OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1312, 1313, 1314 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
This piece by Ding is the best Luke article I've read all summer, and it's not even close. Phenomenal stuff, seriously.

Ding writing a positive article on the state of the Lakers before the season,
Is IMO a sign that the FO isn't dysfunctional anymore and that's something that makes me feel good as a Laker fan.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
This piece by Ding is the best Luke article I've read all summer, and it's not even close. Phenomenal stuff, seriously.

Is IMO a sign that the FO isn't dysfunctional anymore and that's something that makes me feel good as a Laker fan.

Well, not to crush your enthusiasm or anything, but this bizarre perception that some Laker fans seem to have about Ding being some huge Laker hater or something is crap to me, and always has been. He doesn't have an agenda. He's been tight with both Kobe and the org for decades. His stuff on the Lakers always has a unique degree of thoughtfulness and insight that makes it clear he's very close to the organization and gets all of his info directly from them. The Lakers don't grant inside access to agenda-driven folks in the media who are trying to smear the franchise's image and reputation.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:

Well, not to crush your enthusiasm or anything, but this bizarre perception that some Laker fans seem to have about Ding being some huge Laker hater or something is crap to me, and always has been. He doesn't have an agenda. He's been tight with both Kobe and the org for decades. His stuff on the Lakers always has a unique degree of thoughtfulness and insight that makes it clear he's very close to the organization and gets all of his info directly from them. The Lakers don't grant inside access to agenda-driven folks in the media who are trying to smear the franchise's image and reputation.

Yes, If Ding is real close with the Organization he should try making positive articles when one occurs.

That article he made before FA really drove a lot of fans off, I know the FO can sometimes be in a situation were writers want people to see the state, but the Lakers at this point are finally turning back into relevance and slowly we are gonna be respected -- which will be proven by the Team and there performance this season.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ZenMaster4President wrote:
Quote:
Russell also is struck by how many veteran NBA players have vouched for Walton's character. "You got Luke, man," they told Russell with unmistakable warmth and even a tinge of jealousy. "You're gonna be good."

Damn...

Lakers surely returning to relevance in the NBA landscape.

The next title we win in the next 6 years will be so much sweeter cuz of the past 3 years

This is so true.
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

Bazzle wrote:
It's crazy that he had a historic season in spite of his terrible situation. On another team he had 20 ppg talent easily as a rookie. People are going to be surprised, I saw his stats from last year when Kobe wasn't on the floor. That was his true capability.

Yes, I found the per 36 stats that was mentioned in the past.

w/o Kobe: usage: 27.9, Points/36: 18.7, Assists/36: 4.7, Ast % 25.9, eFG% 46.7, TS% 50.1

w/ Kobe: usage: 21, Points/36: 14.6, Assists/36: 3.6, Ast%:16.9, eFG% 49.1, TS% 51.4

Here is a link where I found the stats:

https://theringer.com/dangelo-russell-is-better-than-you-think-he-is-457ed8b50ba6#.o0bowijii
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/rick-pitino-dangelo-russell-is-the-greatest-passer-since-magic-johnson

June 24, 2015

During an interview with ESPN’s Hannah Storm on Wednesday, Louisville head coach Rick Pitino added more flames to the fire by calling Russell the best passer he’s seen outside of Magic Johnson.

From ESPN:

“In the last 30 some-odd years, outside of Magic Johnson he’s the best passer I’ve seen come along,” Pitino said. “[He] has great instincts [and] really understands the game very well.”

“Anytime you have that type of passing skills and that offensive mind for the game I think you’re going to be something special.”
========

...then Byron ordered him to pass the ball to Hibbert who was standing with his back to the basket at the top of the key and all the boo birds started bashing Russell on the message boards...

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject:

D’Angelo Russell Worked On A Particular Set Of Skills This Summer

Quote:
“This offseason has been great. I’ve had an opportunity to really get in the gym, meet the new coaching staff and my new teammates. Getting that chemistry built early has been a huge plus. I’m also working on a lot of things to improve my game – mainly with my consistency on jump-shots, floaters and finishing around the rim.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-dangelo-russell-worked-on-a-particular-set-of-skills-this-summer/2016/09/24/
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
“This offseason has been great. I’ve had an opportunity to really get in the gym, meet the new coaching staff and my new teammates. Getting that chemistry built early has been a huge plus. I’m also working on a lot of things to improve my game – mainly with my consistency on jump-shots, floaters and finishing around the rim.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-dangelo-russell-worked-on-a-particular-set-of-skills-this-summer/2016/09/24/

Skills.. that will make him a nightmare for point guards like them.
If they give him space now, that will be the end of it
He will not cross them up and will just shoot the ball.
But if they don't
He will dribble the ball
He will cross them
And he will score on them
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

But if they don't
He will dribble the ball
He will cross them

you deserve all the trophies for this
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject:

i got one for him

only found one though
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject:

From one era to the next: https://www.instagram.com/p/BKwjz3ghSDq/?taken-by=dloading&hl=en
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Forgot he's only 20 years old for this whole upcoming season pretty much. wow.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are D’Angelo Russell’s team now

Los Angeles has a new centerpiece, and all signs point to a breakout.

Quote:
It's clear that no one player can fill Kobe Bryant’s giant Nikes as the Los Angeles Lakers approach their first training camp in decades without him. That process will be a group effort, but what the early days of the post-Kobe era have also made crystal clear is this: the Lakers are D'Angelo Russell's team now.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/9/24/13040040/la-laker-analysis-dangelo-russell
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

But if they don't
He will dribble the ball
He will cross them

this is exactly what I was thinking.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject:

LOL, Stephen Jackson

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKvpnSDgCFx/
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LOL, Stephen Jackson

Obvious Stephen Jackson never played 2K.

The 07-08 and 08-09 Lakers WERE THE TEAM to play with on 2K and Luke WAlton's jumper was money as [expletive], especially from the corners lol. Used to run lineups with him and Lamar and drive people crazy.

You didn't MAIN Luke obviously, but I played and shot with him my fair share.

Obviously the offense was all about Pau and Kobe.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

My thing is why would Jackson make an entire IG post on something so trivial?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LOL, Stephen Jackson

just saw this. Man, Stephen Jackson is one bitter dude... he's going to be worse than Byron as he gets older. "Back when I played... we did this or that BETTER than any of these "new" guys today"... "these new guys wouldn't have survived when I played", etc. etc.
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject:

I remember Stephen Jackson being deified back in January when he said that D'Angelo and Julius shouldn't pay attention to Scott, now he's a pariah.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:

not working on defense? smh
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
Gotta stay relevant, and a 'snitch' makes for an easy target? I guess.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LOL, Stephen Jackson

what the....
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Lol, this is not Clarkson thread
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:

That was my initial reaction to it as well. I mean, why make an IG post about that? lol. Who knows if DLO was being a little bit of a suck up when he said it (since none of us can even read his mind to know), but even if he was, that's the kind of thing you just sort of roll your eyes at, maybe even clown him a little bit, and keep it moving. But to literally become offended by it and use it as some sort of springboard to criticize him and this generation of players? It's borderline pathetic lol. Huge L for Jax on this one.

Jax, my dude, if you're really THIS bored with your retirement, go buy a rocking chair and knit sweaters for the homeless or something. You're making yourself look bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1312, 1313, 1314 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 1313 of 2856
Jump to: