The Brow on the Market?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:

So Davis by himself is 0-6. In order to get him we'd need to trade all of our young assets.

So we go from a balanced 3-3 team to an 0-6 team with one star?
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 6959

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That is the problem, though, you cannot ignore injury with him. And I really doubt NO is looking to trade him anytime soon. I didn't really agree with the contracts they gave Hill and Moore, but I doubt they signed them as potential running mates with Davis only to then trade Davis. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them were available in trade.


Word was Hill chose NO over the same offer from the Lakers based on a promised starting gig. I wonder if the UofA product still interests LA who upped their free agent offer to Deng once Hill was off the table.

I suppose you also have the issue of what kind of deal it would take.
_________________
2-3-7-14 Los Angeles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 1286

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So Davis by himself is 0-6. In order to get him we'd need to trade all of our young assets.

So we go from a balanced 3-3 team to an 0-6 team with one star?


Or, the Raptors are 4-1. They won 56 games last year.

We can trade all of our team for the Raptors team. We'd have a nucleus of Derozan and Kyle Lowry....

If records are important, there you go....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5245

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Were talking about Anthony Davis here. If you want him, you better come to the table with an offer of Ingram/DLO/Randle. No other deal would get it done.


I'd do it.

Don't like parting w/ the youngsters but the reward is
Anthony freaking Davis!
Hell no. Three potential all stars for one superstar is too rich for my blood, especially since Davis is somewhat injury prone. The most I'd give up is

Randle/Ingram/Clarkson/Zubac

Leaving us with

Russell
Young
Deng
Nance
Davis

greatly depleted bench...meh. Stick to the rebuild. If the Pelicans are serious about trading him, they won't get a better package than the above. But I think that's a bit too much, even for Davis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 1286

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Were talking about Anthony Davis here. If you want him, you better come to the table with an offer of Ingram/DLO/Randle. No other deal would get it done.


I'd do it.

Don't like parting w/ the youngsters but the reward is
Anthony freaking Davis!
Hell no. Three potential all stars for one superstar is too rich for my blood, especially since Davis is somewhat injury prone. The most I'd give up is

Randle/Ingram/Clarkson/Zubac

Leaving us with

Russell
Young
Deng
Nance
Davis

greatly depleted bench...meh. Stick to the rebuild. If the Pelicans are serious about trading him, they won't get a better package than the above. But I think that's a bit too much, even for Davis.


Once you start w/ "the most I'd give up..."

Pretty much there's no deal.

Davis is going to cost you a package that you really don't want to part with...

That's like going to Bora Bora and saying "the most I'm going to pay for a room is $200..."

Well, you're not going to get that nice of a room.......


Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15785
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Those are both garbage websites that make up stuff for clicks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 16808

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Garbage sources and no thanks. It would take way too much to get him, especially more than we would be comfortable parting with.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 2823

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Were talking about Anthony Davis here. If you want him, you better come to the table with an offer of Ingram/DLO/Randle. No other deal would get it done.


I'd do it.

Don't like parting w/ the youngsters but the reward is
Anthony freaking Davis!

Hasn't catapulted his team or lured quality free agents. He's already gimpy. No way. Jc/zubaca/nance sure
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 17027
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Davis is good but he isn't LeBron level, else his team would at least be competitive. Not worth trading three potential allstars/possible superstars for someone whose on-court impact is akin to Twolves Kevin Love.


Those sentiments might be reversed if we drafted Davis and he became a 23 year old superstar for us.

Probably wouldn't trade him for some other team's 3 prospects...

Let's say Ingram develops into Anthony Davis. Same stats, same game by the age of 23; w/ the same injury concerns.

Would you be willing to trade him for some teams 3 top prospects when he's 23?


Pelicans aren't going to be successful trading him because they'll want everything. "Smart" teams won't give the sun and moon for an often injured player who's stats doesn't effect wining. Plus, you guys are debating over an Inquisitr rumor.
_________________
"They are in the West! You must go D'Angelo Russell here, or my head will explode!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5245

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
dao wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Were talking about Anthony Davis here. If you want him, you better come to the table with an offer of Ingram/DLO/Randle. No other deal would get it done.


I'd do it.

Don't like parting w/ the youngsters but the reward is
Anthony freaking Davis!
Hell no. Three potential all stars for one superstar is too rich for my blood, especially since Davis is somewhat injury prone. The most I'd give up is

Randle/Ingram/Clarkson/Zubac

Leaving us with

Russell
Young
Deng
Nance
Davis

greatly depleted bench...meh. Stick to the rebuild. If the Pelicans are serious about trading him, they won't get a better package than the above. But I think that's a bit too much, even for Davis.


Once you start w/ "the most I'd give up..."

Pretty much there's no deal.

Davis is going to cost you a package that you really don't want to part with...

That's like going to Bora Bora and saying "the most I'm going to pay for a room is $200..."

Well, you're not going to get that nice of a room.......
They probably couldn't do better than Ingram/Randle/Clarkson/Zubac. But honestly that might be too rich for my blood. Ingram and Randle are going to be studs in a couple years. You're giving up star power AND depth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 Feb 2015
Posts: 312

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject:

I would trade Dlo and Randle for him, nothing else, but that deal probably won't get it done... So I would just keep the youngsters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 14421

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

#thesauces
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 820

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

For the record I put no stock in this rumor but...

I wouldn't do it. We'll gut the team to get him and essentially turn ourselves into the Pelicans. If we put in draft picks we could find ourselves in a worse position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 1286

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Also think about this. Russell, Randle, & Ingram are all going to get paid. Probably max players or close to it.

That's $70 mil per year for all 3?

Davis makes $23 mil to $28 mil for the next 5 years.

Once you start paying your players, you're pretty much locked into that core. Look at OKC. That's it for them.

They locked up Adams, Oladipo, Kanter. That's it. That's their future for awhile.

In order to win a championship you need a top 5 player. So either Russell, Randle, or Ingram becomes a top 5 player or we sign a top 5 free agent. It's unlikely we can sign a top 5 free agent in his prime.

Once this core 3 starts getting paid, we won't have the cap space to sign a top 5 free agency type player.

In Davis, you have a top 5 player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 11977

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

still willing to trade our entire nucleus for a single player in the super team era

never change LG
_________________
"There's only 2 dudes better than me, and I'm BOTH OF THEM."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 3278

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have the start of something special.

Stay the course and give the young core a couple years to develop together.

Davis would cost too high a price. If any truth at all of a trade, it is more then the Lakers can afford to give away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 1286

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
still willing to trade our entire nucleus for a single player in the super team era

never change LG


If Ingram develops into Anthony Davis, would you be willing to trade him for a boatload of prospects at the age of 23?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 3396

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Great source lol. AD is locked for longterm and isn't going anywhere. They will sack the coach and try different things as Sac have been doing. Why would they trade a guy who got them into playoffs and has a longterm deal? They effed up hiring Genrty and will get rid of him soon.

Inb4 moved to Trade forum.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 3396

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
dood23 wrote:
still willing to trade our entire nucleus for a single player in the super team era

never change LG


If Ingram develops into Anthony Davis, would you be willing to trade him for a boatload of prospects at the age of 23?


And what makes you think NEO will trade Brow? Are they dumb when they made playoffs only a year ago? They will get rid of the coach.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5617
Location: France

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Web bots nuff said... Those sites know nothing.


When Inspector Gadget tells you your sauces suck you know you're not doing it right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 13028

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis with middle of the road talent put us in the exact same position the Pelicans are in right now. I'll pass on that. However Anthony Davis on this team with our young Talent could be something special. So that's what you go for. So if we want to do that let's make ourselves a playoff team within the next two seasons. So when Anthony Davis is a free agent we can actually be an option to add him to the core we already have it is ready to break out by storm. That is the best way to go about it as opposed to doing what the Knicks would do and mortgage their entire young core just to get Anthony Davis and not changing the situation or their record one bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 25179
Location: RIP DLO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Davis is good but he isn't LeBron level, else his team would at least be competitive. Not worth trading three potential allstars/possible superstars for someone whose on-court impact is akin to Twolves Kevin Love.


Those sentiments might be reversed if we drafted Davis and he became a 23 year old superstar for us.

Probably wouldn't trade him for some other team's 3 prospects...

Let's say Ingram develops into Anthony Davis. Same stats, same game by the age of 23; w/ the same injury concerns.

Would you be willing to trade him for some teams 3 top prospects when he's 23?


If Ingram were Davis, that is, an injury prone star who doesn't have as much impact as you would like, then yes I'd quite possibly trade him for another team's equivalent of DLO/Randle/Clarkson. If Davis had real superstar impact then that's a different story, but like I said, he looks a lot more like 2010 Kevin Love than he does 2006 Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 4549
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Great. Now all that needs to happen: NOL ownership goes bankrupt, Silver just takes over the team, and ladies and gents I give you "Basketball Reasons Part Deux". Boy, repeating the last 4 years is gonna be so much fun.
_________________
Manchester United Unmissable US Summer Tour 2017
Romelu Lukaku - Welcome to United!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 28747

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

No, it doesn't matter since we would have to trade half our roster to get him. We all know the easiest way to win is to get players in free agency. Building through the draft is tough not to mention its a very lengthy process. You give up nothing but gain a player like a superstar if the situation is right in free agency The real legitimate superstars hold all the power in the free agent market.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 28747

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
still willing to trade our entire nucleus for a single player in the super team era

never change LG


Don't forget that today's players if they are dead set to go to a particular team they will leave thru free agency. They have their own power in that they can refuse to sign an extension even if they are traded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB