2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject:

Its so early for this, lol.

Based on projections and fit, I think Josh Jackson from Kansas is our guy. I like the idea of having a big, super athletic wing next to D'lo. If the FO wants Clarkson to be our 6th man, then Jackson makes alot of sense.

Obviously, as the year goes on we have to see how our team looks. Its very hard to tell right now. Lots of PGs near the top of the draft, maybe trading the pick (if we get it) would be the thing to do.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Username wrote:
Dennis Smith would be the final piece to this rebuild. He is the next Chris Paul.

Too bad his name doesn't really rhyme well with any tanking slogans though. "Debacle For Dennis" doesn't really have a great ring to it.

i haven't seen much of smith but isn't his calling card his athleticism and above the rim play? that doesn't sound remotely close to chris paul to me. the videos i've seen of him make him look more westbrook/rose than paul.

I think he's got qualities of both. More athletic than a young Chris Paul, but probably a better passer than a young (or maybe even present day) Derrick Rose.

sounds like an all time great if he's chris paul + derrick rose lmao
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Username wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Username wrote:
Dennis Smith would be the final piece to this rebuild. He is the next Chris Paul.

Too bad his name doesn't really rhyme well with any tanking slogans though. "Debacle For Dennis" doesn't really have a great ring to it.

i haven't seen much of smith but isn't his calling card his athleticism and above the rim play? that doesn't sound remotely close to chris paul to me. the videos i've seen of him make him look more westbrook/rose than paul.

I think he's got qualities of both. More athletic than a young Chris Paul, but probably a better passer than a young (or maybe even present day) Derrick Rose.

sounds like an all time great if he's chris paul + derrick rose lmao

I would say he's got unlimited potential. There's nothing he can't do at the moment aside from hitting a 3 consistently.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:

SUCK FOR SMITH!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject:

Dennis smith is more of a lilliard type or Derrick rose.. super athletic PG.. he's undersized though.. 6'1 maybe..

went through a ACL tear.. dropped his stock..
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

Wow! Already? I'll play though.

I'll vote for the plan that wins 30+ games and defy the longshot odds to keep a top 3 pick.

Fultz would be intriguing. Pairing him with Russell could be special. Both with good size and athleticism. Both can be play makers and shoot the ball. Interchangeable pieces to lead the offense.

I could live with that if the Lakers miss the Playoffs.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Username wrote:

He looks good, but he also seems to miss passing opportunities in PnR. Even at an early age, CP3 would make you pay by hitting the open man or being a deep ball threat.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

A DLO/Fultz/Ingram trio would be quite nasty. Use the cap space on a PF like Griffin or Ibaka and we're starting to cook.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
A DLO/Fultz/Ingram trio would be quite nasty. Use the cap space on a PF like Griffin or Ibaka and we're starting to cook.

I think Ibaka is done. some people say he's in his 30's and that he's already peaked. I'd take blake though.. but he'll never leave his boys.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It would be nice to have a guy like Fultz, since he also has elite length.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Ibaka is done. some people say he's in his 30's and that he's already peaked. I'd take blake though.. but he'll never leave his boys.

Just identifying the likely top FA targets this summer for the Lakers.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject:

Jackson is my #1 right now. I really like the idea of him and Ingram terrorizing 1-4 on defense for the next decade.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
Jackson is my #1 right now. I really like the idea of him and Ingram terrorizing 1-4 on defense for the next decade.

haven't been tracking these prospects this year...probably won't, but can Jackson shoot or is he another athletic guy who is a mess on the perimeter shooting wise?
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I wish we could steal reddick from the clips. he'd be amazing in luke's system.. but I bet he goes elsewhere for a chip.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
tj24 wrote:

haven't been tracking these prospects this year...probably won't, but can Jackson shoot or is he another athletic guy who is a mess on the perimeter shooting wise?

Capable but not great. Supposedly he's Wiggins but with feel for the game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I wish we could steal reddick from the clips. he'd be amazing in luke's system.. but I bet he goes elsewhere for a chip.

His age/durability worry me. He's going to be 33-34 next year? as a role player sure, but if he wants 18-20m/year, no thanks.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tj24 wrote:

Capable but not great. Supposedly he's Wiggins but with feel for the game.

Hopefully Jackson shows better as a defender and rebounder, as well, because he looks potentially elite in those areas in high school. Wiggins has unfortunately really slacked in those areas to start his career, but I expect Thibs will pry more effort out of him.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

Do the Lakers have a second round draft pick for next year's draft? I can't remember seeing it's been traded or anything. I'm sure the two second round draft picks the Lakers got the Calderon trade isn't until 2018 and 2019.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Do the Lakers have a second round draft pick for next year's draft? I can't remember seeing it's been traded or anything. I'm sure the two second round draft picks the Lakers got the Calderon trade isn't until 2018 and 2019.

Yes, the Lakers have a 2017 2nd rounder, but if they keep the top-3 pick, then the team's 2017 and 2018 second rounders go to Orlando to complete the Howard trade.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

Well, I don't see a problem discussing the top-3 draft prospects, once we can keep our pick, as long as we don't make the playoffs, which I think is quite unlikely. That's why it's called a Lottery.

But, considering this time last year Labissiere was a top prospect and nobody talked about Ingram (or DLO, the year before), I think I'll come back here in February.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

NVM

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject:

If we're a bottom 3 team again this year, we've got another 5-6 year waiting period till we get close to contention.

Rather not have the pick this year and make some strides towards making the playoffs by 2017-2018 season because the free agents that are available then are going to help us a HECK OF A LOT more than anyone in this coming draft will for the first 3-4 years of their careers.

the only way I'd accept a bottom 3 pick would be if we finished in the mid 30s in terms of wins, and yet somehow in the lottery fell to the bottom 3 by chance of luck.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Do we have a second round pick? I doubt we get a first rounder.

Yes, if the 2017 1st round pick conveys to Philly, then the Lakers keep their 2nd round pick.

I've not heard this stipulation. I thought we keep our 2nd rd pick regardless?

From the link in the OP:
Quote:
2019 first round draft pick to Orlando
If the L.A. Lakers convey a 1st round pick to Philadelphia in 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will convey their 2019 1st round pick to Orlando; if the L.A. Lakers do not convey a 1st round pick to Philadelphia in 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlano
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Do we have a second round pick? I doubt we get a first rounder.

Yes, if the 2017 1st round pick conveys to Philly, then the Lakers keep their 2nd round pick.

I've not heard this stipulation. I thought we keep our 2nd rd pick regardless?

From the link in the OP:
Quote:
2019 first round draft pick to Orlando
If the L.A. Lakers convey a 1st round pick to Philadelphia in 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will convey their 2019 1st round pick to Orlando; if the L.A. Lakers do not convey a 1st round pick to Philadelphia in 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlano

Yes, thank you. I missed that.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

down to talk about 2nd round picks.

(bleep) top 3.

lets see improvement this year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 2 of 1281
Jump to: