Lakers Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Last I checked, we were 18th in defense (and 13th in offense) so far in preseason. If we can get to that level for the season we will smash the wins predictions.

I'm not sure that'll transfer to the regular season. I hope it does, but I'm a little wary about how bad our starters have done against other starting lineups (in terms of +/-).
That's revealing because coaches haven't really been using regular season rotations against us for most of our preseason games.

And we haven't exactly been using our top lineup combos big minutes together either.

True that. There's alot of uncertainty on both sides.
Don't get me wrong, we look alot better than last year.
I'm just not sure how many wins that will translate to. Gotta see what things look like when coaches start going for wins.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Last I checked, we were 18th in defense (and 13th in offense) so far in preseason. If we can get to that level for the season we will smash the wins predictions.

I'm not sure that'll transfer to the regular season. I hope it does, but I'm a little wary about how bad our starters have done against other starting lineups (in terms of +/-).
That's revealing because coaches haven't really been using regular season rotations against us for most of our preseason games.

And we haven't exactly been using our top lineup combos big minutes together either.

True that. There's alot of uncertainty on both sides.
Don't get me wrong, we look alot better than last year.
I'm just not sure how many wins that will translate to. Gotta see what things look like when coaches start going for wins.

Absolutely. But just having a quaity scheme and buy in will move you up the ranks, and guys like Deng, Mosgov, and Ingram will add defensive value in key spots, as will the physical, mental, and experiential maturation of guys like DLo and Clarkson and Randle and Nance.

You don't have to have elite defenders all over the place, or at all really, in order to have a credible, average NBA defense. The Lakers have a lot of inexperience, so hitting average would shock me, but a range of low twenties to even high teens is not out of bounds IMO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: