School Back in Session, So Know What That Means? School Shooting Season is Back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: School Back in Session, So Know What That Means? School Shooting Season is Back

Quote:
At least two people have been injured in a shooting at Alpine High School and the shooter is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson told reporters, according to multiple outlets.

Dodson told reporters the shooter was a female student, and one victim is a student who was shot in the lower extremities and is in the hospital in unknown condition.

A law enforcement officer was also injured by friendly fire during the incident, which began shortly before 9 a.m., ABC News reports. The officer was taken to the hospital.

Summers Over. Target Practice
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Your thread title is not funny neither is the link name.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A federal law enforcement officer who was responding to the incident was shot in the leg by another officer. The federal officer was transported to a hospital in Odessa, Texas.

The shooting prompted a lockdown at Alpine's three public schools, which were later evacuated.

Law enforcement officials were also dealing with a series of bomb threats made in the wake of the shooting. They said they don't believe there was a connection between the threats and the shooting at the high school.

Authorities said threats were phoned in to Sul Ross State University and an Alpine hospital. There was also a threat at a motel in Marathon, Texas, about 30 miles east of Alpine.

I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

So if the victim was shot in the lower extremities and the shooter was a female, do we assume she shot some dude in the nuts?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
So if the victim was shot in the lower extremities and the shooter was a female, do we assume she shot some dude in the nuts?

The victim was also female.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The victim was also female.

That is anti-climatic.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Authorities say they believe the teenage boy who was taken into custody following a shooting at the Townville Elementary School first fatally shot his father.

Capt. Garland Major told a news conference that the shooter used a handgun and that one of the students was shot in the leg and the other in the foot. He said a female teacher was shot in the shoulder during Wednesday's shooting at Townville Elementary.

Two children and an adult were injured Wednesday afternoon when a gunman opened fire at the elementary school in South Carolina, according to multiple reports

Round II School year 2016/17
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Teenage shooter taken into custody. What a shocker.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Teenage shooter taken into custody. What a shocker.

Shocker that he's a teen?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject:

There was another shooting at a South Carolina elementary school as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/us/south-carolina-elementary-school-shooting/
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A 14-year-old South Carolina boy was charged as juvenile with murder and attempted murder Friday, two days after he was accused of opening fire on a kindergarten class heading outside for recess.

The hearing did not address whether the prosecution will move to try the teen, whose name has not been released, as an adult. The boy's father, Jeffrey Osborne, 47, was found dead at around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday at his home, shortly before news of the shooting at Townville Elementary School surfaced.

The suspect's mother, Tiffney Osborne, cried throughout the hearing and declined to speak to the Independent Mail afterward. Her son, who was brought into the courtroom in a yellow jumpsuit and was wearing no restraints, showed no emotion and is being returned to a juvenile facility in Greenville, S.C.

Killer Charged in Juvenile Court
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The 14-year-old boy arrived at Sycamore Middle School Wednesday morning ready to carry out a deadly plan.

But there was one person he knew could talk him out of it, according to police. So after his first-period class at the school in Ashland, Tenn., he went to see her.
School counselor Molly Hudgens has been with Sycamore for almost 19 years. Sycamore Middle School website

Molly Hudgens, the school counselor, took the boy into her office and immediately sensed something was wrong. He asked some questions Hudgens found alarming and told the counselor he was having "issues," police said.

Do you have a gun? Hudgens asked.

Yes, he said, and showed her the loaded .45 caliber pistol tucked under his clothes. He told her he wanted to kill teachers and a police officer, The Tennessean reported.

Just hours later, on Wednesday afternoon, a different 14-year-old boy in South Carolina would open fire on an elementary school playground, injuring two children and an adult.

But Sycamore Middle School avoided such tragedy. After a 45-minute conversation in her office, Hudgens persuaded the teen to give up his gun, Cheatham County Sheriff Mike Breedlove said Wednesday

She did something even the most experienced law enforcement officer might not do, and refrained from shooting the teen. " Breedlove said. "Had she not been there, it could have been very different."

The boy, who has not been identified, was arrested and charged with possession of a weapon on school grounds and threatening employees. He is being held in a county jail pending his next hearing.

Disaster Averted
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Children of the Corn
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
A 14-year-old South Carolina boy was charged as juvenile with murder and attempted murder Friday, two days after he was accused of opening fire on a kindergarten class heading outside for recess.

The hearing did not address whether the prosecution will move to try the teen, whose name has not been released, as an adult. The boy's father, Jeffrey Osborne, 47, was found dead at around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday at his home, shortly before news of the shooting at Townville Elementary School surfaced.

The suspect's mother, Tiffney Osborne, cried throughout the hearing and declined to speak to the Independent Mail afterward. Her son, who was brought into the courtroom in a yellow jumpsuit and was wearing no restraints, showed no emotion and is being returned to a juvenile facility in Greenville, S.C.

Killer Charged in Juvenile Court

The little boy has died. Can we get this sociopath in grown-up court now??

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jacob-hall-6-dead-days-after-south-carolina-school-shooting/

Quote:
Last Updated Oct 1, 2016 4:34 PM EDT

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- A 6-year-old boy who was critically wounded in a school shooting died Saturday, days after a 14-year-old boy opened fire on a school playground, authorities said.

Jacob Hall had been fighting for his life at a hospital after a bullet struck him in a main artery in his leg, causing him a major brain injury due to the loss of blood. Jacob died about 1 p.m. Saturday, and an autopsy will be done Sunday, Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore said. The hospital will release more details about his death, the coroner said.

Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject:

That's so sad. His little body fought for a few days.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: