Season Opener **** Rockets @ Lakers 10/26/16 7:30PM PT ****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject:

10 Thoughts from an Opening Night Win

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2016/10/27/10-thoughts-from-an-opening-night-win/#respond
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 1m1 minute ago
Per NBA, officials missed a pair of calls that favored Rockets over Lakers - a 3 second violation + an Ariza foul away from the ball
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised the 8 second violation later in the game wasn't mentioned as well. That was a blatant miss.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
10 Thoughts from an Opening Night Win

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2016/10/27/10-thoughts-from-an-opening-night-win/#respond

Quote:
8. Of the 2-man lineups who shared the floor for more than 20 minutes, the only duo which posted a positive net efficiency rating was Ingram/Nance. In the 21 minutes those two shared the floor, the Lakers had an OEff of 117.6 and a DEff of 102.8. That defensive rating is especially significant when you remember it is a full 8 points better than the team’s rating on the evening. This didn’t have everything to do with their play and there will always be noise in these types of stats, but I think it speaks to the nature of those two players’ games and how they tend to do a lot of little things which don’t always show up in the boxscore but still help the team.

I feel like this pairing has been changing the momentum of games throughout preseason and again last night. I love the length, athleticism, and versatility they bring on defense.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I'm surprised the 8 second violation later in the game wasn't mentioned as well. That was a blatant miss.

Thought the same thing too...

#BannersOverBillboards
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

The NBA report only looks at the last 2 minutes so it won't mention the bad calls from the rest of the game.

The ESPN guys didn't know the rule though. I think Anderson was a half step away from the line when it actually reached 8 seconds. Stu Lantz always fouls up the call too. He thinks the violation needs to be called when the clock hits 16 and he's wrong. At least once a year he goes off about it. The clock doesn't start at 24, it starts at 23. When the clock is showing 16, it has only been seven seconds.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

The NBA report only looks at the last 2 minutes so it won't mention the bad calls from the rest of the game.

The ESPN guys didn't know the rule though. I think Anderson was a half step away from the line when it actually reached 8 seconds. Stu Lantz always fouls up the call too. He thinks the violation needs to be called when the clock hits 16 and he's wrong. At least once a year he goes off about it. The clock doesn't start at 24, it starts at 23. When the clock is showing 16, it has only been seven seconds.

The clock got down to 15.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118
Page 118 of 118
Jump to: