The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 656, 657, 658 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd2qgyR7qkw New Julius interview.

Q: What have you been working on?

A: Just playing as hard as I can. Just trying to get into top shape. Playing with a lot of energy, motor.. And just playing unselfish, open man gets the shot. We're playing for eachother more this year than for ourselves

KIROE in nirvana.
Just needed to mention jump shooting and defense and the hype train would have been at full speed

We'll see how improved he is at it...

Pre season in 3 weeks! Woooooohhhh!!!!!!!

edit: wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff just got through watching the entirety of game film from last season - and communicated to Julius that he needs to play harder, and not take more plays off than anyone in the league. lol. When the first thing out of your mouth is about improving this facet (a facet in which a player will very rarely be hard on himself) , it was communicated to him. #1 priority it seems. everyone said - "jumpshot over everything" , "jumpshot is his worst skillset" , no, that would be effort & stamina

I also think the fact that Nance Jr/Deng can take his minutes if he doesn't show improvement are also powerful motivators.

As someone who's looking to be a "leader" on the team, why does he need those motivators in the first place. Anyone can say what they will do, we'll see if he backs it up this season
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd2qgyR7qkw New Julius interview.

Q: What have you been working on?

A: Just playing as hard as I can. Just trying to get into top shape. Playing with a lot of energy, motor.. And just playing unselfish, open man gets the shot. We're playing for eachother more this year than for ourselves

KIROE in nirvana.
Just needed to mention jump shooting and defense and the hype train would have been at full speed

We'll see how improved he is at it...

Pre season in 3 weeks! Woooooohhhh!!!!!!!

edit: wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff just got through watching the entirety of game film from last season - and communicated to Julius that he needs to play harder, and not take more plays off than anyone in the league. lol. When the first thing out of your mouth is about improving this facet (a facet in which a player will very rarely be hard on himself) , it was communicated to him. #1 priority it seems. everyone said - "jumpshot over everything" , "jumpshot is his worst skillset" , no, that would be effort & stamina

I also think the fact that Nance Jr/Deng can take his minutes if he doesn't show improvement are also powerful motivators.

As someone who's looking to be a "leader" on the team, why does he need those motivators in the first place. Anyone can say what they will do, we'll see if he backs it up this season

Lets not take a theory from a poster and act as if this is how Julius Randle actually thinks.

Sometimes there's way too many attempts at mind reading going on in this thread. It's almost as bad as people trying to read body language.

It's best of we just stick to what these guys actually say or at the very least reports from credible sources.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

No, it's the jumpshot.

23% from 10-15 feet
25% from 16-3pt

I don't care how deficient you think his effort was (Stu always seemed to think he was playing hard), nothing comes close to the shooting.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

No, it's the jumpshot.

23% from 10-15 feet
25% from 16-3pt

I don't care how deficient you think his effort was (Stu always seemed to think he was playing hard), nothing comes close to the shooting.

It's honestly debatable, like - worst in the league shooting, worst in the league effort off-ball/D. Take your pick
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

No, it's the jumpshot.

23% from 10-15 feet
25% from 16-3pt

It's honestly debatable, like - worst in the league shooting, worst in the league effort off-ball/D. Take your pick

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/julius-randle/

Nate Silver says you're wrong, and, unless it involves Hillary Clinton, Nate Silver is never wrong.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

No, it's the jumpshot.

23% from 10-15 feet
25% from 16-3pt

Nate Silver says you're wrong, and, unless it involves Hillary Clinton, Nate Silver is never wrong.

Where is the analytic for effort? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6e354wW-vls&feature=youtu.be Who else in the league is that lazy/gassed ?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Excited to move past last season and see what he's got this year! His weaknesses have been established, I'm excited to point out progress. Season soon!
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

No, it's the jumpshot.

23% from 10-15 feet
25% from 16-3pt

Well one aspect at a time.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject:

I'm glad he knows what he had to work on in the offseason. Whether it came from him just realizing or the coaching staff telling him, he now has a blue print.

I really hope he turns it around. For me, last year I thought he was a horrible team mate. Really isolated himself. When he wasn't directly involved in an offensive play, you can see him walk away from the huddle. More than once have I witnessed him sit at the end up the bench while there was a huddle.

As for the double doubles, selfishly-manufactured. Lacking on defense to stay around the rim for a rebound. Running through his own teammates to get that 10th rebound.

He can be a volume rebounder but I don't want it at the expense of our defense.

While double doubles are great for fantasy basketball, I feel like it can hinder a team when it becomes an individual priority.

Again, I always seem to rub the Randle supporters wrong with my posts but I just say what I see out my own unbiased eyes.

This is a new season and I hope he changes the way I view him as a player.

If everyone is on the same page, I honestly think we can make a push for the 8th spot.

I'm excited to see what Luke and Co can come up with.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Excited to move past last season and see what he's got this year! His weaknesses have been established, I'm excited to point out progress. Season soon!

Word.
I'm really excited by this coaching staff.
Jules has such great potential.
Can't wait to watch his evolution!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Word.
I'm really excited by this coaching staff.
Jules has such great potential.
Can't wait to watch his evolution!

For real. I don't mean to rub in that effort/defense video all the time , but I'm glad we all see that perspective. And also it's awesome that it was pointed out to him that his effort and getting in shape is something that he really needs to work on. So, everybody is on a realistic page, and we can move on and track his progress now.
He has years to improve on these things and it will be fun to watch.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject:

fight for playoffs
kids get plenty mins
Win Lottery

3 things i want us to see achieve
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject:

Did y'all Julius' last retweet? Somebody hit a game winner with him in 2k and his character did the big balls dance that got him fined last year lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/778668963408457729

Stitches removed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

Grass Fed on Jules:

Quote:
JULIUS RANDLE
DiFrancesco: Julius was always here (at the practice facility), typically two times a day throughout the summer. I had to check in with him the following day as to what he did the night before. We’d always lift in the morning, but most evenings he was coming back in to shoot and do work on the court. With Julius, he’s almost always texting me asking me when we can get a work out in. Some guys it goes the other way, where I’ll be leading the way. He’s really evolved rapidly in terms of his approach, which he’s taken to another level. We work a lot on movement efficiency and hip mobility, encouraging smooth movement patterns through explosive action. His hips are strong but sometimes tight, so that was a focus.

lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Grass Fed on Jules:

Quote:
JULIUS RANDLE
DiFrancesco: Julius was always here (at the practice facility), typically two times a day throughout the summer. I had to check in with him the following day as to what he did the night before. We’d always lift in the morning, but most evenings he was coming back in to shoot and do work on the court. With Julius, he’s almost always texting me asking me when we can get a work out in. Some guys it goes the other way, where I’ll be leading the way. He’s really evolved rapidly in terms of his approach, which he’s taken to another level. We work a lot on movement efficiency and hip mobility, encouraging smooth movement patterns through explosive action. His hips are strong but sometimes tight, so that was a focus.
I only hope this hard work translates into something we can see and makes a difference in his play on the court.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

One Player; One Skill: Julius Randle’s Quick Decisions

Quote:
If Randle hopes to take a step forward this season with the starting units, he’ll have to learn to make quicker decisions in the pick-and-roll. Otherwise, the Lakers might be better off with Larry Nance, Jr., who needs the ball less often than Randle does to be successful. As Randle seems to have more potential than Nance, one would hope he can figure this out, so the Lakers can have as many of their best players on the court as possible. sometimes in situations like this, however, the coach chooses fit over talent.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2016/09/23/one-player-one-skill-julius-randles-quick-decisions/#more-20701
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
If Randle hopes to take a step forward this season with the starting units, he’ll have to learn to make quicker decisions in the pick-and-roll. Otherwise, the Lakers might be better off with Larry Nance, Jr., who needs the ball less often than Randle does to be successful. As Randle seems to have more potential than Nance, one would hope he can figure this out, so the Lakers can have as many of their best players on the court as possible. sometimes in situations like this, however, the coach chooses fit over talent.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2016/09/23/one-player-one-skill-julius-randles-quick-decisions/#more-20701

pio2u always got the news and the articles
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Julius Randle's checklist of "must do's" for the upcoming season:

* Improve his jump shot
* Develop & use his right hand more
* Harness the ability to change speeds more often
* Put for more/better effort in learning and playing defensively
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:

He's a one-on-one player. That's all those clips show.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

I quite frankly think Luke puts precedence over Randle becoming a more efficient finisher inside the paint as opposed to him mastering his jumper just yet.

I'm fine with Randle only improving to maybe 35% from mid range as his jumper progresses if he is finishing 55-56% in the paint.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Julius Randle's checklist of "must do's" for the upcoming season:

* Improve his jump shot
* Develop & use his right hand more
* Harness the ability to change speeds more often
* Put for more/better effort in learning and playing defensively

Amen. I think he's going to look great handling the ball and playmaking
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I quite frankly think Luke puts precedence over Randle becoming a more efficient finisher inside the paint as opposed to him mastering his jumper just yet.

I'm fine with Randle only improving to maybe 35% from mid range as his jumper progresses if he is finishing 55-56% in the paint.

+1

A jump shot is a plus and I can say the same about his right hand, but finishing above 50% around the basket is a must for a bit man. Bricking so many shots around the basket is unacceptable for a starting PF.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
MJST wrote:

+1

A jump shot is a plus and I can say the same about his right hand, but finishing above 50% around the basket is a must for a bit man. Bricking so many shots around the basket is unacceptable for a starting PF.

The lack of a right hand is one of the reasons he struggles at finishing around the rim though. There were times where he'd have an easier shot if he used his right, but he elected to do some kind of weird counter move so he could shoot it with his left, and it always seemed to be a much more difficult shot when he did it.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:
I'm glad he knows what he had to work on in the offseason. Whether it came from him just realizing or the coaching staff telling him, he now has a blue print.

I really hope he turns it around. For me, last year I thought he was a horrible team mate. Really isolated himself. When he wasn't directly involved in an offensive play, you can see him walk away from the huddle. More than once have I witnessed him sit at the end up the bench while there was a huddle.

As for the double doubles, selfishly-manufactured. Lacking on defense to stay around the rim for a rebound. Running through his own teammates to get that 10th rebound.

He can be a volume rebounder but I don't want it at the expense of our defense.

While double doubles are great for fantasy basketball, I feel like it can hinder a team when it becomes an individual priority.

Again, I always seem to rub the Randle supporters wrong with my posts but I just say what I see out my own unbiased eyes.

This is a new season and I hope he changes the way I view him as a player.

If everyone is on the same page, I honestly think we can make a push for the 8th spot.

I'm excited to see what Luke and Co can come up with.

lol you should scroll up about seven posts and read what Truck Turner said about trying to read minds.

And I think it's a huge reach to say he was a "horrible" teammate last year. Some immaturity here and there, sure, but your list falls short of justifying him as "horrible." I'm willing to give him somewhat of a pass for those things considering his age and the toxic environment Byron always took pleasure in cultivating. He's a year older, has a brand new coaching staff that brings a new car smell type environment to the team (not to mention being coached by Pop, albeit for a few short days), and better vets to learn from. I expect that his attitude will be better overall, not just his game. Having Brian Keefe on the coaching staff will be very helpful as well when it comes to the players having poor attitudes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 656, 657, 658 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 657 of 1536
Jump to: