The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 663, 664, 665 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
Super stoked to see what Ju got in store.. he put up 11 10 last year with no jumper and really just going all left... with an improved jumper, right hand and the fact he now plays in a system that will favor his skill set, i see 17 10 easily

lol come on guys
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Watching the scrimmage today, Jules still drifts on his midrange when he's in traffic which is a bad habit. He looks way better when he goes straight up.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Watching the scrimmage today, Jules still drifts on his midrange when he's in traffic which is a bad habit. He looks way better when he goes straight up.

where is this footage? haven't seen any scrimmage footage, drills I've seen, but no midrange.

edit: just found a 10 second clip of the scrimmage, not the play you're reffering to, but I guess the footage is out there.
how you aint share it here!!!
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject:

People are not sharing scrimmage clips? smh can we get a link?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject:

Oh maybe @laker'sfan was there?? man, we need clips or a review dawg. lol
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
DA1 wrote:
Super stoked to see what Ju got in store.. he put up 11 10 last year with no jumper and really just going all left... with an improved jumper, right hand and the fact he now plays in a system that will favor his skill set, i see 17 10 easily

lol come on guys

my optimism is always beyond high in the offseason lmao.. let me live happily in my delusion before reality hits like a ton of bricks (just like what Ju's jumper still may be this season) lol
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
DA1 wrote:

lol come on guys

my optimism is always beyond high in the offseason lmao.. let me live happily in my delusion before reality hits like a ton of bricks (just like what Ju's jumper still may be this season) lol
he can do 17/10 in his sleep. I think he gets a lot of second unit run and will primary go to guy. He will star but I think our 1A line up will be Dlo, jc, deng, nance, moz maybe Tariq
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject:

17/10 for Jules will be tough b/c we have so many positional battles/minutes crunch at the position.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Roon wrote:
twisted wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
Much longer look at him shooting, about 3 minutes of him putting up 3s

I think he went 38/51 in this clip

Not bad, but there is still a lot of room for improvement for sure

I dont think 38/51 is accurate. The close up view of him shooting is a repeat loop of the earlier part of his shooting drills.

Good to know he's practicing his range, but atm not too overly impressed. His release is slow and methodical, and when he rushes, which he usually does in actual games, he tends to miss

He doesn't need to have a quick release, or even take or make many shots. All he needs is for his defenders to respect the shot, and not just allow him to take it.

The point of a jump shot, for Julius and most big men, isn't for them to take a bunch of shots, it's so they can spread the defense. Julius should only really be shooting a jumper if he's wide open. If not, then it's a success, because the threat of the shot is worth more than the actual shot.

It's the implication of having a jumpshot, that's so important.

Very well said. The same reason that Yi is still valuable despite having a slow release & only being a so-so shooter.

I'm totally fine w/a slow release from Randle. If a defending big is close enough to bother his shot, he should blow by them.

Oh I most def agree with all that. But I have high hopes for Jules to be comfortable with that 3 as he is with driving some day. Rather than a threat but an actual go-to weapon like Dray's
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Breh, if you got access to a scrimmage the rest of us ain't seen you better provide a link so we can come up on that real quick. Or you bout to get an eye jammy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
Much longer look at him shooting, about 3 minutes of him putting up 3s

I think he went 38/51 in this clip

Not bad, but there is still a lot of room for improvement for sure

I dont think 38/51 is accurate. The close up view of him shooting is a repeat loop of the earlier part of his shooting drills.

Good to know he's practicing his range, but atm not too overly impressed. His release is slow and methodical, and when he rushes, which he usually does in actual games, he tends to miss

Then what is accurate? How many shots did he make?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
17/10 for Jules will be tough b/c we have so many positional battles/minutes crunch at the position.

He and Nance will likely split most of the PF minutes and we will probably see Randle getting some center minutes. He should be getting 34-35 mpg.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Breh, if you got access to a scrimmage the rest of us ain't seen you better provide a link so we can come up on that real quick. Or you bout to get an eye jammy!

http://i44.tinypic.com/1249753.gif
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He and Nance will likely split most of the PF minutes and we will probably see Randle getting some center minutes. He should be getting 34-35 mpg.

34-35mpg?

We have 5 centers too, and possibly Deng playing small ball PF (so Ingram can get at least 28 mpg).

Good problems to have.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject:

I doubt we see Deng playing much at PF, and I think some of our centers will see time every 4 or 5 games. The guys we want to develop, DLO, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance and Randle will get consistent minutes. If some of the others earn consistent minutes then we will be much better than I thought.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

http://i44.tinypic.com/1249753.gif

EXACTLY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I doubt we see Deng playing much at PF, and I think some of our centers will see time every 4 or 5 games. The guys we want to develop, DLO, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance and Randle will get consistent minutes. If some of the others earn consistent minutes then we will be much better than I thought.

I still don't understand why you think Deng won't play any minutes at PF. As he ages, that is where he will naturally retain some advantages.

I think DLO/JC will certainly get 32mpg+ as there is less of a minutes crunch at their relative positions.

Ingram I think will be in the 26-28mpg range.

The PF spot will be up for grabs, though I think Randle starts and gets the majority of the minutes.

Maybe:

PF: Randle (28) Nance (16) Deng (4)
C: Moz (24) Black/Yi (16) Nance/Randle (8)

If you break down the minutes, I think it's hard to see how any of the big men will play 34-35mpg.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed there will be a battle for minutes. But if he can even just use his right hand some of the time, he can get those 17 PPG with the same number or less shots than he got last season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

They found this y'all

AFireInside619 wrote:
Found this YouTube video by accident while looking up videos the rookie talent show. It's from a UCSB student who got a wristband to attend the scrimmage/talent show. You can skip over the part where she's lusting over Kyrie, DLO, and some of the young Lakers. I didn't see any other scrimmage videos, so this will have to do for now.

https://youtu.be/pt70R8oVwJI
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
They found this y'all

AFireInside619 wrote:
Found this YouTube video by accident while looking up videos the rookie talent show. It's from a UCSB student who got a wristband to attend the scrimmage/talent show. You can skip over the part where she's lusting over Kyrie, DLO, and some of the young Lakers. I didn't see any other scrimmage videos, so this will have to do for now.

why I gotta be in class right now smh
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
They found this y'all

AFireInside619 wrote:

You're not missing much anph. Julius missed a step back wide right. DLO missed a 3. DLO hit JC on a cut for a layup. JC lost the ball (I think Jules should have cut to the corner instead of the block because it brought his defender over. Although he was being guarded by Lou Will so he was probably trying to take advantage of the mismatch.)
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
They found this y'all

AFireInside619 wrote:

You're not missing much anph. Julius missed a step back wide right. DLO missed a 3. DLO hit JC on a cut for a layup. JC lost the ball (I think Jules should have cut to the corner instead of the block because it brought his defender over. Although he was being guarded by Lou Will so he was probably trying to take advantage of the mismatch.)

Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
They found this y'all

AFireInside619 wrote:

Lol. That Chick was like "dangelo. he can get it." Haha
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DA1 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
DA1 wrote:

lol come on guys

he can do 17/10 in his sleep. I think he gets a lot of second unit run and will primary go to guy. He will star but I think our 1A line up will be Dlo, jc, deng, nance, moz maybe Tariq

He's not going to sniff 17 points. Yes he scored 11 points last season and he looks to be much improved. However, his efficiency was downright abysmal. For him to get up to 17 is doable but that means his efficiency would stay horrible.

It's more likely he stays around 11-14 but we see a big boost in his efficiency.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DA1 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
DA1 wrote:

lol come on guys

He's not going to sniff 17 points. Yes he scored 11 points last season and he looks to be much improved. However, his efficiency was downright abysmal. For him to get up to 17 is doable but that means his efficiency would stay horrible.

It's more likely he stays around 11-14 but we see a big boost in his efficiency.

I actually think it depends a lot on the simple things: playing time and opportunity (FGA). If his play warrants 32 - 36 MPG and 12 - 14 FGA per game, I could see him landing around 15 - 18 PPG. I have many serious concerns re: this guy, but I don't think 17 PPG is an impossibility this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 663, 664, 665 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 664 of 1536
Jump to: