LAKERS -at- KINGS – 11-10-16 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for your breakdown cmonkee!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Swaggy was fantastic on both ends. I love what I've been seeing from him.

Randle didn't shoot great from the field but was still very efficient on offense due to his perfect FT shooting. I know his transition breakouts can be hit-or-miss, but is there a better guy on the team at starting our fast break. The guy is frighteningly quick out of the blocks and has the high end speed to go along with it. Defensively, he was locked in on Rudy Gay, and I love his scrappiness last night as well. He's developing that Draymond persona more and more with each passing game.

Moz was a man out there last night. It's pretty awesome that we can trot out an athletic, skilled center that a guy like DMC can't bully. I absolutely love what he has provided us this season. We really couldn't have asked for a better fit.

Russell - The careless TOs need to stop, but I like the way he scored last night. Until he finds his range and tightens up his handle, I think Russell needs to be more judicious in terms of shooting the 3 and trying to create his own shot off the dribble.

Deng - I'm hoping that he's still trying to shake off the rust, but right now, he looks like he's done. I hope he proves all of his critics wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Lou was steady on offense as always minus a few careless TOs.

Nance did all the little things last night, and I'm glad that Reggie and Brent recognized that. He didn't put up big numbers but was fantastic with his defense, hustle and high IQ plays. It's pretty awesome that we have such an awesome swiss army knife of a player. Speaking of swiss army knives...

Ingram - It's one thing for a 4 year college player with a year of NBA experience to play the way Nance does. However, it's even more amazing to see this same quality in a 19 year old rookie. Even if he's not an impact offensive player, he still affects the game in so many other ways.

JC - I loved his defensive effort out there. Even if he didn't put up the big scoring numbers, it's wonderful to see him play defense with tenacity.

Black - Solid as always.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject:

I was real impressed how we responded after we fell down 19 in the first half. We cut it to 10 at halftime which I thought was huge. I then like how we maintained our composure when the game was tied with 5:50 left and we went on a 10-0 run. I agree with Luke when he said that DLO has to limit his turnovers especially on the road. I love our bench. Last year we won our 5th game on December 22nd. What a difference a year and coaching makes. 👍
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject:

changed my mind about Cousin... cancer. Can't even control himself on nationally televised game
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

BigE32 wrote:
I was real impressed how we responded after we fell down 19 in the first half. We cut it to 10 at halftime which I thought was huge. I then like how we maintained our composure when the game was tied with 5:50 left and we went on a 10-0 run. I agree with Luke when he said that DLO has to limit his turnovers especially on the road. I love our bench. Last year we won our 5th game on December 22nd. What a difference a year and coaching makes. 👍

I didn't see Russell's early part of the game, but even withou knowing he had the turnovers, that was my thoughts exactly (as you mentioned Luke saying). It was a game we couldn't afford to be loose/careless down the stretch and that's why I was fine going with Lou. Good lesson for Russell. We'll throw him out there again to close but something for him to think about and work on coming out of this one.

I love when I click with a coach on his rotations. I always felt that way with Riley and Phil. Just as you are thinking it's time to go with (or not go with as in this case) someone that's what they did. I get that feel from Luke early on. Obviously, he's still learning his players so he's got a lot of slack from me in that regards, but I really like his instincts. Much better than guys like Del, Brown, etc.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

Thanks, RCS926
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: