2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Oh look, yet another not so clever attempt at a clever tank thread...

Uhhh, I'm a draft junkie (as are at least a handful of other regular (admittedly better) posters) and the Lakers do have a 2017 pick. I have no interest in making a tank thread, just getting ideas on early prospects from Mike (@) LG, 44, and others.

Too bad we don't have a draft forum, eh?

My bad. Please lock it up.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Uhhh, I'm a draft junkie (as are at least a handful of other regular (admittedly better) posters) and the Lakers do have a 2017 pick. I have no interest in making a tank thread, just getting ideas on early prospects from Mike @ LG, 44, and others.

Dude, I'm just messing with you. If it starts to devolve, I will move it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Uhhh, I'm a draft junkie (as are at least a handful of other regular (admittedly better) posters) and the Lakers do have a 2017 pick. I have no interest in making a tank thread, just getting ideas on early prospects from Mike _at_ LG, 44, and others.

Dude, I'm just messing with you. If it starts to devolve, I will move it.

I'm becoming less and less savvy of nuance on the 'net over the years. Thanks
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject:

fyee thread. Jayson Tatum only out 2 weeks, glad he didn't break his foot. Would love to draft him. Not worried about him and Ingram maybe both being 3s - Ingram will guard the other teams best wing - and Tatum's feet aren't slow at all
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Would love Fultz if we ended up with a top 3 pick.

Less athletic Than DLO. But his wingspan is effing ridiculous.

fam what

He meant at paintball

You guys think he's more athletic than DLO (at the same age)? I'll study his clips again. But I don't think so.

He's improved to being a freak athlete..
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What??????? Are you sure you are talking about Fultz???
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

What are the comparisons between Tatum and Jackson? I know Jackson's game more or less (I don't like him as a prospect) but don't know much about Tatum.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
What are the comparisons between Tatum and Jackson? I know Jackson's game more or less (I don't like him as a prospect) but don't know much about Tatum.

Tatum is the smooth wing shot maker type. Was kind of like a high school version of Melo.
Not a great 3 pointer shooter, but aside from that, he's one of the most polished wing scoring prospects in the past 4 years - on another level than Jackson scoring the ball. Also an underrated athlete
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Tatum is a mid-range skill based player with good size. very smooth. watching him nothing really jumps out at me as being something he'll be able to hang his hat on at the next level tho so i'm a little wary of him as a NBA prospect.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Tatum is a mid-range skill based player with good size. very smooth. watching him nothing really jumps out at me as being something he'll be able to hang his hat on at the next level tho so i'm a little wary of him as a NBA prospect.

that is true at the same time.
He's wasn't great athletically in HS, and was prolific in the midrange area. Just his smoothness and midrange stroke is encouraging to me. He's a natural scorer. I don't put it past him developing a 3pt shot and great pet ISO moves. He's also becoming a better athlete I believe, was more athletic Sr. year.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

Tatum reminds me of a Tobias Harris. Not really a fit unless at small ball 4. Jackson reminds me of a longer Lance Stephenson (Indy version).
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

The clear number 1 guy at the moment (if the Lakers were to keep their pick anyway) is definitely Faultz.

Great size (6'4) length (6'10 wingspan), deadly from anywhere on offense, good defender, and great all around point guard skills, as well as being very capable off the ball. Lastly, 2nd youngest player in the draft, won't turn 19 until May of next year.

Faultz and Russell as the backcourt with Clarkson as the 6th man would be pretty damn deadly. Both very capable on and off the ball players on offense while having the crazy length to guard against any guards in the league.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Tatum is the smooth wing shot maker type. Was kind of like a high school version of Melo.
Not a great 3 pointer shooter, but aside from that, he's one of the most polished wing scoring prospects in the past 4 years - on another level than Jackson scoring the ball. Also an underrated athlete

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Tatum reminds me of a Tobias Harris. Not really a fit unless at small ball 4. Jackson reminds me of a longer Lance Stephenson (Indy version).

Thanks for the input. How would you guys compare him to someone like Jabari Parker?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Logo wrote:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Thanks for the input. How would you guys compare him to someone like Jabari Parker?

I was actually going to use that comparison. They're similar in play style despite having very different body types. But I would say Tatum is the better shooter on the same shots/ISO's that they prefer...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

1-0. Starting the season off right. Soon we won't need this thread! Our 16th pick is going to Philly! Lock it up! Lock it up!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
1-0. Starting the season off right. Soon we won't need this thread! Our 16th pick is going to Philly! Lock it up! Lock it up!
You mean 30th, right?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

fam what

He meant at paintball

You guys think he's more athletic than DLO (at the same age)? I'll study his clips again. But I don't think so.

I'm not doubting you. You know your stuff. But do you know of any clips that demonstrate your point.
I'm pro Fultz, but if he's a freak athlete I'll like him even more.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

fam what

He meant at paintball

I'm not doubting you. You know your stuff. But do you know of any clips that demonstrate your point.

From the clips I have seen, he is a lot more athletic than DLO.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject:

close this (bleep) please
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
close this (bleep) please

agreed
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

fam what

He meant at paintball

Draftexpress' strengths video for him shows it. Not a freak athlete per say, but pretty much a great leaper.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

I'm digging 6'6 SMU PG/SG Shake Milton as a 2nd round option if he decides to declare in 2017. He's had a slower start this season playing more of a true PG role for the Mustangs, but he has the potential to be a solid, unselfish backup combo-guard in the NBA. In addition to an awesome name, Milton has elite length, a high BBIQ, and the ability to knock down jumpers off the catch or bounce.

He's not an elite athlete - more smooth than explosive - but he has defensive upside with his length and good lateral quickness.

Strengths Scouting Video (DraftExpress)
Stats (Sports Reference)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

If we are fortunate and keep our pick, I would shop it to a team looking to rebuild and pick up a rotation player.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If we are fortunate and keep our pick, I would shop it to a team looking to rebuild and pick up a rotation player.

The only time I'd consider it fortunate would be if we had somehow just missed on the playoffs and yet somehow the lottery balls allowed us to fall into the top 3 picks somehow.

In that scenario I'd trade it for a rotation player and a late 1st rounder from that team if it's available.

Such as trading it to Utah for Rodney Hood and their 19-22nd pick. Which looks like it will fall within that range.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The only time I'd consider it fortunate would be if we had somehow just missed on the playoffs and yet somehow the lottery balls allowed us to fall into the top 3 picks somehow.

In that scenario I'd trade it for a rotation player and a late 1st rounder from that team if it's available.

Such as trading it to Utah for Rodney Hood and their 19-22nd pick. Which looks like it will fall within that range.

I always worry about long-term sacrifices for short-term gains unless a team has a narrow championship window. Hood and a chance for a Mitch/Ryan West special at pick #20 would be a great haul for, say, the #3 pick, but I would always worry about being the Hornets trading away the next Kobe.

And although it's early, I think some of the best young players have flashed enough so far to back up some of the hype for this class, and there are a handful of players projected top-5-ish who would fit holes on this roster like Fultz, Jackson, Anunoby, and possibly Giles.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 4 of 1281
Jump to: