2017 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject:

I think we at least need another arm for the top end of our rotation, some bats that can hit against lefties, and to retain Jansen & Turner.

Regarding Puig, personally I think his rookie form was an aberration, I don't think that form was indicative of who he actually is. His arm and athleticism, mixed with occasional power make him pretty good value for his contract though, would be no question of his value at all if his behaviour was better though.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
rwongega wrote:
This FO will:

Re-sign Hill to a 6 year $61 million deal

Trade for Greinke by including Urias and DeLeon as well as sign Tim Lincecum...oh no wait, that's dumbass Kobe-ReLoaded's idea.

Re-sign Brett Anderson to same deal as Brandon McCarthy so they can spend time together on the DL.

Sign Jeremy Hellickson to a 6 year $130 million deal.

Re-sign Joe Blanton, Jesse Chavez, and Josh Reddick to long term deals

Sign Andrew Bailey to replace Kenley Jansen, Eric O'Flaherty because we need a lefty ex-NL East pitcher. (bonus played for Oakland!), James Russell to be our next Joe Blanton.

Since this team needs more outfielders and a left handed bat, signs Matt Joyce to 3 year deal.

As Justin Turner was a Colletti signing, don't bother negotiating and replace him with a cheaper Kelly Johnson who is a former Ray in true Moneyball fashion.

Continue finding ways to dump Roberts and elevate Gabe Kepler.

While I kid, the scary thing is this is actually a potential scenario (minus the Urias case because only a moron would actually do that).

Really though, I'd ask for this FO to be castrated but they have no balls.

How about we leave out the personal attacks?

rwongega may have been a little harsh, but Kobe-ReLoaded had literally the worst trade proposal of all time last year and he continually brought it up. It was the equivalent of trading 2005 Kobe (and prospects) for a 1980's former all-star. It made Pedro for Delino DeShields look like a good deal. He deserves the ridicule.

We'll try to keep this thread clear of personal attacks though boss. BTW thank you for killing the trolls in the 2016 thread in the last couple days. Appreciate it.

Let's clarify. Somehow my proposal of Urias (and low tier prospects) for Hamels morphed into Urias, Seager, and DeLeon courtesy of rwongega. Give me a break, that was what was asked by the Phillies GM Amaro.

My premise for the trade has always been Hamels is still a top tier pitcher and one that was locked up for 4-5 more years at an avg of $23M.

Nevertheless seeing as that was the actual demand out there, you continue to annoyingly lament not trading Urias for a scenario that was never on the table and would never be considered by either party. And as DuncanIdaho stated, Urias alone would've been too much anyways, something only you don't seem to understand. Let's face it, you're the one everyone on forum knows who loves to gloat about being this forum's Miss Cleo but won't own up to the many failures. That just makes you look like an ass which you clearly are. Honestly, CC the troll has been more tolerable to me because he's actually had some genuine interest in learning the game in between the trolling (and he wasn't that new troll account that was made). I respect that the mods have a job to do (I'd imagine unfortunately for them) but I have no problem calling a spade a spade.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB

Last edited by rwongega on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
I'd like to see us bring back AJ as Kershaw's personal catcher, like Ross catches every Lester start.

I would hope so. Ruiz did well for us but he neither has the chemistry with our pitchers nor the age to make it worth keeping him. At least with AJ, he actually performs in the playoffs and keeps Kershaw happy.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
I think we at least need another arm for the top end of our rotation, some bats that can hit against lefties, and to retain Jansen & Turner.

Regarding Puig, personally I think his rookie form was an aberration, I don't think that form was indicative of who he actually is. His arm and athleticism, mixed with occasional power make him pretty good value for his contract though, would be no question of his value at all if his behaviour was better though.

The .290 30HR potential is still there IMO. But he's just waffling between too gun-shy or too foolhardy at the plate. He just needs to find that middle ground. It seems his demotion may have affected him at least in terms of behavior. It's just mental for him and if Josh Hamilton can have that light go on so late in his career, there's no reason Puig can't either. Toles did well in limited work but it remains to be seen if this year's mini breakout can last (especially after poor fielding last few games). Reddick should be on his way out. Joc is too feast or famine.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Let's clarify. Somehow my proposal of Urias (and low tier prospects) for Hamels morphed into Urias, Seager, and DeLeon courtesy of rwongega. Give me a break, that was what was asked by the Phillies GM Amaro.

My premise for the trade has always been Hamels is still a top tier pitcher and one that was locked up for 4-5 more years at an avg of $23M.

I don't keep track of all the going-ons around this forum, but are you the one that keeps touting how you said Damian Lillard would be a star?
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Moses wrote:

The .290 30HR potential is still there IMO. But he's just waffling between too gun-shy or too foolhardy at the plate. He just needs to find that middle ground. It seems his demotion may have affected him at least in terms of behavior. It's just mental for him and if Josh Hamilton can have that light go on so late in his career, there's no reason Puig can't either. Toles did well in limited work but it remains to be seen if this year's mini breakout can last (especially after poor fielding last few games). Reddick should be on his way out. Joc is too feast or famine.

I'd hate for us to give him away like we did Beltre. Premature move (I know Beltre had a career year in his last season in blue at age 25) to simply give Puig away when his best years are ahead of him. Give him a chance under his new management regime, and he'll hopefully mature into a consistent disciplined hitter.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers are at a crossroads, and unfortunately the cheapskate signings that they've made the last few years with the management has come back to haunt them. All of the starting pitchers they've signed warranted at best a "meh" response. All these years later and it's still Kershaw and the merry band of minimums... except they get paid way too much money for so little performance.

They need right-handed power, solid starting pitching, and some reliable bullpen arms. They need to upgrade the athleticism in the field and for goodness sakes, do something about the defense! The last 3 games was clown college material out there. I think the team would benefit from some guys with playoff reputations of being bulldogs. You've seen how John Lackey has always been a great competitor, and he's transformed himself with adding more velocity on his breaking pitches.

I'm curious to see which of the prospects will step up for next season. Jose DeLeon should be one of them. I feel the development of Cody Bellinger will be important since he's the only legit first base prospect. Verdugo is another one. It's a shame that Willie Calhoun will not be a good defensive player at second base, but he'll be a guy that I feel will be an important bat off the bench for the team. Barnes hopefully can take over as the utility man that Kike failed at this season.

Dodgers have a lot of lefties in their system and their team. Such a far cry from the days when quality lefties were rare.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers need to assemble a roster so Kershaw can get a ring at some point in his career. I know he's loyal to the organization but I can see a point in his career where he would be open to be traded to a contender that can actually advance to the World Series.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Moses wrote:

I'd hate for us to give him away like we did Beltre. Premature move (I know Beltre had a career year in his last season in blue at age 25) to simply give Puig away when his best years are ahead of him. Give him a chance under his new management regime, and he'll hopefully mature into a consistent disciplined hitter.

If I recall, Scott Boras played a huge role as well in Beltre leaving. Something about that snake Boras not presenting the Dodgers' last offer to Beltre who was wavering about signing with Seattle because the Mariners' deal was the biggest. That was the rumor anyways and the comments from DePodesta that everything was above-board was just to present a public image for Boras since they still had to deal with him.
The Brain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Moses wrote:

If I recall, Scott Boras played a huge role as well in Beltre leaving. Something about that snake Boras not presenting the Dodgers' last offer to Beltre who was wavering about signing with Seattle because the Mariners' deal was the biggest. That was the rumor anyways and the comments from DePodesta that everything was above-board was just to present a public image for Boras since they still had to deal with him.

Blaming the agent is like blaming a man's wife. Beltre situation still bothers me. I wish Beltre had the balls to make his own decision.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject:

Roberts was a near perfect hire.

That's something to build on. This team had no business getting as far as they did, let alone making the postseason after Kershaw went down. In recent playoff series, the Dodgers had 2 reliable pitchers in the playoffs. This year they were down to one. Here's hoping they can pull the right strings and Urias can take that next step.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

On the 2016 thread..

ribeye wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
The final tally on the Dodger's trade deadline has basically resulted in the loss of 3 good prospects, although I don't mind if they re-sign Rich Hill to a one-year deal.

I don't get the management's thinking. They're not willing to give up draft pick compensation to sign known guys like Cueto, knowing that they can receive a draft pick if he opts out later and signs elsewhere, but they're willing to trade 3 guys that they've spent years developing for 2 guys that can walk for nothing in return? Do they value draft picks over guys closer to the majors? They didn't do a good job of timing the markets. Hopefully this is a lesson for them and they work to improve (but not this offseason since the free-agents list sucks).

I expect them to make Hill a qualifying offer (anticipated to be ~$16.7M).

I don't think we can make either Hill or Reddick a QA, can we? I thought that changed and they had to be on the team all year in order to.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

That's something to build on. This team had no business getting as far as they did, let alone making the postseason after Kershaw went down. In recent playoff series, the Dodgers had 2 reliable pitchers in the playoffs. This year they were down to one. Here's hoping they can pull the right strings and Urias can take that next step.

A move thanks to Kasten. Thankfully, didn't go with the sabermoron's yes man Kepler.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

A move thanks to Kasten. Thankfully, didn't go with the sabermoron's yes man Kepler.

I hear you. The pitching moves and lack thereof have been cause for far more concern than has been expressed anywhere outside of this thread. But, at the very least, we know we have a coach that's going to maximize the roster he's given. We can only pray that the FO nets a gem simply because they're due.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
On the 2016 thread..

ribeye wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
The final tally on the Dodger's trade deadline has basically resulted in the loss of 3 good prospects, although I don't mind if they re-sign Rich Hill to a one-year deal.

I don't get the management's thinking. They're not willing to give up draft pick compensation to sign known guys like Cueto, knowing that they can receive a draft pick if he opts out later and signs elsewhere, but they're willing to trade 3 guys that they've spent years developing for 2 guys that can walk for nothing in return? Do they value draft picks over guys closer to the majors? They didn't do a good job of timing the markets. Hopefully this is a lesson for them and they work to improve (but not this offseason since the free-agents list sucks).

I expect them to make Hill a qualifying offer (anticipated to be ~$16.7M).

I don't think we can make either Hill or Reddick a QA, can we? I thought that changed and they had to be on the team all year in order to.

You are correct. You can no longer offer QO's to players that you traded for in the last year of their deal.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Might be getting Braun this offseason.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

I don't keep track of all the going-ons around this forum, but are you the one that keeps touting how you said Damian Lillard would be a star?

That was the tip of the iceberg.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

While that might be nice, I'm wary of his roid history and age (he's been injured pretty often in his later years). He's gone from a very good fielder to about an average one. Certainly not going to hit 30 HR's switching from Miller Park to Dodger Stadium.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:

I would be happy if we can keep our current team intact to give them another shot next year. I thought the team chemistry was really good and that is what helped this team get as far as they did. I believe another season under belt and they will be contenders.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

Utley can go. If we re-sign Turner and acquire Longoria, I'd move Justin to second. We need another all-star outfielder; either acquire Cespedes via free agency or trade for Stanton. Starting pitching is at a premium this offseason, so either sign Hill again (meh) or hopefully if Otani becomes available, go hard after him. I think starting rotation will be ok with a mix of Kershaw, Hill (or another pitcher acquired via trade), Otani, Maeda, and Urias. Bullpen needs some tweaking with proven arms that have done well in the postseason.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Utley can go. If we re-sign Turner and acquire Longoria, I'd move Justin to second. We need another all-star outfielder; either acquire Cespedes via free agency or trade for Stanton. Starting pitching is at a premium this offseason, so either sign Hill again (meh) or hopefully if Otani becomes available, go hard after him. I think starting rotation will be ok with a mix of Kershaw, Hill (or another pitcher acquired via trade), Otani, Maeda, and Urias. Bullpen needs some tweaking with proven arms that have done well in the postseason.

Trade for Stanton? That would cost a fortune, even though he's incredible, it'd cost us the farm and then some.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Snipes wrote:

While that might be nice, I'm wary of his roid history and age (he's been injured pretty often in his later years). He's gone from a very good fielder to about an average one. Certainly not going to hit 30 HR's switching from Miller Park to Dodger Stadium.

Yeah, I'd hope that ship would have sailed on by.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

I can't find myself rooting for a piece of $%@$# like Braun, tarnishing a guy's reputation and trying to get others to think he's an anti-Semite. Braun has no integrity.

It's amazing looking through the thread so far and seeing so much flotsam on the team. The worst part is all of these moves could've been avoided and were seen a mile away from practically everyone. Now the team is still saddled with too many big contracts, still need to re-sign key players that were actual contributors, and little in the way of free-agents. The front office will have to be very creative to alleviate the team's weaknesses, most of which were created by themselves.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

Whatever we have to do to get Otani we must and I'd like to see us get some decent RH bats.

Also Yoenis Cespedes anyone?

Otani
Cespedes

Would make me really happy.

Of course we need to keep Turner and Kenley.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Well he's one of the best vs lefties and it would be a Puig swap. Not sure if I'm a fan either but the move may take place so prepare yourself.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 2 of 342
Jump to: