OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject:

Good to see Ingram appreciated in the Dodgers game.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Unlike DLO last year, he won't get the grief and sadly, the backlash that DLO got from Lakers "fans" of all people. It was downright embarrassing to see some of the crap our own "fans" said about DLo last year.

Ingram walks in with less pressure and a whole lot more fanfare.

You say that like those same posters are done trashing DLO. You know they aren't

He'll drop 50 on opening night with 20 assists and drain 13 threes and they'll be mime silent. Next game he'll turn it over 3 times in the first quarter and they won't waste time running to his thread saying his handles are weak and lacks the explosion to play PG lol. I'm not optimistic at all when it comes to those guys.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Unlike DLO last year, he won't get the grief and sadly, the backlash that DLO got from Lakers "fans" of all people. It was downright embarrassing to see some of the crap our own "fans" said about DLo last year.

You say that like those same posters are done trashing DLO. You know they aren't

He'll drop 50 on opening night with 20 assists and drain 13 threes and they'll be mime silent. Next game he'll turn it over 3 times in the first quarter and they won't waste time running to his thread saying his handles are weak and lacks the explosion to play PG lol. I'm not optimistic at all when it comes to those guys.

True. SPL showed that. The moment he had a turnover the glee from a small but vocal minority.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

Lou and AB having some fun with Ingram:
Quote:
Lou Williams ‏@TeamLou23 13h13 hours ago
Lou Williams Retweeted Anthony Brown
Bruh, they created a strike zone and everything 😂😭Lou Williams added,
Anthony Brown @TwoShotOne
@TeamLou23 @B_Ingram13 😂😂😂 why yu do him like that big bro ?!
26 retweets 97 likes
Reply Retweet 26
Like 97
More
Lou Williams ‏@TeamLou23 14h14 hours ago
Heard he threw a strike tho 💪🏾
32 retweets 121 likes
Reply Retweet 32
Like 121
More
Lou Williams ‏@TeamLou23 14h14 hours ago
I'm not gonna tell anybody how long @B_Ingram13 practiced his pitching today in the gym 😂😭😂😭 he know I ain't lying lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

Grass Fed on Ingram:

Quote:
BRANDON INGRAM
DiFrancesco: Brandon is stronger then he looks, first of all. I’ve seen it in the weight room, but also heard it from several players that are on the court with him. Part of that comes from the fact that he moves so efficiently. When you can move your body like that, you’re getting where you need to go more quickly and easily, which will produce more strength. That shows up in his game as well, where he’s so smooth, and can make basketball look effortless. There’s no question that we’re slowly but surely going to want to add some lean muscle mass to him as his career progresses, but we want to do it in a controlled manner that’s necessary for him to do what he wants to do on the court. He’s been really, really good with that. It just takes time when you have a more lean frame. His workouts are going to be a bit more extensive, with more reps, than somebody like Julius Randle that already has more of a robust frame. Brandon understands that, and will often come in early so we have more time for his workouts. We’re putting pennies in a piggy bank, and you may not notice when it’s a quarter full, but it’s going to build up steadily. It’s important not to rush the process of just trying to bulk him up, because you’d have to do unreasonable work in unreasonable time. His issue to gain lean mass does not exist in a vacuum. He also needs to be a productive NBA player. Brandon’s main responsibility is on the court. Our doing work with him off the court is a supplement to that.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160921-strength-summary?ls=recent_news
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Grass Fed on Ingram:

Quote:
BRANDON INGRAM
DiFrancesco: Brandon is stronger then he looks, first of all. I’ve seen it in the weight room, but also heard it from several players that are on the court with him. Part of that comes from the fact that he moves so efficiently. When you can move your body like that, you’re getting where you need to go more quickly and easily, which will produce more strength. That shows up in his game as well, where he’s so smooth, and can make basketball look effortless. There’s no question that we’re slowly but surely going to want to add some lean muscle mass to him as his career progresses, but we want to do it in a controlled manner that’s necessary for him to do what he wants to do on the court. He’s been really, really good with that. It just takes time when you have a more lean frame. His workouts are going to be a bit more extensive, with more reps, than somebody like Julius Randle that already has more of a robust frame. Brandon understands that, and will often come in early so we have more time for his workouts. We’re putting pennies in a piggy bank, and you may not notice when it’s a quarter full, but it’s going to build up steadily. It’s important not to rush the process of just trying to bulk him up, because you’d have to do unreasonable work in unreasonable time. His issue to gain lean mass does not exist in a vacuum. He also needs to be a productive NBA player. Brandon’s main responsibility is on the court. Our doing work with him off the court is a supplement to that.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160921-strength-summary?ls=recent_news
m

Very nice praise.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

https://vine.co/v/5nYp6EbuFDa

Did anyone else get pumped up after seeing this video?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Absolutely. Folks forget DLO is just a kid, a rich one now but just a kid...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

A kid who is about to become the leader and franchise player of the Lakers.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Both will be life long lakers too . I'm warming up to dlo but what threw me off last year was how cocky he was (which will make him a great player) to come in and stink it up in summer league and he wasn't clear cut second best player in the draft to many posters so a lot of people were ready to attack poor kid (myself included). This year 2 player draft so Ingram was expected pick he came in humble and flashed that oozing potential this summer.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Ingram at #2 was an easy pick, there were not really someone else we could select after Simmons but him and despite his shot not falling in some games, he looked solid making the right plays, defending and everything else.

I'm happy for him too, he looks a lot more laid back than Russell, he just plays the game without forcing anything or trying to make that highlight play. I love our picks this year, both him and Zubat seems to be young guys willing to play the game the way it should be played.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject:

Ingram is more conventional at his position than DLO. So that is 1 of the factors he has going for him, in terms of less scrutiny.

DLO was compared to Magic (by Scott of all people ). And Scott wasn't the only 1, others did as well.
That was unfair.
Once I stopped trying to put DLO in the conventional PG box, I appreciated him ever since.

Ingram is a 3 and D, 2 way small forward. A universally desirable skillset, that can fit in any system. That's why some prefer him to Simmons to begin with.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Ingram at #2 was an easy pick, there were not really someone else we could select after Simmons but him and despite his shot not falling in some games, he looked solid making the right plays, defending and everything else.

I'm happy for him too, he looks a lot more laid back than Russell, he just plays the game without forcing anything or trying to make that highlight play. I love our picks this year, both him and Zubat seems to be young guys willing to play the game the way it should be played.

Lol here we go
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Lol here we go

yep.....nash still at it.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject:

what I like about ingram is that he's really good at growing

he seems to grow better than our guards do and that helps his defensive slides, which our guards aren't good at yet

he also seems to make good nutritional choices, and it helped him grow, hopefully our guards will eat more vegetables and salmon because those omega 3s helps the brain, which will improve their playmaking
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
tnell wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Lol here we go

Kikanga got it:

Kikanga wrote:

DLO was compared to Magic (by Scott of all people ) ... that was unfair.

Post draft nobody is comparing Ingram to Durant, he is the player he is and it should be easy on him not be called a bleep savant. Those guys are just young and talented players that are going to find their niches in this league.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
tnell wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Lol here we go

Kikanga got it:

Kikanga wrote:

DLO was compared to Magic (by Scott of all people ) ... that was unfair.

Post draft nobody is comparing Ingram to Durant, he is the player he is and it should be easy on him not be called a bleep savant. Those guys are just young and talented players that are going to find their niches in this league.

Ya i dont get why they getting on you. Ingram comes in with realistic expectations while people were expecting way to much of Dlo as a rookie.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I think the main thing expectation wise is that the Lakers hadn't had a high lottery pick since James Worthy. Eddie Jones and Andrew Bynum were both #10 picks. Then they had Randle at #7, and Russell at #2. Expectations were set unrealistically high for both of them. Then Randle misses his entire rookie season, Russell struggles mightily in to start his rookie season and in the SPL. I think that has tempered expectations.

I also think Ingram's frame probably contributes a little, as well. It's going to take him some time to bulk up. The experience over the past two seasons though probably helps alleviate some of the pressure, as does having those guys in the locker room with him. He's walking into what is a pretty solid collection of young players with Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, and to a lesser extent Brown and Black. Randle and Clarkson came onto a team whose best young talent was disappointing lottery picks they picked up from other teams on cheap contracts. A lot have changed over the past couple seasons which should make things easier for Ingram. He doesn't need to be looked at as a savior coming in.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

he seems to grow better than our guards do and that helps his defensive slides, which our guards aren't good at yet

he also seems to make good nutritional choices, and it helped him grow, hopefully our guards will eat more vegetables and salmon because those omega 3s helps the brain, which will improve their playmaking

You crack me up.

But don't forget. He's also good at moving. Left, right. Front, back.
He can move in all directions. Even up off the floor.
He hasn't really worked on getting in and under the court, but I think it'll come with time.
Also he's a solid breather. In through the nose out through the mouth. In through the mouth out through the nose. He has a lot of versatility. Should help with his stamina.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing DLO if he turns the ball over 3 times in the first quarter. That type of game warrants criticism. Even Kobe was fair game in these parts when he played like crap

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing DLO if he turns the ball over 3 times in the first quarter. That type of game warrants criticism. Even Kobe was fair game in these parts when he played like crap

Difference between criticism and "OMG BUST JLASKFJASLFJ _at_ #LTJERALSFKDJAG#$GODUFJASFLASJFASFJSALKDFKJDZF" after one quarter. In fact, if you go to the game thread of the first SPL game of this year, you'll see me doing exactly that: criticizing Russell's turnovers without calling him a bust, saying he can't play PG, etc.

God that was a (bleep).
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject:

Ingram will benefit a lot from Russell's experience. People had the highest expectations on him and rushed into labeling him as a bust after a couple of games, only. Now, I believe people will have more patience towards Ingram.

Also, not having the shadow of an Okafor behind will be good. At least 95% of Lakers fans wanted Ingram as #2 and even the other 5%, who eventually wanted Dunn or Hield, know Ingram was a logic pick. There will be no hard feelings during season.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

You crack me up.

But don't forget. He's also good at moving. Left, right. Front, back.
He can move in all directions. Even up off the floor.
He hasn't really worked on getting in and under the court, but I think it'll come with time.
Also he's a solid breather. In through the nose out through the mouth. In through the mouth out through the nose. He has a lot of versatility. Should help with his stamina.

awww man..now im super aware of my own breathing and have to make the effort to breathe or ima stop breathing
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject:

nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm happy for Ingram.

Difference between criticism and "OMG BUST JLASKFJASLFJ [ at ] #LTJERALSFKDJAG#$GODUFJASFLASJFASFJSALKDFKJDZF" after one quarter. In fact, if you go to the game thread of the first SPL game of this year, you'll see me doing exactly that: criticizing Russell's turnovers without calling him a bust, saying he can't play PG, etc.

God that was a (bleep).

Isn't it Ingram's thread?

Let's talk about good things, the only OMG about his game is how he can play a two way game the right way with huge upside as someone that someday should be able to impact a game not just scoring, but also defending. An unselfish player that looks to make the easiest play being it flash or not.

Just enjoy our rookies and if they struggle there is no problem criticizing them, down the line most of us just want to see Lakers winning games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 116 of 1885
Jump to: