Randle
Deng
Calderon
Russell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Go Lakers!!! LOCK THEM UP!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Starting lineup for opening night should be:
(if Mozgov is still injured)

Black
Randle
Deng
Calderon
Russell

There is no way you start Calderon. Either or young or deng has to be on harden. I wouldn't mind Ingram but wouldn't want to to put him in that position first game. He will get his chances to guard harden but shouldn't be as a starter.

Russel/young/ deng/ Randle/ Mozgov
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject:

mozgov
randle
deng
young
russell
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
mozgov
randle
deng
young
russell

Rebounders and scorers. that's a very solid line up.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Wait, are people getting pissed off at hypothetical lineups two days before the first game of the season?

Never change, LG...
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I want to be optimistic but its sooooooo hard. Here's to hoping we can win more than 24 games. Last year we were predicted to win 22 games. We ended up winning 17.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I want to be optimistic but its sooooooo hard. Here's to hoping we can win more than 24 games. Last year we were predicted to win 22 games. We ended up winning 17.

Scott and the Kobe tour was the reason.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Houston is a borderline playoff team therefore I predict Harden has a triple double by halftime and we only lose by 12-16 points.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Houston is a borderline playoff team therefore I predict Harden has a triple double by halftime and we only lose by 12-16 points.
Wouldn't be surprised. 19-7-5 at halftime? Probably not that unrealistic.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Whether we win or lose this year, IMO, hinges on DLO's performance. He's clearly our best player. He needs to match or exceed Harden's production for us to have a shot.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

Black
Randle
Deng
Calderon
Russell

There is no way you start Calderon. Either or young or deng has to be on harden. I wouldn't mind Ingram but wouldn't want to to put him in that position first game. He will get his chances to guard harden but shouldn't be as a starter.

I agree Ingram should take over the 2 spot eventually. Put Jose on Beverley and Dlo on Harden. We can use the knockdown shooting from Jose over the sporatic production out of Young. Lose a bit on D, but get the offensive production on the perimeter.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

Black
Randle
Deng
Calderon
Russell

I agree Ingram should take over the 2 spot eventually. Put Jose on Beverley and Dlo on Harden. We can use the knockdown shooting from Jose over the sporatic production out of Young. Lose a bit on D, but get the offensive production on the perimeter.

Beverley is not playing first of all. And Jose Calderon is not starting and might not even play.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Wait, are people getting pissed off at hypothetical lineups two days before the first game of the season?

Never change, LG...

Wait, are people getting pissed off at people posting hypothetical lineups two days before the first game of the season?

Never change
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I'm not that confident in our pick n roll defense yet and Harden is a guy that can burn you whether you go over or under the pick. He has Ryan Anderson and decent shooters to kick it out to. Now that MDA has him playing PG he's going to be dominating the ball even more. Expect some Westbrook type numbers this season, especially if Luke starts Lou Williams at the 2.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject:

If Lou starts he'll probably be matched up against EG. I think Luke is going to test DLO and start him on Harden
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
If Lou starts he'll probably be matched up against EG. I think Luke is going to test DLO and start him on Harden

Still a bad match. I'd say Harden has about 30 pounds on DLO, easily. He's a triple threat coming out of those picks. We'll see. It'll be a good test for our team defense. They're basically a one man attack, so just gotta cut off the head of the snake (sorry).
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Math wrote:
Eric Pincus
@EricPincus 1 minute ago
Lakers practicing a scrimmage lineup with Randle at 5, Deng 4 with Swaggy, Lou and Russe

I'm interested in seeing how this lineup does if this is what Luke decides to put out there. We know Clarkson will be playing starter minutes so I imagine we'll see him with this lineup as well.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
tox wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I'm not that confident in our pick n roll defense yet and Harden is a guy that can burn you whether you go over or under the pick. He has Ryan Anderson and decent shooters to kick it out to. Now that MDA has him playing PG he's going to be dominating the ball even more. Expect some Westbrook type numbers this season, especially if Luke starts Lou Williams at the 2.

Yeah he's gonna destroy us, I fully believe it. Poor Moz is going to get abused on the PnR. This would probably be a good time to roll out a lineup of Nance/ Randle at the 4 & 5 and just run a switch everything scheme, except for the part of Randle's off-ball defense still not being good enough.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Never change, LG...

Wait, are people getting pissed off at people posting hypothetical lineups two days before the first game of the season?

Never change

Agreed, everyone should just chill.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject:

hehe, we will win and by a fair margin

112 Lakers
103 Rockets

Randle will own Anderson, Harden will be out of gas by mid 3rd quarter and Mosgov will own Capella; Ariza will be MIA. Nick and DLo will be on fire from 3.

GO LAKERS!!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
tox wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Yeah he's gonna destroy us, I fully believe it. Poor Moz is going to get abused on the PnR. This would probably be a good time to roll out a lineup of Nance/ Randle at the 4 & 5 and just run a switch everything scheme, except for the part of Randle's off-ball defense still not being good enough.

Yeah I think Luke will see whether Moz can impose his size and strength to start the game. They'll be starting 6'9" Capela at center, who's a pretty mobile big man. If Moz gets abused in pick n roll then I think Black will be a much better matchup.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
tox wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
tox wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Yeah I think Luke will see whether Moz can impose his size and strength to start the game. They'll be starting 6'9" Capela at center, who's a pretty mobile big man. If Moz gets abused in pick n roll then I think Black will be a much better matchup.

Watching Goldenthroat's excellent video I doubt any true center is gonna be playing much. I fully expect them to play like the first preaseason Warriors game where a ton of transition points were given up and alot of open threes. Hopefully the bench unit well keep it close.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
tox wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
tox wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Watching Goldenthroat's excellent video I doubt any true center is gonna be playing much. I fully expect them to play like the first preaseason Warriors game where a ton of transition points were given up and alot of open threes. Hopefully the bench unit well keep it close.

Thankfully the Rockets shooters aren't as dynamic attacking off the dribble - I hope the Lakers close hard on Anderson, Ariza, and Gordon and try to chase them off the 3pt line. I'd also like to see Deng on Anderson and Randle on Ariza to start the game, but that won't happen.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

With Howard gone, Rockets might actually be a fun team to watch.

Hope Luke has our lineup situation figured out.. would like to see some more consistency. But will settle for overall improved play
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 4 of 118
Jump to: