New era, new jerseys (Please read Jeanie Buss)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
I actually tend to agree with that. Gives the franchise a huge breath of fresh air. Something the new coaching hire will go a LONG way towards doing too IMO. Along with the new practice facility

Yup it would be a breathe of fresh air. I like those jerseys, they're not modern which i usually prefer - but our jerseys now aren't new or innovative, I'm kind of tired of them. Might as well switch it up!

To quote Magic, "People need to know about dis!"

hahahahahhhahahhahahaha. OUTTA SIGHT!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

With the Luke announced as HC, the new era is upon us
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject:

DO IT JEANNIE. Gotta capitalize when there is so much rejuvenation in the franchise.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

I think this is gonna happen next year when we move into the new practice facility
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New era, new jerseys (Please read Jeanie Buss)

Andre2K wrote:
22 wrote:
It's the lowest point of the offseason and we're all bored as heck. Let's debate something meaningless lol.

Next year, if KB hangs 'em up at the end of this season, I think the Lakers should get a redesign on their jerseys. Something similar or even exactly the same as this would be nice:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Zd2pUfAgv_Y/UgHQ00cjKdI/AAAAAAAAAbU/91iRJUWhB9M/s1600/_DSC2761.jpg

http://www.sportsjerseypedia.com/pictures/Los-Angeles-Lakers-2011-2013-Hardwood-Classic-Jersey-uniform.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/541590/Kobe_1971-72_uniforms__Jeff_Gross_-_Getty_Images_.jpg

Remember how we got new jerseys when we moved into Staples? Same idea here. New era, new jerseys.

Actually we don't need to go back to those but we need something new. Newly designed uniforms, we need to redesign our logo even. We should usher in the new era with a new coach, freshly designed uniforms and a redesigned logo, that would be dope

No.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject:

i think the fans would love to go retro on the jerseys, i very much doubt it would happen. if anything, they are going to go way different, sleeves and all. no way they go back to that. last time they tried it was a disaster, lol!

of all the things they've tried in the past, the black jerseys and powder blue ones met with the most favor, and I like them as well. well see, but i think they are going to go with tees.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I love the old jerseys but would rather they come up with a new design. Every era had their own distinctive jerseys. This era should have their own as well.

That's not actually true. There were slight changes over the course of the Lakers' stay at the Forum - like straightening the "Lakers" mark on the chest, switching from white to purple numbers and slightly tweaking the number font - but you'd have to be a real uniform nerd (guilty) to even notice.

The uniform Jerry West wore was pretty similar to the one Shaq and Kobe wore into 1999. Same cut, same font for the NOB and the team name, same dropshadow on the numbers, etc.

FWIW, even the jersey they wore at the sports arena is very similar to the Forum uniform. Same cut, same numeral font and drop shadow, same font for the NOB. The only difference is the switch to purple and gold and the change to "Lakers" on the chest.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject:

laker42fan wrote:
It's sad that people here don't like the white jersey. That just shows that the young fellas don't know Laker history! Go do your research and then rethink your comment....

Actually some of us pre-date the white jerseys, FYI. I know they stand for Chick Hearn but I think there's a better way to honor him than making the Lakers less unique.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject:

The white jerseys have been a Sunday tradition. I'd didn't like them at first, but I've come around. It's those stinky Hollywood Nights jerseys that need to be tossed.

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
The white jerseys have been a Sunday tradition. I'd like them at first, but I've come around. It's those stinky Hollywood Nights jerseys that need to be tossed.

Watch yo' mouth! lol... I know I'm in the minority, but the Hollywood Nights with the sleeves are my favorite! I always have to restart my game on 2K if I forget to change into that jersey!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
The white jerseys have been a Sunday tradition. I'd like them at first, but I've come around. It's those stinky Hollywood Nights jerseys that need to be tossed.

Watch yo' mouth! lol... I know I'm in the minority, but the Hollywood Nights with the sleeves are my favorite! I always have to restart my game on 2K if I forget to change into that jersey!
i hated those at first but now they're my favorite too

I'd like to see a return to the white font with the purple shadow/outline and the crew neck jerseys
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject:

The white jerseys are so boring. Also, that horrible L logo needs to go from the shorts.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Well this is DEF happening now for next season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

My friend picked up a Lonzo jersey this morning. Here's some quick feedback:

- They don't have the stupid wish patch
- They're form fitting like a dry-fit shirt. You'll likely need to go a size larger if you like loose fitting clothes.

I tweeted the pics he sent me here: https://twitter.com/jACEsonGrubbs/status/913776967098417153
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

- They're form fitting like a dry-fit shirt. You'll likely need to go a size larger if you like loose fitting clothes.

I tweeted the pics he sent me here: https://twitter.com/jACEsonGrubbs/status/913776967098417153

thanks for the info on the fit, these really are made for athletes and not the average out of shape fan lol
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

I wish they would sell them with the Gold 16x tag on the back
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

They finally updated the store after trying to unload the adidas gear for months.

It's disappointing how much "L" logo merchandise they're putting out now. Curse on the person who came up with the single-letter alternate logo concept for NBA teams.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

Was just browsing through the NBA store to see other team's new jerseys. Only rookie jerseys released so far are Lonzo, JJ, and Tatum and the jerseys are the cheap replica versions. Nothing for #1 pick Fultz.

Bulls are so excited for their team, the featured jersey is "00-Your Name Here"
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Was just browsing through the NBA store to see other team's new jerseys. Only rookie jerseys released so far are Lonzo, JJ, and Tatum and the jerseys are the cheap replica versions. Nothing for #1 pick Fultz.

Go to LakersStore.com they have Randle, Ingram and Lonzo
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Go to LakersStore.com they have Randle, Ingram and Lonzo

Thanks. Was just about to post that after browsing there.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

the collar looks terrible and nothing like the real thing. i was hoping nike would go back to the stitched letters and numbers on the swingmans. authentics are too expensive to bother. whatever.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

Non-stitched numbers and letters suck.
And I can't see a reason why they took the white frame around the name.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

How does that NikeConnect thing work?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

thanks for the info on the fit, these really are made for athletes and not the average out of shape fan lol

Exactly!

numero-ocho wrote:

They finally updated the store after trying to unload the adidas gear for months.

It's disappointing how much "L" logo merchandise they're putting out now. Curse on the person who came up with the single-letter alternate logo concept for NBA teams.

Yup. They had to keep marking stuff down to get rid of it all lol

kobe_4_mvp wrote:

the collar looks terrible and nothing like the real thing. i was hoping nike would go back to the stitched letters and numbers on the swingmans. authentics are too expensive to bother. whatever.

Agreed and I wonder if the authentics have the wish patch?

danzag wrote:
Non-stitched numbers and letters suck.
And I can't see a reason why they took the white frame around the name.

This has been bothering me too and I can't think of a reason other than they just wanted it to be different somehow. Makes it look mismatch
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

i added one to cart from the lakers store to see how much they charge for shipping and they give an option to add a wish patch for $0.00 lol. they should be giving a discount for adding it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: