The Brow on the Market?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: The Brow on the Market?

Anthony Davis might be trying to force his way out of NO. Knicks and Celtics are rumored ..... would Laker fans be willing to part with Randle and DLo in a deal for AD?

Current rumors

Knicks
The first one has Porzingis and point guard Derrick Rose going from the Knicks to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis. The second version of this trade scenario sees Davis and shooting guard Lance Stephenson heading to New York in exchange for a package that includes Porzingis, power forward/center Kyle O’Quinn, small forward Lance Thomas, center Willy Hernangomez, shooting guard Justin Holiday, and three future first-round draft choices.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3679182/nba-trade-rumors-davis-knicks-porzingis-rose-pelicans/

Celtics
Notably, the NBA trade rumor, that is doing the rounds suggest that the Celtics will be acquiring not just Davis but also Tim Frazier from the Pelicans. And, the Pelicans would be getting Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, Jaylen Brown, Kelly Olynyk, and two more first-round picks. It is reported that one of these first-round picks would be from the Brooklyn Nets

http://www.hngn.com/articles/215335/20161104/nba-trade-rumors-boston-celtics-eyeing-anthony-davis-new-orleans-pelicans-game-changing-deal.htm

Three-Way Deal
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate

Last edited by KobeRe-Loaded on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Brow on the Market?

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Anthony Davis might be trying to force his way out of NO. Knicks and Celtics are rumored ..... would Laker fans be willing to part with Randle and DLo in a deal for AD?

no chance they are trading him this year, but in the future id give up one of youngins plus clarkson and zubac for AD
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

They have him locked up for 5 years. There's absolutely no leverage for him to force himself out even if he wants to.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I'd give BI, JC, and a lottery protected first rounder for AD. Some fans would probably kill me for saying that, but I'm not sure that NO would even accept that. Maybe if it's the best offer at the last minute, but teams like the Sixers and Celtics have too many assets to pass up on an offer for AD.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject:

We'd have to give our entire youth to get him via trade and it's not happening.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
I'd give BI, JC, and a lottery protected first rounder for AD. Some fans would probably kill me for saying that, but I'm not sure that NO would even accept that. Maybe if it's the best offer at the last minute, but teams like the Sixers and Celtics have too many assets to pass up on an offer for AD.

Yeah, I'd give up everything for the Brow. Brow barring injury is a HOFamer. 23 years old.

He'll attract other free agents.

Can't go wrong getting a 23 year old future HOFamer.

I think in the history of the NBA, not many teams have won a title w/o having a top 5 player on their team (Detroit?).

Brow is a top 5 player.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Were talking about Anthony Davis here. If you want him, you better come to the table with an offer of Ingram/DLO/Randle. No other deal would get it done.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Were talking about Anthony Davis here. If you want him, you better come to the table with an offer of Ingram/DLO/Randle. No other deal would get it done.

I'd do it.

Don't like parting w/ the youngsters but the reward is
Anthony freaking Davis!
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Which lands him in pretty much the same situation he is now.

!...
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Rumor...

Knicks
The first one has Porzingis and point guard Derrick Rose going from the Knicks to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis. The second version of this trade scenario sees Davis and shooting guard Lance Stephenson heading to New York in exchange for a package that includes Porzingis, power forward/center Kyle O’Quinn, small forward Lance Thomas, center Willy Hernangomez, shooting guard Justin Holiday, and three future first-round draft choices.

Celtics
Notably, the NBA trade rumor, that is doing the rounds suggest that the Celtics will be acquiring not just Davis but also Tim Frazier from the Pelicans. And, the Pelicans would be getting Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, Jaylen Brown, Kelly Olynyk, and two more first-round picks. It is reported that one of these first-round picks would be from the Brooklyn Nets
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Which lands him in pretty much the same situation he is now.

What's NO's cap space like?

One difference is: it's probably easier to attract free agents to come to LA vs NO.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rumor...

Knicks

Celtics

Phil Jackson would be GM of the year if he can get Brow to NY
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

any valid link?

not ready to give up house for him tough. maybe Ingram + Randle
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Doubt it, why won't Pels ask for Porzingis and Melo
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
any valid link?

Yup, but the thing is, whatever you're "comfortable" with will not be enough.

It's going to take a package that makes you uncomfortable to get someone like Davis.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
any valid link?

Yup, but the thing is, whatever you're "comfortable" with will not be enough.

It's going to take a package that makes you uncomfortable to get someone like Davis.

thats fine then, continue with your rebuild. he is an injury prone guy
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded, are you kind of shy to share with us where you got these rumors? Perhaps Inquisitr, or some site like that? LOL!

Lakers aren't unloading everyone for and often injured guy, only to put him in the same losing situation. Especially if we keep on winning. If you do such a deal, you make Russell untouchable. You try and pair a great big with a great guard. Russell has some work in order to be great, but Brow is young enough to grow with Russell.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

what?
Are you crazy? Giving all the youth and hope for one player that seems to be prone to injuries? Sure he is great and has a lot of talent. But that would not be a good deal.
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I like AD, but he tends to be injury-prone. He's never played more than 70 games in a season.

I would not give up D'Angelo for him. Which is probably a dealbreaker for the Pelicans. I doubt they'll accept any offer that doesn't include DAR.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Yeah, I'd give up everything for the Brow. Brow barring injury is a HOFamer. 23 years old.

He'll attract other free agents.

Can't go wrong getting a 23 year old future HOFamer.

I think in the history of the NBA, not many teams have won a title w/o having a top 5 player on their team (Detroit?).

Brow is a top 5 player.

That is the problem, though, you cannot ignore injury with him. And I really doubt NO is looking to trade him anytime soon. I didn't really agree with the contracts they gave Hill and Moore, but I doubt they signed them as potential running mates with Davis only to then trade Davis. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them were available in trade.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Davis is good but he isn't LeBron level, else his team would at least be competitive. Not worth trading three potential allstars/possible superstars for someone whose on-court impact is akin to Twolves Kevin Love.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Web bots nuff said... Those sites know nothing.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Davis is good but he isn't LeBron level, else his team would at least be competitive. Not worth trading three potential allstars/possible superstars for someone whose on-court impact is akin to Twolves Kevin Love.

you don't think a healthy brow is the closest thing to a prime LeBron?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Those sentiments might be reversed if we drafted Davis and he became a 23 year old superstar for us.

Probably wouldn't trade him for some other team's 3 prospects...

Let's say Ingram develops into Anthony Davis. Same stats, same game by the age of 23; w/ the same injury concerns.

Would you be willing to trade him for some teams 3 top prospects when he's 23?

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Given that he can't opt out until 2021, it'll take a lot for us to get Davis; likely have to include DLo and Ingram to get to the table.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: