View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
Fracture wrote:
what the heck is Cousins problem? Did I miss something?
His problem is that he was born in this world.

I checked the replay I couldn't find anything that he could possibly be upset about. He just mad he got a small one.

He said it in the post game. He thought the Lakers got away with hitting him a lot.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Cousins says it was "friendly UK love" after the game with him and Julius. Said Julius is like his little brother.

Of course. Cousins has gone out of his way to rave about how good Julius is going to be in this league in his mind. Julius is like his little brother, even in Julius' rookie year when he elbowed Gay in the head when he was being a freight train, Cousins pulled him to the side and talked to him about being out of control and that he didn't need to be.

They are close as you could get. So the jawing was just big bro lil bro trash talk in my mind. Cousins wasn't mad, just jawing with his lil bro who was trash talking him for losing their game that they probably had been trash talking before about with each other.

So it's nothing more to it than that, of all the people that would ever have a "problem" with Julius, Cousins isn't one of them.

It's like the trash talking your lil bro does when he beats you at Soul Calibur after you'd been beating him for years. You may tackle him down, ruffle his head and put him in a playful headlock, but when mom runs in to break it out, it's really been all love and playful lil bro/big bro banter.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Cousins says it was "friendly UK love" after the game with him and Julius. Said Julius is like his little brother.

Of course. Cousins has gone out of his way to rave about how good Julius is going to be in this league in his mind. Julius is like his little brother, even in Julius' rookie year when he elbowed Gay in the head when he was being a freight train, Cousins pulled him to the side and talked to him about being out of control and that he didn't need to be.

They are close as you could get. So the jawing was just big bro lil bro trash talk in my mind. Cousins wasn't mad, just jawing with his lil bro who was trash talking him for losing their game that they probably had been trash talking before about with each other.

So it's nothing more to it than that, of all the people that would ever have a "problem" with Julius, Cousins isn't one of them.

It's like the trash talking your lil bro does when he beats you at Soul Calibur after you'd been beating him for years. You may tackle him down, ruffle his head and put him in a playful headlock, but when mom runs in to break it out, it's really been all love and playful lil bro/big bro banter.

Eh errr. I think Boog was legit mad. He's tired of the Kings man, he's got a short fuse and he's an (bleep) right now. The excuse after was true, but it wasn't overriding his legit anger for losing he had while confronting Randle. Look at the other Laker players faces.. Boogie was legit pissed. Relationship was still in tact, but Boogie was really triggered in that moment. That was one of those moments where one of the brothers really wants to fight, not just ruffle.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Well said. I feel the same way. Cousins has had nothing but good things to say about Randle, and the rest of the Lakers' youth. I thought it was something that was happening in the moment as well. Trash talk is just part of the game. It's all in good fun. I actually enjoyed seeing that exchange
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Russell is gifted but I still believe he is a SG not a point or combo guard. He's a scorer. He turns the ball over waaay too much without many assists in most cases. I don't see why you don't just realize that and go with DLO at SG...seriously.

I kinda agree

At some point get him a real PG who can handle ball and let DLO score

Then keep JC and Lou together on second unit
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
Fracture wrote:
what the heck is Cousins problem? Did I miss something?
His problem is that he was born in this world.

Who is that girl in your avatar?
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject:

A big (bleep) you goes out to these Kings, their pathetic "city" and that antiseptic new stadium. Culture of losing forever.
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
Russell is gifted but I still believe he is a SG not a point or combo guard. He's a scorer. He turns the ball over waaay too much without many assists in most cases. I don't see why you don't just realize that and go with DLO at SG...seriously.

I kinda agree

He needs to get stronger if we want him to defend the opponent SG. I like Young size and athleticism a lot at that position.
urbanturban
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject:

Afrosho wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

I kinda agree

He needs to get stronger if we want him to defend the opponent SG. I like Young size and athleticism a lot at that position.

I think DLo would look mighty fine at the 2 over the next few years. Put Chris Paul next to him, and that is a scoring machine. Swaggy is great, but DLo has a chance to be a knock down shooter when getting a pass off a screen and just shooting.

Oddly enough, CP has an option, and Swaggy is in the last year of his contract.....
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject:

I am enjoying the grit in this team. Just fun to watch.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject:

This is a special team, I'm glad I was totally wrong about them. Luke managed to get these guys to play off their asses and even guys like Nick Young who got huge flack the last couple of seasons are getting a career revitalization.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject:

Ugh barf you want Chris Paul on this team?

Let's just do what we're planning on doing...

DLO, Ingram, and Randle will initiate the offense. We don't need a pound pound "traditional" point guard to dominate the ball.

Why find a short guy to initiate the offense when we have to 6'9+ athletic and skilled forwards who can?
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject:

HeatCandela wrote:
A big (bleep) you goes out to these Kings, their pathetic "city" and that antiseptic new stadium. Culture of losing forever.

Amen!

Though, judging from the huge turnout of Laker fans out in Sac-town, I wouldn't diss on the city...after all there ARE a ton of Laker fans out there/
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

Cousins gets all this love about this game. Even after the game, Worthy said, "He's an animal." But when you look at the box score 10-25. For a big with all that bulk, he should be shooting 50%+ for his career, but he's 46% for his career. That's Kobe numbers, which is awesome for a wing player, but not great for a big. I hope the Lakers do not gut the team for him. Because there will be more rumblings when trade deadline nears.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

I hope the Lakers STAY AWAY from Cousins.
He's clearly a head case and can't lead a team to wins.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Ugh barf you want Chris Paul on this team?

Let's just do what we're planning on doing...

DLO, Ingram, and Randle will initiate the offense. We don't need a pound pound "traditional" point guard to dominate the ball.

Why find a short guy to initiate the offense when we have to 6'9+ athletic and skilled forwards who can?

Especially an aging guy who gets hurt every year when it matters.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

DMC was just butthurt Lakers have surpassed his team and are only getting better. He's probably thinking of a way out of SacTown.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject:

Ben McLemore 7th pick seems to have fallen out of favor. Nik Staukas 8th pick already traded. Fans doesn't seem happy about Willie Cauley Stein. Meanwhile, we're getting more value from our late and second rounds. "Sacramento will never be the capital of California!"
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Ben McLemore 7th pick seems to have fallen out of favor. Nik Staukas 8th pick already traded. Fans doesn't seem happy about Willie Cauley Stein. Meanwhile, we're getting more value from our late and second rounds. "Sacramento will never be the capital of California!"

I legitimately wonder how much of it is their environment or if these are picks that just never panned out. I guess Larry had a rocky environment as a rook, JC too, but both of them were put in positions to thrive.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59
Page 59 of 59
Jump to: