Knicks' Marshall Plumlee trains/cabs/runs through New York arrives in 1Q to make NBA debut

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Knicks' Marshall Plumlee trains/cabs/runs through New York arrives in 1Q to make NBA debut

Sort of like a Planes, Trains and Automobiles movie come to life(I love that movie one my fave TG movies)

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/11/21/knicks-marshall-plumlee-trainscabsruns-through-new-york-arrives-in-first-quarter-makes-nba-debut/

Quote:
Knicks’ Marshall Plumlee trains/cabs/runs through New York, arrives in first quarter, makes NBA debut

Marshall Plumlee got beat so badly on a Dwight Howard alley-oop, Kent Bazemore was laughing before he threw the pass.

Even more remarkable: Plumlee was on the court at all.

The Knicks rookie began his day assigned to the D-League. But when Joakim Noah fell ill, the Knicks called up Plumlee just before their game against the Hawks.

Ian Begley of ESPN:

Plumlee reacted quickly. He lives near a Metro North train station in Westchester, a county that borders New York City to the north, so he boarded an express train to Grand Central. He pulled in to the station at 42nd street and Lexington Avenue and jumped into a cab to head to Madison Square Garden on 33rd and 7th Avenue.

Time was of the essence, so Plumlee said he paid a cab driver a $60 tip to run a red light. The traffic was brutal, so Plumlee eventually got out of the cab and started running to the arena.

“Sprinting through the city,” he said. “I got here, they said, ‘Hey, do you need a warmup?’ I said, ‘No, I’m already warm. I ran here.’”

Plumlee arrived at the arena midway through the first quarter. He suited up and made his NBA debut in the second quarter, defending Howard. He ended up playing 5:36 and grabbing one rebound in the Knicks’ win over Atlanta.

That is nothing short of incredible. In a time professional sports are so regimented, it’s nice to have a little fun chaos.

This is also why teams have become more eager to have their D-League affiliates nearby.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: