Blake Griffin obsessed with how much Clipprs are hated in L.A.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
He is right about one thing though. People on this forum weren't (bleep) about the Clippers in 2009. The Clippers were irrelevant. They weren't even worth talking about. Nobody said they should move out of LA because nobody even talked about them.

I've HATED them since they moved to Staples. I didn't like them before that because they were celebrating like they won a title late in '92 when they thought they had kept us out of the playoffs. Thank you Sedale Threatt.

Until they get their own zip code I shall hate them.

I didn't start watching the Lakers until the 93-94 season. Curious how many posters here remember that in 92 (I'm sure some do though).

Sedale was the man in 92. His 42 pt gm at MSG was great. He was in the zone. He won that Clips game and one in Miami in Nov at the buzzer. He was the reason they made it in and they barely did. Houston had to lose to the putrid Mavs at home on the final day, too. Mavs were like a 6 win team or thereabouts on the road. What bro is saying above is correct. They went at us with a vengeance on 4/19/92. They wanted bad to dump the Lakers out of the playoffs. It was personal. Doc Rivers was one of them. Redass is seriously barking up the wrong tree if he thinks LA is going to embrace Doc Rivers' son. Eff that ess.

And we still wound up getting the 1st pick in the 1992 Draft, so no big loss. We even got Horry who the FO reportedly wanted and was taken a pick ahead of us by Houston.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

I don't hate the Clippers, if the Lakers aren't on I often will watch a Clipper game.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Blake Griffin's face while he was writing that piece:

Serio. Grow a pair, big guy.

Griffin whining about the Lakers being more popular is pretty funny.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker fans are the best. Some of y'all are crazy, but it comes from a place of love, right?

If you don't like it, Blake, you can always join the Lakers as a FA.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I don't hate the Clippers, if the Lakers aren't on I often will watch a Clipper game.

After watching an intense drama/action show, I often need to watch a sitcom to unwind. It's the same concept.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Same here. I sometimes watch the Clippers when I'm bored.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

I watch Clipper games as well when the Lakers aren't on or if there is an interesting opponent. And I watch rooting for them to lose in an embarrassing fashion.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Blake should realize by now that fans only respect teams that win championships. Even though the Lakers haven't won much in a while, they are still miles ahead of where the Clippers are as an organization in terms of winning championships. Until the Clippers can do the improbable and bring home a championship, they will remain the other basketball team that hasn't done squat.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

As for Staples, it isn't just the Lakers and Clippers using the stadium. The LA Kings use it. Even the LA Sparks use it. Should those teams move out too?

The Kings are a professional hockey team, not a professional basketball team. It's an honor to share an arena with the Kings, much like it was at the Forum. The Lakers and Kings are kin, for it was the Kings that were responsible for getting both the Forum and Staples built.

The Sparks are kin, too.

The Lakers are the only team in the league that has to share its arena with another NBA team. It's cheesy.

Quote:

Staples also gets used for other events. We can't expect the stadium to only be used for Laker games and nothing else. And it's not like LA isn't big enough for 2 teams. The Chargers or Raiders might join the Rams really soon.

You're straw-manning bro.

And who cares if it's big enough for two teams, more fun to have the whole city unite behind a single team, like the Dodgers or Kings.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I watch them, too. I call it "hate-watching." Their collapse against Houston a few years back was probably the funniest thing I've seen in pro sports.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
He is right about one thing though. People on this forum weren't (bleep) about the Clippers in 2009. The Clippers were irrelevant. They weren't even worth talking about. Nobody said they should move out of LA because nobody even talked about them.

I've HATED them since they moved to Staples. I didn't like them before that because they were celebrating like they won a title late in '92 when they thought they had kept us out of the playoffs. Thank you Sedale Threatt.

Until they get their own zip code I shall hate them.

I didn't start watching the Lakers until the 93-94 season. Curious how many posters here remember that in 92 (I'm sure some do though).

Sedale was the man in 92. His 42 pt gm at MSG was great. He was in the zone. He won that Clips game and one in Miami in Nov at the buzzer. He was the reason they made it in and they barely did. Houston had to lose to the putrid Mavs at home on the final day, too. Mavs were like a 6 win team or thereabouts on the road. What bro is saying above is correct. They went at us with a vengeance on 4/19/92. They wanted bad to dump the Lakers out of the playoffs. It was personal. Doc Rivers was one of them. Redass is seriously barking up the wrong tree if he thinks LA is going to embrace Doc Rivers' son. Eff that ess.

And we still wound up getting the 1st pick in the 1992 Draft, so no big loss. We even got Horry who the FO reportedly wanted and was taken a pick ahead of us by Houston.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEdv6sy3ulljPMGdy/giphy.gif
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I watch them, too. I call it "hate-watching." Their collapse against Houston a few years back was probably the funniest thing I've seen in pro sports.

At least we're not the latest team in la to blow a 3-1 lead. We lost to the pacific division leaders they lost to a 6th seed. Clippers never deserved respect and neither should Blake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Why even waste your time. The lakers are the only team that's relevant in la even with a good record the clippers are not an organization Los Angelinos should waste their time on
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

I genuinely wonder if he will try to become a Laker in 2017. It's obviously grating on him.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I genuinely wonder if he will try to become a Laker in 2017. It's obviously grating on him.

The irony is that by that time the Lakers might not even want him. With Nance/Randle/Ingram on the roster it might be smarter for the Lakers to look elsewhere to spend their $$.

Hopefully he just leaves LA altogether.

Along with the rest of the Clippers.

Maybe to like Seattle or something. Mariners fans probably wouldn't boo Austin Rivers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

As for Staples, it isn't just the Lakers and Clippers using the stadium. The LA Kings use it. Even the LA Sparks use it. Should those teams move out too?

The Kings are a professional hockey team, not a professional basketball team. It's an honor to share an arena with the Kings, much like it was at the Forum. The Lakers and Kings are kin, for it was the Kings that were responsible for getting both the Forum and Staples built.

The Sparks are kin, too.

The Lakers are the only team in the league that has to share its arena with another NBA team. It's cheesy.

It is what the Lakers wanted.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Why even waste your time. The lakers are the only team that's relevant in la even with a good record the clippers are not an organization Los Angelinos should waste their time on

Look, you worry about your time and don't presume that you have any business telling me what to do with mine. Ok?
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

The Sparks are kin, too.

Link?

I don't think they had a choice. Dr. Buss agreed to let the Kings out of their lease at the Forum, and then agreed to become a tenant at Staples. I never remember reading anything about the Lakers openly pursing or encouraging the Clippers to join them at Staples.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
999 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Look, you worry about your time and don't presume that you have any business telling me what to do with mine. Ok?

Salty.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are great if you want to go to a playoff game for pretty cheap.

!...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
999 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yessir clipper Darrell
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

well yea...if one was not a laker fan one would not hate the clippers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

The Sparks are kin, too.

Link?

I don't think they had a choice. Dr. Buss agreed to let the Kings out of their lease at the Forum, and then agreed to become a tenant at Staples. I never remember reading anything about the Lakers openly pursing or encouraging the Clippers to join them at Staples.

Dr. Buss could have had a choice, but he owed Donald Sterling for getting his start in real estate. I doubt Dr. Buss pursued adding the Clippers to Staples Center tenants, but I also know he had no issues with it. He had no animosity toward the Clippers, too bad his supposed fans can't be as mature.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

The Sparks are kin, too.

Link?

Dr. Buss could have had a choice, but he owed Donald Sterling for getting his start in real estate. I doubt Dr. Buss pursued adding the Clippers to Staples Center tenants, but I also know he had no issues with it. He had no animosity toward the Clippers, too bad his supposed fans can't be as mature.

I dont think animosity was there until 2012. Before the Clippers landed Chris Paul, Laker fans didnt mind the CLippers being around. Not even in 2006 when they were in the playoffs Laker fans like myself were rooting for the clippers to beat PHX because of the animosity towards the suns at that time. I remember they had Elton Brand Shaun Livingston etc... they were a solid team that they built on. They were not gifted that team like they did with the CP3 veto.

More animosity came when they traded for Doc Rivers a former Celtic Coach and they covered our championship banners with their own selfies. From there it kept building up with personalities of Blake Griffen, Doc Rivers, Deandre Jordan. even the whole resigning of Deandre Jordan was very shady and it was never reprimanded league to the Clippers.

I think the hate reached its boiling point when the clippers were getting some media attention due to the Sterling fiasco and Clipper players and now new owner Steve ballmer tried to capitalize on the media by promoting the clipper brand in Los Angeles.

as a laker fan i never bought into that. I dont think Dr. Buss would have cared either or even support what happened over the years
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

The Sparks are kin, too.

Link?

Dr. Buss could have had a choice,

Do you have a link to substantiate your claim or not? I'm thinking not.

Dr. Buss had already agreed to move to Staples by the time the Clippers slinked in. His only "choice" at that point would've been to back out, which would've been a disaster because it would've put the Lakers at a competitive disadvantage playing in a 30-year-old arena while those carpet-baggers got to play in a state-of-the-art facility.

Quote:
but he owed Donald Sterling for getting his start in real estate. I doubt Dr. Buss pursued adding the Clippers to Staples Center tenants,

So then it's a bit of a stretch to say that it's what the Lakers "wanted," isn't it?

Quote:

but I also know he had no issues with it. He had no animosity toward the Clippers, too bad his supposed fans can't be as mature.

Oh grow up. You know that not everyone who doesn't share your worldview is immature or insecure, right?

In fact I'd say that anyone who questions the maturity of others when they don't agree is pretty insecure themselves.

He who smelt it dealt it, homie.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: