Neighbors who park in front of your house...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
I don't get the outrage. It's a public street and not part of your property.
`

No outrage, just annoyance.

If they were 0.1 inch over the property line, would it change your feelings then? Or no?

Not really. As long as I don't see an empty can, bottle, candy wrapper, or cigarette butt, I'm good.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
`

If they were 0.1 inch over the property line, would it change your feelings then? Or no?

Not really. As long as I don't see an empty can, bottle, candy wrapper, or cigarette butt, I'm good.

Well, then you're one of the rare folks that don't mind when random people park on your property!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
`

Well, then you're one of the rare folks that don't mind when random people park on your property!

No, I just think I have a tolerance of others who need to park their cars in a public space, which is the context of this thread, which of course you derailed. But then, I can see you running out the front door with a ruler.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
`

No, I just think I have a tolerance of others who need to park their cars in a public space, which is the context of this thread, which of course you derailed. But then, I can see you running out the front door with a ruler.

A ruler? I don't need a ruler, that's the whole point. *sigh*

Just curious. If you were going to stay with someone for at least 4 days and never move your car, would you park in front of their neighbors house holding up that spot, the only spot where they can put out their trash cans, for those 4+ days, or would you be courteous enough to park over on the side street even if that meant an extra 30 feet of walking distance for you?

Me, I'd do the latter. How about you? Probably the former from the sounds of it.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

Let me try to better illustrate this with a visual...

This is NOT a map of my neighborhood, but it looks similar except there are driveways entering the homes.

http://i.imgur.com/xZrDnjo.jpg

A = Ringfinger's House
B = The Offender's House

angrypuppy, if you were going to stay at The Offender's House for at least 4 days and possibly more, and not move your car during your stay, where would you park?

At location C? Or location D?

I'd park at C if I were only staying for a few hours or maybe overnight. Much longer than that, and I'm doing the courteous thing and parking at D. You?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject:

Use your sprinklers as a deterrent to parking in front of your house.

If that doesn't work, start parking your cars in front of his house for days at a time and encourage your friends and family to do so as well.

I agree with you, that is not acceptable of him despite being technically legal.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

Seriously, why don't you try to talk to your neighbor? Be respectful and say the word please.

Grown people resolve issues like this by talking and coming to an understanding. I'm pretty sure you can work something out.

Other suggestions like putting dog crap on the car or trashcans around the area just seems so juvenile and more than likely will escalate the situation. Again, try talking to your neighbor.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: ringfinger

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:
Seriously, why don't you try to talk to your neighbor? Be respectful and say the word please.

Grown people resolve issues like this by talking and coming to an understanding. I'm pretty sure you can work something out.

Other suggestions like putting dog crap on the car or trashcans around the area just seems so juvenile and more than likely will escalate the situation. Again, try talking to your neighbor.

I already told you talking to him wont do anything. Other neighbors have tried when it happens to them as well.

I agree the dog crap stuff is not something i'm open to.

I like the idea of parking my car there. Or, buying a really ugly crappy car for like $500 and leave it in front of his house. Legal!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

Yeah, these are your neighbors. You're pretty much stuck with each other on an intermediate to long-term basis. It's up to you to make friends and have a pleasant neighborhood, or start acting passive-aggressive and make your social environment a living hell for yourself and everyone involved.

Take the high road and communicate openly. I like my neighbors, and I'm sure they like me.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: ringfinger

angrypuppy wrote:

Yeah, these are your neighbors. You're pretty much stuck with each other on an intermediate to long-term basis. It's up to you to make friends and have a pleasant neighborhood, or start acting passive-aggressive and make your social environment a living hell for yourself and everyone involved.

Take the high road and communicate openly. I like my neighbors, and I'm sure they like me.

I agree. Which is why I wish he would make sure his guests park down the side street when they park for 4+ days in a row.

Because that would be the nieghborly thing to do right?

That's why it's not an issue of legality but rather, basic common courtesy.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Use your sprinklers as a deterrent to parking in front of your house.

If that doesn't work, start parking your cars in front of his house for days at a time and encourage your friends and family to do so as well.

I agree with you, that is not acceptable of him despite being technically legal.

Best advice so far.

I have a neighbor who's balcony (It's a townhouse) is across mine. The dude keeps sitting in that balcony all day and evening which is OK , but he happens to conduct his business from there on the phone with loud conversations that turn into loud yelling quite often.

I walked over there, introduced myself, shook his hand, and asked very politely if he could please try to keep it down a bit because we're resting etc.
He agreed, but kept his antics anyway. I went over and asked him again nicely 3-4 more times to no avail.

I finally bought a boom box and every time he started making noise I turned the boom box on.

It's been pleasantly quite ever since
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

One word: nails.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: