Bill Cosby accused of rape
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
No. 17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
No charges in the two LA cases.

jodeke is having a party. OJ and Michael Vick are invited. Donald Sterling isn't . He's white and Jewish.

Don't know your persuasions or religious affiliations but none of you are invited either.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject:

DL Hugley talks about Bill Cosby. NSFW PHONETICALLY GRAPHIC LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

Email may derail case against Bill Cosby

LINK

Bill may get away with it in criminal court but he won't get away with it in the court of public opinion.

A fallen icon.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

I think many people expected this to happen
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

Bill may get away with it in criminal court but he won't get away with it in the court of public opinion.

A fallen icon.

The women went to the police too late which is why Bill will never sit a day in jail. If they had reported the assault immediately afterwards, all the evidence would still be there for collection. As it is now, it is basically their word against his, while that works turning public opinion against him, in the court of law, that isn't a good case to convict someone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

A fallen icon.

The women went to the police too late which is why Bill will never sit a day in jail. If they had reported the assault immediately afterwards, all the evidence would still be there for collection. As it is now, it is basically their word against his, while that works turning public opinion against him, in the court of law, that isn't a good case to convict someone.

Not saying Bill is innocent by any means. This many women gives rise to guilt.

The bold causes me to pause at guilty of all accusations. I believe some are in it for money.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I think some are telling the truth and others are cashing in on it. I think those cashing in on it are complete trash and should have real rape victims beat the crap out of them for making it harder for women to come forward with something as horrific as rape.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I think some are telling the truth and others are cashing in on it. I think those cashing in on it are complete trash and should have real assault victims beat the crap out of them for making it harder for women to come forward with something as horrific as assault.

No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Cosby Indecent Assault Charge Will Not Be Dismissed, D.A. Will Not Be Disqualified

The aggravated indecent assault charge against Bill Cosby will not be dismissed, despite his legal team's efforts to get the case tossed out, and the prosecutor will be allowed to stay on the case.

On Wednesday, a judge shot down the comedian's motions in the case.

"We will appeal," Cosby's lawyer, Monique Pressley told ABC News in the wake of the decision.

Cosby, 78, was charged last December by Montgomery County First Assistant District Attorney Kevin Steele. A few weeks later, Cosby's attorneys filed to have the charge dismissed, claiming that Steele brought it "illegally, improperly and unethically." They also asked that the D.A. be removed from the case.

Yesterday, Bruce Castor, a former Montgomery County District Attorney, told the judge why he never charged the comedian when the alleged incident happened more than a decade ago.

There was never a formal document between the two men in writing, Castor explained, and he decided against drafting a document because he had no plans of prosecuting Cosby.

Castor also said accuser Andrea Constand’s “actions … created a credibility issue for her that could never be improved upon” and that statements from other alleged victims were “very old."

Castor did say he believed Constand was telling the truth but argued that she had waited too long to come forward. Castor also said Constand contacted a civil lawyer in Philadelphia, weakening the prosecution’s case.

Today, attorney Jack Schmitt, who has been a legal adviser to Cosby since 1983, testified that he would never have let the comedian give his 2005 deposition in the Constand civil suit if he thought there was a chance Cosby would one day be prosecuted, according to the Associated Press.

Constand, a former Temple University employee, claimed the comedian invited her to his Pennsylvania home in 2004 and made two sexual advances despite her rebuffs. She also claimed Cosby gave her pills and wine, which made her unresponsive and unable to move. At that point, she claims Cosby sexually assaulted her.

Cosby gave the deposition in 2005, which was just released last year to the public after U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno unsealed it. In the deposition, Cosby admitted that he gave Quaaludes to one woman in the past.

Schmitt was the second witness the Cosby legal team has called on in the past two days in an effort to get Judge Steven T. O'Neill to throw out the aggravated indecent assault charge.

Constand’s lawyer Dolores Troiani has not responded to ABC News' request for comment.

In addition to the deposition released from the Constand civil suit last year, the charge also came after a barrage of women accused Cosby of sexual misconduct, dating back to the 1960s. Cosby fired back in early December, filing a countersuit for defamation against seven women who previously accused him of sexual misconduct.

Pressley previously responded to the assault charge in a statement to ABC News.

"The charge by the Montgomery County District Attorney's office came as no surprise, filed 12 years after the alleged incident and coming on the heels of a hotly contested election for this county's DA during which this case was made the focal point," she said. "Make no mistake, we intend to mount a vigorous defense against this unjustified charge and we expect that Mr. Cosby will be exonerated by a court of law."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/bill-cosby-returns-court-assault-case-164002045--abc-news-celebrities.html#
WillyJ
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject:

at first, I was surprised he became a rapist.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Aggravated sexual-assault charges against Bill Cosby will go to trial this summer, a judge ruled Tuesday.

"Based on the evidence, I am going to hold you on charges,” Judge Elizabeth McHugh ruled.

Cosby responded later with a statement criticizing prosecutors and his accuser, and vowing he would prevail at trial.

The trial will take place in Pennsylvania's Court of Common Pleas, in Montgomery County outside Philadelphia. The judge set July 20 for a formal arraignment but Cosby later waived that. The trial will start at a later date.

The ruling followed a half-day preliminary hearing where prosecutors produced their evidence to back up their three charges of aggravated sexual assault they filed in December against Cosby in connection with a 2004 encounter at his nearby home with former Temple University employee Andrea Constand.

Cosby Trial
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

All I've read and heard if convicted cry's Bill should get what ever the law allows for his indiscretions.

I'm dispirited remembering the Cosby show and all the laughs it gave me. Seeing a icon go down is saddening.

I had the Cosby shows video taped. I don't watch them anymore. Bill just doesn't seem like Bill.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
All I've read and heard if convicted cry's Bill should get what ever the law allows for his indiscretions.

I'm dispirited remembering the Cosby show and all the laughs it gave me. Seeing a icon go down is saddening.

I had the Cosby shows video taped. I don't watch them anymore. Bill just doesn't seem like Bill.

Bill Cosby has gone the way of Joe Paterno. Both were one time seen as giants in their field, their names have been disgraced because of what has happened behind the scenes.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Bill Cosby has gone the way of Joe Paterno. Both were one time seen as giants in their field, their names have been disgraced because of what has happened behind the scenes.

I don't know if Joe Paterno is an accurate comparison Paterno was an accomplice not the perpetrator.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't know if Joe Paterno is an accurate comparison Paterno was an accomplice not the perpetrator.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought the reason Joe's health failed was because of the embarrassment of Sandusky being caught weighed so heavily on him.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

There is NO difference when they both stayed quiet about it they are both just as guilty

Paterno watched a boy get raped? and didn't do anything to stop it? didn't report it?
Does this mean maybe more than Sandusky was doing it? Someone blackmailed Paterno to be quiet?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I think there's a difference between looking the other way and actually committing the crime.

I'm not defending Paterno but I don't think he should be labeled a child molester over it when he wasn't even accused of it or didn't commit the crime.

Now if you want to say he's a gutless coward etc I agree.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject:

http://bigstory.ap.org/9a7fe2f129e14780ab66d5b8e11f28ea?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Quote:
Bounce TV to bring back 'Cosby Show' reruns

ATLANTA (AP) — Reruns of "The Cosby Show" are returning to television, even as the comedian's sexual assault trial looms next year.

Bounce TV announced in social media posts that it will resume airing reruns of the 1980s sitcom on Dec. 19. Atlanta-based Bounce, programmed for black audiences, says it takes the allegations against Cosby "seriously," but says its research shows African-Americans "see a distinction between Bill Cosby, the man, and the iconic TV character Cliff Huxtable."

The announcement has drawn criticism from some, including Judd Apatow. The director and producer tweeted Tuesday, "Presenting a violent rapist to viewers like he is a lovable dad is inappropriate."

In July 2015, Bounce pulled reruns of the comedian's CBS sitcom "Cosby." Other networks — including TV Land and Centric — dropped "The Cosby Show" after the sexual assault allegations began in 2014.

The 79-year-old Cosby has pleaded not guilty to the sexual assault charge in Pennsylvania, where he is scheduled to go on trial by June. He has also denied some of the allegations of unwanted sexual contact from dozens of other women.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://bigstory.ap.org/9a7fe2f129e14780ab66d5b8e11f28ea?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Quote:
Bounce TV to bring back 'Cosby Show' reruns

ATLANTA (AP) — Reruns of "The Cosby Show" are returning to television, even as the comedian's sexual assault trial looms next year.

Bounce TV announced in social media posts that it will resume airing reruns of the 1980s sitcom on Dec. 19. Atlanta-based Bounce, programmed for black audiences, says it takes the allegations against Cosby "seriously," but says its research shows African-Americans "see a distinction between Bill Cosby, the man, and the iconic TV character Cliff Huxtable."

The announcement has drawn criticism from some, including Judd Apatow. The director and producer tweeted Tuesday, "Presenting a violent rapist to viewers like he is a lovable dad is inappropriate."

In July 2015, Bounce pulled reruns of the comedian's CBS sitcom "Cosby." Other networks — including TV Land and Centric — dropped "The Cosby Show" after the sexual assault allegations began in 2014.

The 79-year-old Cosby has pleaded not guilty to the sexual assault charge in Pennsylvania, where he is scheduled to go on trial by June. He has also denied some of the allegations of unwanted sexual contact from dozens of other women.

You would think that a director and producer would know the difference between fact and fiction. I guess I give him too much credit.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I think there's a difference between looking the other way and actually committing the crime.

I'm not defending Paterno but I don't think he should be labeled a child molester over it when he wasn't even accused of it or didn't commit the crime.

And there's difference between just looking the other way and systematically covering it up. It doesn't make him a child molester, but it makes him just as bad.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

And there's difference between just looking the other way and systematically covering it up. It doesn't make him a child molester, but it makes him just as bad.

I agree(although I think Paterno's bosses all knew as well and helped cover it up until it became public then Paterno was all by himself on that one.. yeah sure)

but my point was it seems that there was more coverage of Paterno making it seem like he was the child molester and Sandusky who actually is the molester seems to be an afterthough is my point.
The Brain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject:

In the Penn St case, I blame McQuerry after Sandusky. Had McQuerry went to the police as soon as he saw what was going on in the shower or locker room, which ever it was, all this would have been just an old man Penn St didnt know was a child molester and abuser.

I do not see what Penn St. was so worried about? Were they worried about being labeled? (bleep) happens. Some people are going to surprise you. Better to go after it and squash it then cover it up and keep it festering.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

And there's difference between just looking the other way and systematically covering it up. It doesn't make him a child molester, but it makes him just as bad.[

I highlighted that part because I completely agree.

Sandusky is obviously a deranged, sick child predator but no matter how old you are or what your relationship is to said predator...you have to immediately take that to the authorities and make it clear that you are 100% out against the whole thing.

By any logical analysis, Paterno did not do that and honestly got what he deserved as far as tarnishing whatever he had supposedly built there.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

There is NO difference when they both stayed quiet about it they are both just as guilty

Paterno watched a boy get assaulted? and didn't do anything to stop it? didn't report it?
Does this mean maybe more than Sandusky was doing it? Someone blackmailed Paterno to be quiet?

Not the same at all.

Lets play devil's advocate for a moment. Let's say Cosby did it and we have him on tape drugging women from 1960 til 1998. just making up dates.Guilty as sin.

If that is the case Cosby is worse than Joe P. Joe P. allowed Sandusky to be sandusky while cosby is almost sandusky.

You should be trying to compare cos to sandusky. The only problem is Sandusky was abusing children. Not just any children, children that were from broken homes, poor, etc, etc. He set up a charity to attract more kids like this. He adopted a ton of kids. For all we know he adopted them for the very purpose of abusing them too.

Thats some serious predatory stuff right there.

Cosby on the other hand did this to a bunch of grown women. Full grown at that for most of them. Grown women coming to his house late at night even though they knew he was married. Sure he's a mega star at a certain point in his career and he has some connections. But thats on you as an adult if you Choose to put yourself in an unsavory situation late at night with a married man just because you want access to his connections. You're grown enough to go try to find those connections another way or go get a job and work to make your money and keep auditioning to something happens for you.

See cosby wasnt jumping out of dark alleys, out of bushes in the park while unsuspected women were walking along a walking path. So even though he's a creep. I'm not sure he's a monster due to the circumstances. But its a darn close race to monster(if all the above was true.)

Now, as we stand today. Cosby to our knowledge hasnt been found guilty in a court of law for anything. Doesn't matter how many people come out. A lot of those women have beyond shaky pasts/presents, etc. In addition some of those women admitted to coming back for seconds and some for thirds. Meaning they said they thought they were drugged the first time. Came back another time, got drugged again, came back another time...wait wait hold on now. At what point do I say what a creep to cosby regardless but say what the heck were you thinking Ms 2nd time around? This starts to make someone wonder and put things into context of the times in the 60's where quite a few people men and women were doing drugs(q's as well) voluntarily to get in the mood.

So until he's convicted he's in that strange middle grown. might be guilty, might be innocent. what he isnt innocent of is cheating on his wife with quite a few women. What he isnt innocent of is being a grab happy celeb like a lot of men back in the 60's and 70's. My parents and mother in law has told me enough stories about bill being a toucher. But I've heard that story about a ton of men back in those days. That locker room talk as Trump called it. Was everyday life for men back in those days. So if cosby is a creep for touching back then. so are 50% of men from that time period. And it seems we still have a few hanging around today mr Ailes comes to mind.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Looks like the jury may hang, but it's not over yet. I haven't followed the trial closely, but I'm not surprised. There are some credibility issues for the accuser.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12
Jump to: