Who has had the better career? Pau or Bosh?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has had the better career?
Pau
94%
 94%  [ 17 ]
Bosh
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Who has had the better career? Pau or Bosh?

Neither player's career is over yet, technically. Though Bosh is one announcement away, and Pau is on the downswing.

Approach this question from any angle you'd like. This is tough to answer for me. Both have 2 NBA titles and international accolades.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

That's an easy choice for me - Pau
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has had the better career? Pau or Bosh?

22 wrote:
Neither player's career is over yet, technically. Though Bosh is one announcement away, and Pau is on the downswing.

Approach this question from any angle you'd like. This is tough to answer for me. Both have 2 NBA titles and international accolades.

They had very similar careers. Both were the top bananas on awful teams, but made their mark as second bananas on strong teams. Finesse players with all around games who don’t really excel at any one thing. Gasol gets the nod for his longevity and international play (I wouldn't call Bosh's international career anything special).
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Imteresting comparison. If you look at stats, you can make an argument for Bosh. In fact, it is probably a slightly better argument than the stat argument for Pau. And yet I don't think there was any point in time when I would have taken Bosh over Pau.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

I think I agree with you guys and I tend to lean towards Pau as well.

After 2010 though I think Bosh was the better player because of his mobility on D and the way the League has been trending
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChriSanity1246
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Bosh succeeded at stat padding with inferior players in the inferior east. Pau took inferior players to the playoffs and got their butts kicked by the superior Spurs. Then was the second banana to a couple championships and several successful playoff series in the superior west.

The only thing Bosh is better at than Pau is being more athletic.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I have Pau with the better career, esp. if international play is included in the assessment. Bosh has become a bit underrated over the past five years, but that doesn't change the fact that Pau's overall career accomplishments are still more notable in the cold light of day.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject:

I'll take Pau. He was more skilled, more consistent, at his peak was better and even after it to me was the superior player. Bosh has been excellent too and should be a third ballot HOF. Shame how his career has ended or at least appears too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: