View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Can't believe there's no love here for the great Bobby Chacon. This guy had one of the biggest hearts in boxing. For those of you that don't know his story here is a great tribute. For those that do its a great read. Thanks Bobby for all the great memories. http://www.ringtv.com/463803-bobby-chacon-1951-2016/

Chacon was a monster. The fights with him and Boza Edwards, just classic. He probably wouldn't get as much as attention because he was overshadowed by the heavyweight division and Duran, Leonard and Hearns.

Dude was nice though.

I remembered Chacon's name, but I was really young at the time that he was boxing, so most of my memories from that early on were of Sugar Ray, Duran, and Tommy Hearns. Chacon was one of my Grandpa's favorites though. He'd always mention his name (I think because he fought at the lower weights, where there most of the Filipino fighters would be) as being one of his favorites.

Bobby's quest to regain his title is the stuff of legend. His wife wanted him to quit boxing and she killed herself on the eve of his elimination bout to get a title shot. Bobby fought anyhow in Sacramento setting up a fourth fight with Bazooka Limon to regain the title. That fight was one of the most incredible fights ever. Nobody had more heart than Bobby. He ended up picking up aluminum cans and sweeping up around the gym. Great champ!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Lomachenko vs. Walters on November 26!!!! November is gonna be pretty darn stacked

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/17654886/junior-lightweight-titlist-vasyl-lomachenko-nicholas-walters-agree-bout-nov-26

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Can't believe there's no love here for the great Bobby Chacon. This guy had one of the biggest hearts in boxing. For those of you that don't know his story here is a great tribute. For those that do its a great read. Thanks Bobby for all the great memories. http://www.ringtv.com/463803-bobby-chacon-1951-2016/

Chacon was a monster. The fights with him and Boza Edwards, just classic. He probably wouldn't get as much as attention because he was overshadowed by the heavyweight division and Duran, Leonard and Hearns.

Dude was nice though.

I remembered Chacon's name, but I was really young at the time that he was boxing, so most of my memories from that early on were of Sugar Ray, Duran, and Tommy Hearns. Chacon was one of my Grandpa's favorites though. He'd always mention his name (I think because he fought at the lower weights, where there most of the Filipino fighters would be) as being one of his favorites.

Bobby's quest to regain his title is the stuff of legend. His wife wanted him to quit boxing and she killed herself on the eve of his elimination bout to get a title shot. Bobby fought anyhow in Sacramento setting up a fourth fight with Bazooka Limon to regain the title. That fight was one of the most incredible fights ever. Nobody had more heart than Bobby. He ended up picking up aluminum cans and sweeping up around the gym. Great champ!

Wow...that's crazy.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Boxing mostly tonight. Cards on Saturday aren't televised locally.

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule/

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

Local fight tonight, at the Belasco Theatre, for those interested in going to watch live. Diego Magdaleno headlining. It's also being televised on EstrellaTV (It is available on broadcast via Spectrum fka TWC).

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Kinda noticed boxing has really dropped off the map lately. Fury and his drugs issues.

PBC cards starting to suffer a little.

Terrible matchups across the board. Best not fighting the best.

Floyd taking shots at Golovkin every chance he can and telling Canelo to build the fight up.

Just really frustrating. Hopefully Kovalev vs SOG, Lomachenko vs Walters, and a potential Thurman vs Garcia can get everything back on track.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Kinda noticed boxing has really dropped off the map lately. Fury and his drugs issues.

Floyd taking shots at Golovkin every chance he can and telling Canelo to build the fight up.

Just really frustrating. Hopefully Kovalev vs SOG, Lomachenko vs Walters, and a potential Thurman vs Garcia can get everything back on track.

PBC cards suffering a bit? They have cancelled all cards for the rest of the year. Including all NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, Spike shows. Word is that All blew through most of that 500 million and can't afford to put on any shows meanwhile his fighters need fights. I wouldn't count on Garcia Thurman anytime soon. I'm sure Danny is looking for another Rod Salko matchup. Maybe a rematch with the Ghost.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

PBC cards suffering a bit? They have cancelled all cards for the rest of the year. Including all NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, Spike shows. Word is that All blew through most of that 500 million and can't afford to put on any shows meanwhile his fighters need fights. I wouldn't count on Garcia Thurman anytime soon. I'm sure Danny is looking for another Rod Salko matchup. Maybe a rematch with the Ghost.

DG IS fighting another Salka in 4 weeks (I don't even know the guy's name). But the Thurman-Garcia fight is apparently signed for March already. Both guys have been talking mad trash to each other just in the last 2 days.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

DG IS fighting another Salka in 4 weeks (I don't even know the guy's name). But the Thurman-Garcia fight is apparently signed for March already. Both guys have been talking mad trash to each other just in the last 2 days.

Well if and when that happens, I gotta go with Thurman. Garcia hasn't looked great at 147. Thurman is too long to fast too good.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

Thurman will destroy Garcia, who is an overrated, cherry-picking, bum.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Garcia is fighting another tomato can

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/10/14/13283940/garcia-vargas-press-conference-and-face-off

Sammy Vargas (aka Tomato Can for Danny...again)!...LOL...Maybe he's related to either Jesse or Fernando somehow? I was hoping that he'd have a lot of KO's on his record and would just get a lucky punch and win this fight, but highly doubt that'll happen.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Ted wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/10/14/13283940/garcia-vargas-press-conference-and-face-off

Sammy Vargas (aka Tomato Can for Danny...again)!...LOL...Maybe he's related to either Jesse or Fernando somehow? I was hoping that he'd have a lot of KO's on his record and would just get a lucky punch and win this fight, but highly doubt that'll happen.

According to Danny, Errol Spence has to earn his shot. Yet Danny fights the guy Spence dismantled in 4 rounds?
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Ted wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

According to Danny, Errol Spence has to earn his shot. Yet Danny fights the guy Spence dismantled in 4 rounds?

I feel bad for Errol because I think all the top guys will avoid him like the plague.

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

its like GGG all over again.. they're going to see he never fought anyone.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Only one televised cast on US TV being broadcasted on BEIN.

Ring changed their format of schedule for fights:

Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Mikey Garcia vs. Dejan Zlaticanin on January 28. It's Garcia's second fight since his return after defeating Elio Rojas back in July. The fight should be for the WBC lightweight title.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Not gonna say he cherry picked. Look at his resume. Dude has fought some serious names: Morales twice, Khan, Matthysse, Peterson, Holt and Judah. Hell, even Malignaggi and Robert Guerrero are solid. If anyone should get a tune up fight after a nice lay off, it should be Garcia. Hopefully things stick to plan and he faces Thurman in March.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Brutal. I saw the recent cards they had and they were brutal. Worse thing that's happened to boxing is Shaffer leaving GBP
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Ted wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

I feel bad for Errol because I think all the top guys will avoid him like the plague.

Think he needs a respectable name on his docket. Algeri??? Maybe. Think he does need to fight a solid gatekeeper. Maybe Ghost Guerrero or Berto.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Mikey Garcia vs. Dejan Zlaticanin on January 28. It's Garcia's second fight since his return after defeating Elio Rojas back in July. The fight should be for the WBC lightweight title.

Should be a nice scrap.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Not gonna say he cherry picked. Look at his resume. Dude has fought some serious names: Morales twice, Khan, Matthysse, Peterson, Holt and Judah. Hell, even Malignaggi and Robert Guerrero are solid. If anyone should get a tune up fight after a nice lay off, it should be Garcia. Hopefully things stick to plan and he faces Thurman in March.

Every "name" DG has faced was either over the hill or already exposed (e.g., Khan, Peterson, Judah, Guerrero, Morales) with the exception of Matthysse, who I give him credit for demolishing. I stand by my prediction: IF he fights Thurman, he will be taken out inside 9 rounds. Even Senator Pacquiao would have destroyed DG in November if DG had the balls to accept the fight (not a big ask considering Pac has already been KO'd multiple times and beaten by a wide UD by Mayweather).
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for Lomachenko vs. Walters. This should be good.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject:

great watch.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Think he needs a respectable name on his docket. Algeri??? Maybe. Think he does need to fight a solid gatekeeper. Maybe Ghost Guerrero or Berto.

Either of those guys would be a great fight.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Schedule for the weekend!

Top Rank's preview of Pacquiao vs. Vargas

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 422 of 514
Jump to: