NBA experts weigh in on the Lakers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: NBA experts weigh in on the Lakers

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2016/10/28/nba-experts-share-intrigue-uncertainty-surrounding-lakers-2016-17-season/

I thought it was a pretty objective read, obviously I wish they would have given us a chance this season but at least they know we are gonna be a havoc to deal with in the future.

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

Hill with the Duke love:

Quote:
Hill: “Obviously I love Ingram and, in particular, where he went to college at Duke [laughs]. I do like Ingram. I think he has the potential to be an All-Star this year.”

NBA executive on Ingram:

Quote:
Anonymous NBA executive: Brandon Ingram. He’s by far the best player in the draft. Ben Simmons is a little bit overrated in that he’s more Lamar Odom than Magic Johnson. It will take time, no doubt. But Ingram has a chance to be really, really good.

I think Simmons will be great, too, although, like Luke, I would have taken Ingram #1 as well.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

But how does LG feel about Russell and Ingram
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hill with the Duke love:

Quote:
Hill: “Obviously I love Ingram and, in particular, where he went to college at Duke [laughs]. I do like Ingram. I think he has the potential to be an All-Star this year.”

NBA executive on Ingram:

Quote:
Anonymous NBA executive: Brandon Ingram. He’s by far the best player in the draft. Ben Simmons is a little bit overrated in that he’s more Lamar Odom than Magic Johnson. It will take time, no doubt. But Ingram has a chance to be really, really good.

I think Simmons will be great, too, although, like Luke, I would have taken Ingram #1 as well.

What shocked me was GH saying Ingram can be an all star this year, not many 19 yr olds become one.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject:

First time in my life that I've actually wanted to hear more of what Reggie Miller has to say
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

Haha...

Well there's a giant and incredibly insane thread about DLO's showboating... Completely ridiculous....

#IstandwithDloadong

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hill with the Duke love:

Quote:

NBA executive on Ingram:

Quote:

What shocked me was GH saying Ingram can be an all star this year, not many 19 yr olds become one.

I think he was just showing Ingram love.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hill with the Duke love:

Quote:

NBA executive on Ingram:

Quote:

That and maybe Ingram is one of those special prospects that don't come around every 20 years and is gonna immediately put up good numbers, he should have had more then 9 pts and if he was involved more he would have gotten 15-17.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject:

I'm going to wait, as usual, 20 games in to form a conclusion. Until then I'm going to keep my head in the sand and believe we'll make the playoffs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

I think Ingram will be the quiet assassin for the team. His defensive potential really sets him apart from some others. I think we'll know more by December-January, but with young talent, and a coach willing to use said talent to their strengths the future should be nice.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Haha...

Well there's a giant and incredibly insane thread about DLO's showboating... Completely ridiculous....

#IstandwithDloadong

I think you mean loading
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

Good to see some members of the media turning the corner now on the Lakers. For instance Reggie Miller chose to focus on how DLO enduring a controversy can make him stronger, rather than the worn-out Wilbon locker room cancer talk line. General praise for DLO now.

Good to see how highly they rate Ingram. He's the real deal and it's just a matter of time before the scoring starts to catch up to everything else he's already doing out there. Looks like the ex-players and coaches can see this.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
First time in my life that I've actually wanted to hear more of what Reggie Miller has to say

True I found it weird reading actual analysis from him instead of his usual work of reminding us every 5 seconds how unbelievable LeBron is or that Kobe has 5 championships.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

IMO:

Ingram: Mega star
Russell: Superstar
Randle: All-star
Clarkson: Good player
Nance: Reliable player
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hill with the Duke love:

Quote:

NBA executive on Ingram:

Quote:

That and maybe Ingram is one of those special prospects that don't come around every 20 years and is gonna immediately put up good numbers, he should have had more then 9 pts and if he was involved more he would have gotten 15-17.

Grant got a little excited....Ingram is not making the All-Star team this year....for starters, he plays the same position as Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Good to see some members of the media turning the corner now on the Lakers. For instance Reggie Miller chose to focus on how DLO enduring a controversy can make him stronger, rather than the worn-out Wilbon locker room cancer talk line. General praise for DLO now.

Good to see how highly they rate Ingram. He's the real deal and it's just a matter of time before the scoring starts to catch up to everything else he's already doing out there. Looks like the ex-players and coaches can see this.

ESPN and the other networks have been very positive. I saw Stan Verrett get into a twitter war with someone who complained ESPN still wasn't covering the Lakers enough and Stan said how everyone at ESPN would be happy if the Lakers rise to the top because it means better ratings.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hill with the Duke love:

Quote:

NBA executive on Ingram:

Quote:

I think only 8 guys in NBA history have been named to the all-star team as rookies (including Grant Hill).

Never say never, but the competition to make the team in the west is enormous. You have to think Durant, Davis, and Leonard are shoe-ins. That leaves 3 or 4 spots competing against Green, Aldridge, Griffin, Cousins, Jordan, Towns, Dirk.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

I think only 8 guys in NBA history have been named to the all-star team as rookies (including Grant Hill).

Never say never, but the competition to make the team in the west is enormous. You have to think Durant, Davis, and Leonard are shoe-ins. That leaves 3 or 4 spots competing against Green, Aldridge, Griffin, Cousins, Jordan, Towns, Dirk.

Especially with the change of the All Star format, calling the frontcourt exclusively forwards, rather than centers, it could compromise spots for Ingram
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

14 wrote:
I think Ingram will be the quiet assassin for the team. His defensive potential really sets him apart from some others. I think we'll know more by December-January, but with young talent, and a coach willing to use said talent to their strengths the future should be nice.

That quiet killer look makes me think he has the greatest potential of the bunch. When a guy can make a great play and not have to tell the whole world about it, that says a lot.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

Wait for it...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm going to wait, as usual, 20 games in to form a conclusion. Until then I'm going to keep my head in the sand and believe we'll make the playoffs.

The Byron Scott "20 game" approach. But I agree.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
14 wrote:

That quiet killer look makes me think he has the greatest potential of the bunch. When a guy can make a great play and not have to tell the whole world about it, that says a lot.

What?

!...
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

For such a young rook, Ingram looks extremely comfortable in the NBA with the ball in his hands. I'm excited for his development!
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Haha...

#IstandwithDloadong

Is this a new nickname?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Haha...

Well there's a giant and incredibly insane thread about DLO's showboating... Completely ridiculous...

My bro I can't tho
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: