PRE-SEASON IN 10 DAYS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
defense wrote:
We've got eight preseason games, predictions?

Record
Best player
Most improved

8-0
MWP
Swaggy

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Record
Best player
Most improved

Dodgers win NLCS
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

I CAN'T WAIT!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
I CAN'T WAIT!!

Yep.

I know preseason has no real effect on the regular season but this time, I think we are gonna see the potential this team has.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
defense wrote:

Record
Best player
Most improved

Dodgers win NLCS

Don't jinx it. Shout out to vin
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
I CAN'T WAIT!!

Yep.

I know preseason has no real effect on the regular season but this time, I think we are gonna see the potential this team has.

In this case I think it does, though. There's a new head coach, a new system, and young players who are still learning and coming into their own. The benefit of preseason is that it grants them the opportunity of taking what they learn in practice and using it in real games. Plus the coaching staff is able to experiment with certain lineups.

Unlike Byron, I'm sure Luke will take full advantage of preseason this year. Byron seemed to sleepwalk through it last year, as if it was just some chore he was obligated to endure. Guy didn't even use real rotations. He went with the hockey substitutions in pretty much every game lol. In contrast to his approach, I think a good coaching staff values preseason games as a way to lay the foundation for the culture and the system they'll be running. It should be treated as a formal introduction.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
I CAN'T WAIT!!

Yep.

In this case I think it does, though. There's a new head coach, a new system, and young players who are still learning and coming into their own. The benefit of preseason is that it grants them the opportunity of taking what they learn in practice and using it in real games. Plus the coaching staff is able to experiment with certain lineups.

Unlike Byron, I'm sure Luke will take full advantage of preseason this year. Byron seemed to sleepwalk through it last year, as if it was just some chore he was obligated to endure. Guy didn't even use real rotations. He went with the hockey substitutions in pretty much every game lol. In contrast to his approach, I think a good coaching staff values preseason games as a way to lay the foundation for the culture and the system they'll be running. It should be treated as a formal introduction.

I agree.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Jesus lawd, finally.

http://giphy.com/gifs/whosay-will-smith-fresh-prince-l41lKFzpUyuHSK03S
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Will take some time to get used to the Lakers without Kobe. Like someone posted earlier in this thread. Its a similar feel to the 92-93 squad. As that team was taking over for the old showtime crew, like this one is taking over after the Kobe era.

DLO has similarities to NVE as well, but i think he will gradually be the more willing passer this year. i can easily see this team improving quite a bit and a big time FA taking notice in the offseason.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Record
Best player
Most improved

4-4
DLO
DLO

I really like what I've seen from DLO this offseason in terms of his SL play and his commitment to the gym. I think he's ready to move into the Alpha Dog position on the team and should see a 18/6/6 type of year.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Double post
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

I'm looking forward to seeing which Laker will use our new center Mosgov to screen and roll. He will be a very good weapon if our team is smart enough to use his size. I think all our guards should have a field day having him set picks.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

CAN'T WAIT!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Ugh, as a cable cutter, not many options to watch preseason basketball.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ugh, as a cable cutter, not many options to watch preseason basketball.
I believe I watched all of the preseason games last year on the high waters
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject:

If anyone knows the answer to this, thanks in advance. I have TWC, so there is no need for me to do this, but my company VPN is in Baton Rouge. If I were to log onto it and then League Pass would LP assume I am in Baton Rouge? It wouldn't matter, I would guess that league pass is blocked by our websense, but when I hear people talk about using VPNs to watch the games I am not sure how they do that.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If anyone knows the answer to this, thanks in advance. I have TWC, so there is no need for me to do this, but my company VPN is in Baton Rouge. If I were to log onto it and then League Pass would LP assume I am in Baton Rouge? It wouldn't matter, I would guess that league pass is blocked by our websense, but when I hear people talk about using VPNs to watch the games I am not sure how they do that.

I've done it, through VPN software running on the PC and by configuring the router (more efficient). Yes, that's how it works. I would use a San Jose IP because it was a little faster on this service, but then I would lose Warriors games... You have a list of IPs you can choose from all over the world.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:

more days. Haven't been this excited since we stole Shaq away from Orlando. Can't for the Lukey Bunch to start a new dynasty.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject:

LIKE 1 DAY BRO
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
I CAN'T WAIT!!

Yep.

I caught Huertas' interview where he said their legs were basically dead after day one of training camp last season, while this year they are getting better quality practices and actually being taught things. I'm sure the same will be true for preseason.

The funny thing is that the bootcamp way of doing things is kind of a roundabout way to get guys to buy in to a certain degree or at least defer to authority. Luke looks like he got 100% buy-in just by walking through the door and being himself.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

I saw it was reported today that Harry Giles is having another minor surgery on his knee....I think it is like the 3rd in the last few years. Does he really need to play this year....I mean an injury prone 7 footer at the top of the draft...shouldn't we just send him a 76'ers jersey?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject:

TOMORROW.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I saw it was reported today that Harry Giles is having another minor surgery on his knee....I think it is like the 3rd in the last few years. Does he really need to play this year....I mean an injury prone 7 footer at the top of the draft...shouldn't we just send him a 76'ers jersey?

76ers are ready for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: