The Lakers are Fun Again!!! .. [Early Season Progress Reports ..pg 8]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: The Lakers are Fun Again!!! .. [Early Season Progress Reports ..pg 8]

The Lakers are fun again!
The Laker won, but arguably more importantly, they brought joy back to Los Angeles.

Quote:
The Lakers’ 120-114 victory over the Houston Rockets on opening night wasn’t a coronation, but it was an unmistakable decree: the Lakers may not be good defenders as a whole, they may not have enough talent to win more than they lose, but they are going to be competitive, and more importantly, they are going to be fun.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/10/27/13433152/la-lakers-houston-rockets-dangelo-russell-recap-jordan-clarkson-julius-randle-highlights-video

How the Lakers hit reset to begin life without Kobe

Quote:
Most of these young Lakers had grown accustomed to the Staples Center cheering on Kobe Bryant’s farewell, a separate season within the franchise’s most lost year of all. They had grown accustomed to the cheering of wayward, contested shots on the way out the door, on a young team trying to say hello when a legend was saying goodbye.

As the final seconds bled away on a 120-114 opening-night victory on Wednesday over Houston, something had changed here. Everyone was cheering an ambitious young coach molding an ambitious young group. They are a long, long way from the Showtime Lakers, but everyone could see: Finally, they’ve started on the way somewhere now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the-lakers-hit-reset-to-begin-life-without-kobe-082433847.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Last edited by pio2u on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers hit reset to begin life without Kobe

pio2u wrote:
How the Lakers hit reset to begin life without Kobe

Quote:
Most of these young Lakers had grown accustomed to the Staples Center cheering on Kobe Bryant’s farewell, a separate season within the franchise’s most lost year of all. They had grown accustomed to the cheering of wayward, contested shots on the way out the door, on a young team trying to say hello when a legend was saying goodbye.

As the final seconds bled away on a 120-114 opening-night victory on Wednesday over Houston, something had changed here. Everyone was cheering an ambitious young coach molding an ambitious young group. They are a long, long way from the Showtime Lakers, but everyone could see: Finally, they’ve started on the way somewhere now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the-lakers-hit-reset-to-begin-life-without-kobe-082433847.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

And start the Ice in my Vein era... this my (bleep)!
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Commissioner Adam Silver was watching courtside at Staples, fully aware of this unmistakable NBA truth: The league is always stronger, always more vibrant and relevant, when the Los Angeles Lakers matter.

Now hook us up Adam
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:
Commissioner Adam Silver was watching courtside at Staples, fully aware of this unmistakable NBA truth: The league is always stronger, always more vibrant and relevant, when the Los Angeles Lakers matter.

Now hook us up Adam

I just sincerely hope that he never burns us like Stern did.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Life after Kobe: Opening night victory marks a hopeful new era for the Lakers

Quote:
Life after Kobe Bryant began Wednesday for the Lakers, and surprise, surprise: It might not be so bleak after all. No longer trapped with one foot in the past and a vague vision of their future, the Lakers introduced a young, energetic team that captured the attention and imagination of the Staples Center crowd in the season opener. The first shot of Brandon Ingram’s NBA career — a successful corner three — drew roars. A dunk by Tarik Black triggered cheers. A three-pointer by Lou Williams that brought the Lakers even with the Houston Rockets as the first quarter ended was greeted with eardrum-shattering shouts, a decibel level that carried through the fourth quarter of the Lakers’ entertaining

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/1bfa17c8-0e34-3384-862f-5407358ebf73/ss_life-after-kobe%3A-opening.html

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-elliott-20161026-snap-story.html
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

During Stern's reign as commish, the Lakers were the most successful franchise by a pretty large margin. I know you're probably specifically talking about the Chris Paul ordeal but overall, he was always looking out for the Lakers and he was quite vocal about how great they were for ratings.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

During Stern's reign as commish, the Lakers were the most successful franchise by a pretty large margin. I know you're probably specifically talking about the Chris Paul ordeal but overall, he was always looking out for the Lakers and he was quite vocal about how great they were for ratings.

You are on point, to me he was a good guy except on that deal. But we just like to beat a deadhorse whenever we can.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

I'm curious how he was always looking out for the Lakers?? I didn't see him looking out for us at all. The Veto is the largest example but Stern just sat back and collected checks.

Longtime LG lurker.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Life after Kobe: Opening night victory marks a hopeful new era for the Lakers

Quote:
Life after Kobe Bryant began Wednesday for the Lakers, and surprise, surprise: It might not be so bleak after all. No longer trapped with one foot in the past and a vague vision of their future, the Lakers introduced a young, energetic team that captured the attention and imagination of the Staples Center crowd in the season opener. The first shot of Brandon Ingram’s NBA career — a successful corner three — drew roars. A dunk by Tarik Black triggered cheers. A three-pointer by Lou Williams that brought the Lakers even with the Houston Rockets as the first quarter ended was greeted with eardrum-shattering shouts, a decibel level that carried through the fourth quarter of the Lakers’ entertaining

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/1bfa17c8-0e34-3384-862f-5407358ebf73/ss_life-after-kobe%3A-opening.html

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-elliott-20161026-snap-story.html

A few interesting nuggets in there: the Lakers contacted Conley? And are the Lakers targeting George and Westbrook in 2018 rather than focused on 2017 free agency?
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm concerned that some people actually still think it was Stern's decision to veto that trade to hurt us.

As for the topic. It was fun to watch last night. I even got angry at Harden's "bobble head" routine every time down the court. Feels good to be this excited again.

Last edited by Legacy on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

If we win 30+ but don't make the playoffs. Let's make our lottery balls more...magnetized than usual for one last draft.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

If we win 30+ but don't make the playoffs. Let's make our lottery balls more...magnetized than usual for one last draft.

People will lose their GD minds if the Lakers jump from 8th or something into the Top 3.
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are UNPREDICTABLE again
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

People will lose their GD minds if the Lakers jump from 8th or something into the Top 3.

And I wouldn't have it any other way..the league is on notice, and if the Lakers were to somehow get 1 more top 3 pick...woah

Because of basketball reasons, i think silver owes us this
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Even that last preseason game against Phoenix I had a blast watching. The joy is back
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

And I wouldn't have it any other way..the league is on notice, and if the Lakers were to somehow get 1 more top 3 pick...woah

Because of basketball reasons, i think silver owes us this

A lot of haters would be on suicide watch
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

I'm curious how he was always looking out for the Lakers?? I didn't see him looking out for us at all. The Veto is the largest example but Stern just sat back and collected checks.

Because the Lakers always had stars and always got the big draws. The schedule is naturally going to be friendlier if you have a lot of primetime TV games. This is why he said his dream finals matchup was Lakers vs Lakers.

There was sadly lot of truth in all of the Tim Donaghy crap. Bad calls are going to happen to anyone, but could you imagine a marquee Lakers team losing in an early round because of a bad call? As much as I like to think the competition is 100% real, I know that certain teams are never going to get the wrong end of a really crucial call.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I know its only been one game but this team has an air about them that's going to be a joy to watch.

From the coaches down to the players there is a "feel good" atmosphere.

I can't wait to see how it all unfolds, one game at a time.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

Its so much fun to imagine.

Hell breaks loose as the Lakers somehow keep the pick yet again and we draft Faultz to make a dominating 3 guard tandem with now the team looking like playoff contenders in just one year.

Just glorious.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
I know its only been one game but this team has an air about them that's going to be a joy to watch.

From the coaches down to the players there is a "feel good" atmosphere.

I can't wait to see how it all unfolds, one game at a time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson · 3h3 hours ago

Laker Nation: It was exciting to watch the New Look @Lakers beat the Rockets last night 120-114!

RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

I just know that we'll be competitive in the majority of our games. We might not win them all but that's from lack of experience. We won't be out of the game in the first six minutes of the game like most games last year. Luke is changing the culture of this team that's for sure.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Quote:

Now hook us up Adam

And yet he still stabbed us in the back in order to help yammering fools like Dan Gilbert, who got us screwed while he got everything his way.

Nope, no absolution for Stern, he F'ed us and it has taken nearly a decade to make it back.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
I just know that we'll be competitive in the majority of our games. We might not win them all but that's from lack of experience. We won't be out of the game in the first six minutes of the game like most games last year. Luke is changing the culture of this team that's for sure.

I agree, as long as we are competitive good things are bound to happen.

Like the great Yogi Berra once said: "It's 90 percent mental and the other half is physical."
The Brain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:
Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson · 3h3 hours ago

Laker Nation: It was exciting to watch the New Look @Lakers beat the Rockets last night 120-114!

I'm going to take a wild guess that Magic doesn't write those tweets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: