OFFICIAL TARIK BLACK THREAD (Reported to sign with Rockets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
vicman wrote:
pio2u wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
I like Black a lot, but I don't see him ever being more than a 15 mpg guy for us. He's active, plays hard and has some athleticism. However, for an undersized 5, he doesn't have the quickest feet. I think that's what's going to limit his minutes this season. Hopefully, he improves in terms of his defensive awareness and mobility as the season progresses.

That's probably his ceiling. TB has work to do in a lot of areas but he is who he is.
Fortunately he is intelligent enough to know that.
However he gives 100% effort every minute, every game.

Black should not be playing I don't know what everyone likes about him. He played 11 minutes last night I would much rather this 96 minutes of the 4,5 be divided between nance, Randle, mozgov and deng

Black was decent, but more and more I see Randle being able to do Black's job plus bring other things to it, and yes, ou'd like to see Deng get more run at 4. I'm with GT that I'd actually like to start Deng at 4 and bring Randle in primarily at 5 off the bench (but getting a big role and minutes a la Clarkson). However, I would like to see Ingram with that bench unit because he ties it together nicely. That means you really need to try and find a low minute wing to start at 3.

I think you could stick with deng at the 3 for the first several minutes and bring Ingram early. Nance can come in for mozgov with Randle getting extended run. Then deng back for Randle to spell him.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Black was decent, but more and more I see Randle being able to do Black's job plus bring other things to it, and yes, ou'd like to see Deng get more run at 4. I'm with GT that I'd actually like to start Deng at 4 and bring Randle in primarily at 5 off the bench (but getting a big role and minutes a la Clarkson). However, I would like to see Ingram with that bench unit because he ties it together nicely. That means you really need to try and find a low minute wing to start at 3.

Vince?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

You gotta wonder whether the FO would've signed Tarik to that deal (though it's hardly a cap killer) if they knew T-Rob was going to sign with us, have a great training camp, and ultimately make the roster. He can essentially play the same role of big who brings energy off the bench and specializes in the dirty work at a fraction of the cost.

I love Tarik, but agree with what some have already said. We need minutes at the 4 and 5 for Randle, Nance, Deng, and eventually Ingram and Zubac. I see the benefit of playing Tarik for short stints to energize the team when they're down, but playing him any more than 10-12 minutes (on most nights) with this roster is going to limit it's full potential.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
You gotta wonder whether the FO would've signed Tarik to that deal (though it's hardly a cap killer) if they knew T-Rob was going to sign with us, have a great training camp, and ultimately make the roster. He can essentially play the same role of big who brings energy off the bench and specializes in the dirty work at a fraction of the cost.

I love Tarik, but agree with what some have already said. We need minutes at the 4 and 5 for Randle, Nance, Deng, and eventually Ingram and Zubac. I see the benefit of playing Tarik for short stints to energize the team when they're down, but playing him any more than 10-12 minutes (on most nights) with this roster is going to limit it's full potential.

Athletic bigs are a huge asset. Especially ours. We can go big and still stay fast
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Lebron?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Tarik played 11 minutes in the game so that's probably something that the coaches already has planned.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Why does he have a cutout of his head stuck on his locker

https://twitter.com/shahanLA/status/791450171934593025
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Tarik played 11 minutes in the game so that's probably something that the coaches already has planned.

and what he gave in those mins in terms of physicality, athleticism, good screens, and energy were absolutely needed. Having a guy like Black who can come in for 10-15 mins a game and bring the type of game he brings is a great thing to have.

Awesome that Randle can play the 5 and Zu is in the cut waiting but right now Black is a really good piece and anyone who thinks otherwise is overlooking him (again).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

and what he gave in those mins in terms of physicality, athleticism, good screens, and energy were absolutely needed. Having a guy like Black who can come in for 10-15 mins a game and bring the type of game he brings is a great thing to have.

Awesome that Randle can play the 5 and Zu is in the cut waiting but right now Black is a really good piece and anyone who thinks otherwise is overlooking him (again).
ABSOLUTELY!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Tarik Black: 10 minutes with 8 points and 7 rebounds.

Another consistent game by TB.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Tarik was hustling out there.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Tarik was hustling out there.

He played a little defense too!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject:

Tarik Black is awesome. Always plays with a lot of energy
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject:

OKC's bigs gave our undersized frontcourt problems last night.

May have been a good time to use Zubac for 3-4 minutes just for the experience.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject:

The coaches are doing a great job of managing Tarik's minutes and putting him in a position to be successful in a limited role.
He is embracing the "garbage man/clean-up role."
His defensive energy has also been good but his rim protection needs to improve.

TB's stats look solid: 11 minutes, 60% FG, 100% FT, 4.7 PPG, 5 RPG
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The coaches are doing a great job of managing Tarik's minutes and putting him in a position to be successful in a limited role.
His defensive energy has also been good but his rim protection needs to improve.

He's too small to be a rim protector. That is never going to be his forte.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

I think he's great as that energy big off the bench. However, he has clear limitations on who he can guard due to his height. His lack of size is kind of noticeable in some of these match-ups. He seems closer to 6'8'' than 6'9''.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

I think the role suits him with Mozgov normally playing at least 24 minutes per game and the remaining minutes with Randle or Nance Jr at the five if the Lakers go with a small-ball line-up. Luke will want to try and use Robinson at some point. And after the All-Star break Zubac should be in the rotation by then.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Tarik is still the strongest of the small ball bigs. You can see that. well strong plus size/body width. Tarik is a wider guy than randle or Trob. and it shows when a real center starts trying to back our guys down. you can't back down tarik as easily as you can randle or trob.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Tarik is still the strongest of the small ball bigs. You can see that. well strong plus size/body width. Tarik is a wider guy than randle or Trob. and it shows when a real center starts trying to back our guys down. you can't back down tarik as easily as you can randle or trob.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

It was only two possessions, but Kanter looked like he had an easier time backing down Black than Randle.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

I don't really like the way Luke is managing Tarik's minutes. He is trying some lineups with Nance and Randle at C, but the former lacks strength and Julius lacks length and awareness. I'd give the bulk of backup C minutes to Black unless he is in foul trouble since he is foul prone giving sporadic minutes to Zubac at the end of quarters against second units.

Black is doing really well with his limited minutes.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Horrible game, he gave 2/3 offensive rebounds to Indy at the end of 3rd qtr and other time just did nothing in P&r defense
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Horrible game, he gave 2/3 offensive rebounds to Indy at the end of 3rd qtr and other time just did nothing in P&r defense

Definitely not one of his better games. However he did have 8 rebounds.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Nonsense! He kept several possessions alive with timely offensive rebounds, he hit his FTs, and his defense was generally okay. It sucks that Kevin Seraphin got the better of him in a short stretch, but he wasn't bad overall at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 52 of 66
Jump to: