***** LAKERS at Thunder ****** 10/30/16 - 4PM PT ******
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Didn't watch today. Spent the entire game at the vehicle impound because I had the audacity to park in front of my garage. Horrible day
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject:

ThePALakersFan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ThePALakersFan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
everyone is cool with Luke.....just because I or anyone disagrees with him or criticizes him is not starting a #fireLuke campaign. If JC going one dimensional or JR's jump shot is open for criticism, then Luke's decisions are open to the same criticism. People on this board running around trying to silence anyone that questions Luke. Grow up.

Im not trying to silence you, i just think your being shortsighted and looking at these decisions mostly in the context of this game and not the bigger picture thats all.

with all do respect, you have no earthly idea of how I am looking at anything. I have said almost nothing about what or how I am questioning anything....I said "we are being outplayed on the court, and outcoached on the bench". That in fact is a point in time statement......where do you pull projection out of that?

I was mostly responding to the "his rotations are not cutting it" or something like that, which i took to mean that his rotations are hurting or costing us games. Which i dont really understand how you meant it other than that, your clearly putting some blame in his rotations which is showing " shortsightedness" to me that your upset he tried some different lineups that didnt play that well in one game of 82 in a year where he says hes not judging us based on wins and losses. But imo i didnt think his subs cost us the game, i thought westbrook did. Thats my opinion, if yours is the same then cool if not then you could just elaborate what yours is rather than chastise me on trying to infer what you meant.

that was someone else, didn't post that. Think I found the post your were referring to?

The Grind wrote:

I have faith that he'll improve as the season goes along. But tonight's substitutions just weren't cutting it. I'm sure that by the end of the road trip he'll have them down.
GreekTrojan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I still think Luke is doing a really good job at game management. Through 3 games we've constantly had good halftime adjustments and generated a lot of good looks on offense. Its just execution more than anything limiting this team. I agree with the notion that some rotations didn't work but I definitely think this is a prime example of team building instead of chasing wins. You have to experiment with rotations live to see how they work (and even poor rotations can improve over time).
ThePALakersFan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Ahh okay, i got lost in the quotes lol my apologies sir. Ive been enjoying the back and forth, i think the battle between wins and development will be a reoccuring subject alot this season though especially as it gets late in the season and we have a potential top 3 pick in the balance.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I really believe trading young or Williams would help with our rotations
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

The rotations have been terrible. Luke has to stop playing favorites and put in the players that will help us win games. It seems like he's trying to play everyone but that shouldn't happen. He needs to shorten the rotation.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
The rotations have been terrible. Luke has to stop playing favorites and put in the players that will help us win games. It seems like he's trying to play everyone but that shouldn't happen. He needs to shorten the rotation.

Well if he was playing favorites 12 guys wouldn't be getting playing time....
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know how many different line-ups Luke has used in three games so far?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Well if he was playing favorites 12 guys wouldn't be getting playing time....

If it's not Mr. 0.27 assist-to-turnover ratio playing 48 mpg, he won't be satisfied. Why bother?
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I like the improvement we've seen. We are starting games a lot better now as the starting unit looks more cohesive. It's also not a surprise that we also start the 2nd half strong too.

It's maintaining that consistency throughout that has been something that needs to be worked on.

Seems like our bench rotations still need tinkering with as a lot of guys are not really standing out or making imprints into any specific roles yet. Aside from Lou and, Black. Everyone else seems pretty experimental in their roles of the bench at the moment.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Luke said he wants to get everyone time in first half. Post game
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
I like the improvement we've seen. We are starting games a lot better now as the starting unit looks more cohesive. It's also not a surprise that we also start the 2nd half strong too.

It's maintaining that consistency throughout that has been something that needs to be worked on.

Seems like our bench rotations still need tinkering with as a lot of guys are not really standing out or making imprints into any specific roles yet. Aside from Lou and, Black. Everyone else seems pretty experimental in their roles of the bench at the moment.

The biggest thing i see in these first three games is Luke is mirroring GS a bit too much. They rarely played Bogut at the end of games, if i'm not mistaken and Luke is doing the same here with Mozgov. That's a mistake. Were not as proficient from the perimeter as GS is to do that. We should've pounded it inside more with Moz and even Deng against OKC in the 4th. then kick it out to the open man if need be. Moz is better than Bogut he needs to play in the 4th against big teams like OKC.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52
Jump to: