but its kinda on topic cuz she needs to improve her defensive technique
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

YOOOO I just saw this on the twitters, but it didn't have the whole move that put her on the floor, thats the only reason it wasnt already my avi

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Breaking ankles and hips.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Hubie Brown couldn't stop praising JC's defense, kept calling him a terrific defender
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Hubie Brown couldn't stop praising JC's defense, kept calling him a terrific defender

Hubie Brown says the same thing every game he does. The dude is senile .
lakersgala
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Luke Walton is da coach that JC needs.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
I so hope someone teaches those young guys about defense and communication. It really seems that half of the problem could easily be solved that way.

I also hope that all Laker players and coaches watch those videos.

From the sound of it last year, they actually communicated well in practice, but didn't carry it over in games.

There were definitely communication issues in the summer league a few months ago, as well, but it seemed much better as DLO was a much more vocal leader on both ends.

Probably helped that they were defending Scott's "offense" in practice. It isn't hard to yell "ISO! They're running an ISO!" over and over again.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
I so hope someone teaches those young guys about defense and communication. It really seems that half of the problem could easily be solved that way.

I also hope that all Laker players and coaches watch those videos.

From the sound of it last year, they actually communicated well in practice, but didn't carry it over in games.

There were definitely communication issues in the summer league a few months ago, as well, but it seemed much better as DLO was a much more vocal leader on both ends.

Probably helped that they were defending Scott's "offense" in practice. It isn't hard to yell "ISO! They're running an ISO!" over and over again.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: