OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject:

rmonkey wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
he'll be in the 3 point contest soon. he's money.

And Skills challenge.

And the Swimsuit Competition.

I literally JUST watched that Pokemon episode....
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Ingram shoots over everyone:

My favorite clip from real training camp. Good luck blocking that shot.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

His smoothness is so much like George Gervin's.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

That's over 2 SGs, only one SF. https://twitter.com/dbishop1987/status/781958513106878464 Here he super bricks twice over someone his size, Randle.

Even NBA player Ryan Hollins on ESPN LA this summer said he should be better at shooting over people because he's so tall and long. I was going to make a video on all of the clips where he bricks badly over guys, here's a few

I'm just going to wait and pile up evidence over the season of this misnomer about his game - he's not good at shooting over guys, specifically on the deep perimeter - that's the biggest difference between him and Durant's game. It's the one of the biggest hesitation's for people to say he's going to be one of the leagues next great scorers.

I'm not going to harp on it every day, just compile the evidence and then release a vid.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

That's over 2 SGs, only one SF. https://twitter.com/dbishop1987/status/781958513106878464 Here he super bricks twice over someone his size, Randle.

Even NBA player Ryan Hollins on ESPN LA this summer said he should be better at shooting over people because he's so tall and long. I was going to make a video on all of the clips where he bricks badly over guys, here's a few

I'm just going to wait and pile up evidence over the season of this misnomer about his game - he's not good at shooting over guys, specifically on the deep perimeter - that's the biggest difference between him and Durant's game. It's the one of the biggest hesitation's for people to say he's going to be one of the leagues next great scorers.

I'm not going to harp on it every day, just compile the evidence and then release a vid.

Matching up against Deng should help
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Matching up against Deng should help

I think it's a mechanic issue, even GT said he releases outward and not 'up and over' / 'finishing high'. He can definitely fix it going forward, through the years. But I think it will take work and it's not just something he will iron out with repetition --- just how bad he bricked those shots is a real indicator of how far away he is from being that pull-up lethal scorer IMO.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Even though it's way too early to assess this, I think he'll get matched-up against some of the smaller guys first. Strength-wise, they have said he's not there yet. He's at the level where he can't finesse those kind of long shots. I do think the form looks good and it's something the coaching staff will probably work on through the season. I saw pretty good progress in his form during the summer league, which I can assume was the work of Theo and/or Jud. I expect similar results throughout the season -- he's a quick learner, but he'll have to build up strength.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Even though it's way too early to assess this, I think he'll get matched-up against some of the smaller guys first. Strength-wise, they have said he's not there yet. He's at the level where he can't finesse those kind of long shots. I do think the form looks good and it's something the coaching staff will probably work on through the season. I saw pretty good progress in his form during the summer league, which I can assume was the work of Theo and/or Jud. I expect similar results throughout the season -- he's a quick learner, but he'll have to build up strength.

Is it early too assess this? I mean, he showed a good amount of struggles with it in college. And on the other side of the coin, people are just saying he's good at shooting over people off-top. Way to early to determine if he'll be good at it in his prime and stuff, yea, i agree. I'm not writing him off, I think he can develop into a lethal scorer with deep pull-up Js over people as a part of that arsenal (as they commonly are for great scorers)

And I don't think the strength card is applicable here. Durant was shooting 30footers over dudes in college. Curry as well. There's a lot more to it, that's a small factor.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Ingram might win rookie of the year after all. Simmons broke his foot. It's all over twitter.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:
Ingram might win rookie of the year after all. Simmons broke his foot. It's all over twitter.

What a shame. Maybe it can be a blessing as far as working on his weaknesses.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:

I just heard, that really sucks. Philly finally looks like they are going to try to build something and then this happens. Hope it isn't too bad.

Ingram looks nice out there. I just saw a little bit of the Lakers camp thing and they showed him shooting over dudes and it was like all swishes.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Is it early too assess this? I mean, he showed a good amount of struggles with it in college. And on the other side of the coin, people are just saying he's good at shooting over people off-top. Way to early to determine if he'll be good at it in his prime and stuff, yea, i agree. I'm not writing him off, I think he can develop into a lethal scorer with deep pull-up Js over people as a part of that arsenal (as they commonly are for great scorers)

And I don't think the strength card is applicable here. Durant was shooting 30footers over dudes in college. Curry as well. There's a lot more to it, that's a small factor.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make -- are you trying to say because he struggled shooting over people in college at a certain range (30 feet) that he will struggle early on in the NBA? That's very likely to happen at first.

FWIW, Ingram didn't just shoot a better percentage from the three than Durant, but he was more efficient in isolation situations (see chart here: http://n2ps.storied.co/uploads/b10fda4b123c01fa0359068969fa75be.svg). I do think if they turn him into an isolation scorer at some point, he has the possibility to be just as good as Durant. A lot of that will likely be predicated on his length. I posted the footage because there probably isn't a single guard that can block his shot from the midrange when he rises up. Making them will require conditioning and strength.

Durant was also 225 pounds coming into the league. Ingram is 193 as of right now. That's a huge discrepancy in weight, if not possibly strength.

I also have pretty good faith that the coaching staff will sort it out. The progress we saw from Ingram's first SL game to the last was pretty remarkable. He stroke, from my assessment, was improved. I think he will show a very similar trajectory of improvement through the season.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad we are taking the slow and steady approach to Brandon's weight.

Quote:

Tim S. GroverVerified account
‏@ATTACKATHLETICS
Ben Simmons puts on 33 lbs, now a broken foot. Related? For sure. Athletes can't add that much weight that quickly w/out impacting movement.

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

‏@ATTACKATHLETICS
Ben Simmons puts on 33 lbs, now a broken foot. Related? For sure. Athletes can't add that much weight that quickly w/out impacting movement.

That's 100% on their training staff. Having a guy like grassfed Tim makes me confident that the Lakers chose the right people to nurture the youth. The slow and steady approach always works better than the fast one. Simmons would have excelled without the added weight anyways.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

‏@ATTACKATHLETICS

Why did they even ask him to add weight considering PGs don't need to be physical I know he can play multiple positions but this seems like a bad management by the Philly staff.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

‏@ATTACKATHLETICS

That's 100% on their training staff. Having a guy like grassfed Tim makes me confident that the Lakers chose the right people to nurture the youth. The slow and steady approach always works better than the fast one. Simmons would have excelled without the added weight anyways.

Word. Our coach is just so much more advanced than theirs
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

‏@ATTACKATHLETICS

Why did they even ask him to add weight considering PGs don't need to be physical I know he can play multiple positions but this seems like a bad management by the Philly staff.

From the expert himself:

Quote:
Tim S. Grover ‏@ATTACKATHLETICS 21m21 minutes ago

PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

0% chance he added 33 pounds who ever made that report was full of it
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Do other people call him Grassfed Tim or is that just a lakersground thing? That's the only way I'll be able to think about him the rest of his lakers career.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Do other people call him Grassfed Tim or is that just a lakersground thing? That's the only way I'll be able to think about him the rest of his lakers career.

It's not an LG thing.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/130712grassfed_timdifrancesco
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

He probably didn't do that number because I saw 30 pounds elsewhere but I'm sure he did try quick weight gain and now its backfiring.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject:

33 pounds? What the hell!?

Ben was already around 245 or 250 coming in the draft. Why would they have him add even more weight? Who the heck is training him l?
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17680022/philadelphia-76ers-forward-ben-simmons-fractures-bone-foot

On Monday, Simmons spoke with reporters at 76ers media day about his new strength regimen that saw him gain around 33 pounds since leaving LSU.

"I'm a lot stronger [now]," said Simmons, who was listed at 240 pounds while at LSU but said Monday that he weighed 217 before the June 23 draft
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17680022/philadelphia-76ers-forward-ben-simmons-fractures-bone-foot

On Monday, Simmons spoke with reporters at 76ers media day about his new strength regimen that saw him gain around 33 pounds since leaving LSU.

"I'm a lot stronger [now]," said Simmons, who was listed at 240 pounds while at LSU but said Monday that he weighed 217 before the June 23 draft

and then he fractured his foot today. Lakers dodged that bullet. BI should slow down with the weight gain.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

How the hell do you physically gain 23 pounds in 3 months? That's got to be 60-70% fat, no?

Maybe someone who just started lifting might gain 15-20 lbs of lean muscle mass in 3 months, but for someone who already was fairly muscular like Simmons?

Jeez.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 120 of 1885
Jump to: