Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Iconic wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
clarkson and Dlo stunk up the joint tonight...no good out of this game out rebounded, lillard lit up our guards, our youngins lost to 3rd stringers

The two defensive stops, one at the end of the game and one at the end of OT to give us a chance were no good? You don't know what you are looking at.

Lillard did pretty much school D-Lo though, he was getting anywhere he wanted
He does that to a lot of guards. It happens. ,

Lillard deserves credit, but D-LO just had a shudder game.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
clarkson and Dlo stunk up the joint tonight...no good out of this game out rebounded, lillard lit up our guards, our youngins lost to 3rd stringers

The two defensive stops, one at the end of the game and one at the end of OT to give us a chance were no good? You don't know what you are looking at.

Right? I mean, yeah. It sucks to take the L. It never feels good to lose, even if it's just preseason. But even if they had managed to string together a few more stops and a few more buckets to pull this one out, it wouldn't have changed anything big picture wise.

Big picture wise, this game increased my optimism a great deal. The defense has been extremely impressive. Had this been a regular season game last year, it would've been their best defensive game all season. No question about it.

What's more, this is still the very beginning of the season. There's no set starting lineup yet, no set rotation, and very little of the offense has been installed. And yet, look at how well they're playing. They're actually playing with competence and you can clearly see the growth game to game. It's super encouraging. Luke has them on the right track without a doubt.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Luke saying the right things. I'm satisfied
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Biggest take away from this game: Lakers held their own against a playoff team in the west. I was surprised it wasn't a blow out tbh.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Clarkson was consistent throughout the game. Russell struggled big time.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Funny how Bill Mac has been programmed by Stu to self-correct all his statements a second after he says them.

lmbooooo!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Biggest take away from this game: Lakers held their own against a playoff team in the west. I was surprised it wasn't a blow out tbh.

And we had Young and Yi at the end with Deng out. A very good night for the Lakers and there steps towards being a good team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I know Lillard and cj weren't out there but really stopping 3rd stringers is what we should be proud of? My bad bro ur right

Yeah, we should be. We couldn't do it last season.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Clarkson was consistent throughout the game. Russell struggled big time.

Bull. JC and D-Lo sucked it up down the stretch against the Blazers scrubs man. Stop it.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I know Lillard and cj weren't out there but really stopping 3rd stringers is what we should be proud of? My bad bro ur right

First of all, Mr. cKPayasoLoco, that's why you aren't coaching. It's mind-boggling that you're willing to completely ignore how well they played throughout the game just because they couldn't close it out at the end. Just amazing. Did you exist last season? Did you not see how awful they were and how drastically better they are already on both ends? Smh. I'm glad you aren't coaching because your team would quit on you at halftime, even if they had a 30 point lead. Get out of your feelings. You sound straight up lost.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Cox cable with their (bleep) "Autoextend" feature that's supposed to automatically record OTs. Cut off the second half of the OT. (bleep) you Cox. At least I found out it's useless before the season started.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers hung with Portland for 90% of four quarters. They fell apart after that and through OT. They have some things to work on, clearly still learning an offense, but tonight should still be an encouraging game because they never lost ground while Lillard was heating up. Last year, the team would have fallen behind by 20 in the 3rd. I think they took a couple steps backwards with the off-ball movement on O at times tonight, but it's fixable.

General observations: Yi's not cutting it but he'll make the squad, Luke's encouraging his players to shoot through rough shooting nights as long as their looks are good which is GREAT, Ingram is far away, and

Lou can't start anymore
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Luke's post game interviews are so different from Byron's.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Carl's Jr. needs to kill that Todd Girley commercial. Or at least edit out the incredibly annoying agent character. Good god.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Luke's post game interviews are so different from Byron's.

Byron is that father with children that just won't listen no matter how many times he has to remind them. He'll talk about taking away allowances or assign more chores if things don't change around the house. Always threatening, always blaming... That's pretty much BS's post game interviews.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

It was an L, but we well fought game. if only DLO passed the rock. he was off all night, should have been passing to Young/Clarkson/Lou... But it was a good game. I take this effort any day. DLO needs to man up on D. He was torched all night!!!!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
(bleep) Cox cable with their (bleep) "Autoextend" feature that's supposed to automatically record OTs. Cut off the second half of the OT. (bleep) you Cox. At least I found out it's useless before the season started.

Le frustrating. But yeah, good you found out before a real game.

mhan00 wrote:
Carl's Jr. needs to kill that Todd Girley commercial. Or at least edit out the incredibly annoying agent character. Good god.

! You were on fire last night apparently. I've been crying about that commercial since last Playoffs. I hate it. Lol

Anyway I fell asleep in the 4th so I missed seeing how we lost but I thought we had a solid game. We would have been slapped senseless last year so this felt like progress to me.

LakersMDGurl wrote:
It was an L, but we well fought game. if only DLO passed the rock. he was off all night, should have been passing to Young/Clarkson/Lou... But it was a good game. I take this effort any day. DLO needs to man up on D. He was torched all night!!!!!

Well in fairness this was Dame Lillard, not whoever guy on the Kings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57
Jump to: