First Latina cast member of SNL accused of being a bigot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Having only seen the two examples of the tweets as shown by the attached links (the one about the pug and the date with the black guy) I really don't know what the uproar is about.
The tweet about the lady looking like a dog is kind of funny and the one about being scared to go on a date with a black guy is obviously about the black male large penis stereotype.

I think there are plenty of funny things about people of all races and just because someone chooses to share an ambiguous observation they should not be immediately branded a racist.

Unless there are links to David Duke on her twitter account I hardly find this offensive.

If we can't all laugh about each other, what's the point? And as that Apple commercial points out so nicely, we are more alike than unalike my friends.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
4stargeneralbulldog wrote:

And all 4 hate each other, they also look down upon Blacks, Latinos, etc. However all 4 seem to love to kiss white ass. The intermarriage with whites is high for the ones living in the west.

With some Asians that I know, you only marry Asian or white.

I went the other way. I married a white woman and I'm latino.

I married a Mexican woman and I'm white (German/Spanish). Dinnertime is exceptional in my home.

Desert, even better.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
I honestly don't know what we would do without the squad of people that dig through a comedian's Twitter history after they get a new job to look for things to be offended by.

Exactly, seems bizarre.

That poor taste tweet by Larry, Jr. regarding Kobe from 2010 or thereabouts was already unearthed while he was busy being drafted. Internets... The thing is that there is much less forgiveness and much more contrived shock when an old tweet which may have been written on a dipshh day is uncovered than there would be if all the parties were physically present. The offending person may be truly contrite and admit to themselves something like, "Larry...that was one stupid post, why'd you hit send, you idiot?". That's basically what Larry thought when saw that old quip, but contrition and recognition of your idiot comment doesn't convey in this stupid medium. Plus, if you've offended Millennials, forget it. They take Gore's internets way too seriously. Their entire generation is a freelance shame squad. It's literally part of their lives and their personalities are tied to it.

I don't think it's solely a millenial thing. I've seen posts in OT from much older posters that practically brag about their ability to multi-task their outrage. It's effing ridiculous.

+1
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Bigotry is not exclusive to white people.

Seriously. Minorities can be extremely prejudiced towards other minorities, even within the same race...

E.G. Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese looking down on the Vietnamese.

And all 4 hate each other, they also look down upon Blacks, Latinos, etc. However all 4 seem to love to kiss white ass. The intermarriage with whites is high for the ones living in the west.

From my personal experience. Alot of my white guy friends like Asian ladies. Seems more common than Asian Guy/white lady pairings. Not sure why.

I've only dated 2 people my whole life who were the same race as I am (black). But every place I've worked at or gone to school at has been predominantly white, in general.

Interestingly, of all the races, asian men are the least likely to date non-asian women.

This has to do more with the non-asian women than the asian men though. We're just not sex symbols, let's face it.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kikanga wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Seriously. Minorities can be extremely prejudiced towards other minorities, even within the same race...

From my personal experience. Alot of my white guy friends like Asian ladies. Seems more common than Asian Guy/white lady pairings. Not sure why.

I've only dated 2 people my whole life who were the same race as I am (black). But every place I've worked at or gone to school at has been predominantly white, in general.

Interestingly, of all the races, asian men are the least likely to date non-asian women.

This has to do more with the non-asian women than the asian men though. We're just not sex symbols, let's face it.

Heaven forbid maybe all those enlightened feminists are closet racists.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kikanga wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Nahh, it's not racism. Just sexual preference. I'm not attracted to men, but that doesn't make me homophobic. Maybe in 2017 that'll all change the way things are going but not yet.

Asian men, in Western culture, have long been considered effeminate, asexual, less dominant, etc. I imagine over time that ingrained perception will change but I think those roots have a lot to do with it.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kikanga wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Nahh, it's not racism. Just sexual preference. I'm not attracted to men, but that doesn't make me homophobic. Maybe in 2017 that'll all change the way things are going but not yet.

Asian men, in Western culture, have long been considered effeminate, asexual, less dominant, etc. I imagine over time that ingrained perception will change but I think those roots have a lot to do with it.

Yup totally agree. Put a whig and skirt on an Asian dude an I'm all in for the party...

Smh.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: