OFFICIAL YI JIANLIAN THREAD....GOODBYE YI....ASKED TO BE WAIVED!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Russia v. China v. America v. Croatia battles at center.

WWIII.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Yi Jianlian ready to play multiple positions with the Lakers

In a crowded front court, the big man is ready to play wherever he is needed.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/9/26/13062558/la-lakers-news-yi-jianlian-ready-to-play-multiple-positions-with-the-lakers
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject:

So excited for season to start. This guy is going to be a big surprise for Lakers.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

Mitch Kupchak: Yi Jianlian Needs To ‘Earn His Way’ Onto Lakers Roster

Quote:
While the Lakers are moving to an up-tempo style in the evolving NBA, the ability to space the floor will be key. That was likely the thought process in the signing of Yi Jianlian, a fifth-year veteran returning to the NBA for the first time since 2012.

Yi has a partial guarantee on his one-year contract, but it can be worth up to $8 million depending on how many games he ultimately plays for the Lakers this year.

But that could be getting ahead of things as Kupchak stated that Yi’s spot on the roster is not guaranteed

http://www.lakersnation.com/mitch-kupchak-yi-jianlian-needs-to-earn-his-way-onto-lakers-roster/2016/09/27/
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

^ If you see any updates on Yi and his progress during TC, please post em pio2u.

You and Lakersfreak are amazing when it comes to finding updated news.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/781972058599108609
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject:

Article from the LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-training-camp-20160930-snap-story.html

Essentially, it says that the Lakers are very happy with Yi. He appears to be their best 3-pt shooter "out of the bigs."

--Anonymous
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Article from the LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-training-camp-20160930-snap-story.html

Essentially, it says that the Lakers are very happy with Yi. He appears to be their best 3-pt shooter "out of the bigs."

Lakers Nation @LakersNation:

Yi Jianlian’s shooting ability was a hot topic of conversation after today’s training camp. Here’s Yi after practice.

I'm really happy for Yi.

He caught my eye during the Olympics but I never dreamed that we would sign him. In the Olympics he displayed skill, maturity, balance and leadership.
Regardless of his role he will be a great addition to the team.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

I'm impressed how big this guy is. Legit 7'0 and very, very long.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Bresnahan said he may be the team's #2 center behind Moz. Interesting development.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

WWIII.

Yea, this is the most international a Lakers team has assembled. Add brazil, spain, Sudan and Phillipines to your list above with the Americans leading the squad... pretty cool
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

WWIII.

Yea, this is the most international a Lakers team has assembled. Add brazil, spain, Sudan and Phillipines to your list above with the Americans leading the squad... pretty cool

It might be the most diverse squad in the league. Just shows how far the international talent pool has come, although India is lagging very behind.

I believe Mitch talked in the past about his preference for international players. I forgot the name of the international scout working for the Lakers, but he's done a remarkable job.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

WWIII.

It might be the most diverse squad in the league. Just shows how far the international talent pool has come, although India is lagging very behind.

I believe Mitch talked in the past about his preference for international players. I forgot the name of the international scout working for the Lakers, but he's done a remarkable job.

Antonio Macerias?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

WWIII.

Antonio Macerias?

Yeah that him. There was an article about him recently: http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160901antoniomaceirastranslation?cid=tw

We can thank Ettore Messina for it. Something good did come out of the Mike Brown Hire:

Quote:

“(My arrival to the Lakers) was a situation that happened thanks to the connection I had with Ettore Messina. The year he coached with the Lakers (as an assistant under Mike Brown) was the year that the old (international) scout had left the team, and they asked him about someone that could do that job in Europe, and he offered them my name.”
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Not surprised Yi is the backup center because he's just way too talented. That second unit looks like it will be the best in the NBA. I expect nick young to get back to his pre-Byron days.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

Yi Jianlian Showing Off His Three-Point Range

Quote:
Watch seven-footer Yi Jianlian knock down three-pointers at Los Angeles Lakers training camp in our video above. Yi has certainly been impressing both the staff and his teammates with his ability to stretch the floor.

http://www.lakersnation.com/video-yi-jianlian-showing-off-his-three-point-range/2016/10/01/
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

What makes him intriguing is he can play small ball 5 without giving up much of any height like most small ball fives. He's a small ball 5 that's not small.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Not surprised Yi is the backup center because he's just way too talented. That second unit looks like it will be the best in the NBA. I expect nick young to get back to his pre-Byron days.

CBS Sports has the Lakers bench ranked as #29 of 30: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-all-30-nba-benches-a-non-playoff-team-secures-top-spot/. I hope you are right and they are wrong.

--Anonymous
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

I would rather see Yi play the stretch-4, with Zubac anchoring the D. I'm not sure he's strong enough to bang with the other 5's in the league.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

CBS Sports has the Lakers bench ranked as #29 of 30: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-all-30-nba-benches-a-non-playoff-team-secures-top-spot/. I hope you are right and they are wrong.

We have a good bench but also a very inconsistent bench with zero defense outside of Nance/Black/Ingram.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

We have a good bench but also a very inconsistent bench with zero defense outside of Nance/Black/Ingram.

Nance + Ingram is plenty of defense IMO

Lou Williams
Swaggy P
Ingram
Nance
YI

That bench could put up buckets with anyone. Nance + Ingram balance things out because they bring intangibles like length, defense, energy and versatility. Two point forwards (nance and Ingram). Along with a stretch bigman and two of the best 6th men in the NBA. Rotate Calderon or huertas in when the offense needs to be organized and we need to get everyone involved.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
2019 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Lou Williams
Swaggy P
Ingram
Nance
YI

That bench could put up buckets with anyone. Nance + Ingram balance things out because they bring intangibles like length, defense, energy and versatility. Two point forwards (nance and Ingram). Along with a stretch bigman and two of the best 6th men in the NBA. Rotate Calderon or huertas in when the offense needs to be organized and we need to get everyone involved.

Nick Young need to rediscover SwaggyP
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

I am glad Yi is shooting well in training camp.

However

Can the mods remove him from the LG homepage already!?!????

Thank you,

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
2019 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Lou Williams
Swaggy P
Ingram
Nance
YI

Still thinking Young is buried on the bench more then suggested.

Prefer Calderon is primary backup PG. As mentioned, to run the offense.

Then Williams, Ingram, Nance and Yi. I like that overall lineup as the second unit.

Also think the mpg will get divided with this roster. Would not be surprised to see Walton playing 10 players a night with the various rotations.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Highlights of Lakers vs Wizards back in 2010 when Yi and Nick Young were with the Wizards:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20
Jump to: