**** Bulls at Lakers 11/20/16 6:30PM PT ****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
That was terrible. Dlo and clarkson were especially garbage tonight. I was disappointed inthe rebounding if mosgov and Randle as well.

Loss was truly on clarkson and some on Walton, substitutions werent on point tonight. You have someone shoot 1-12 and lose the rebound battle by 20, you lose every night in the NBA.

DLO and Clarkson need to figure out quick how to both be active and efficient, every night. I'm a huge DLO fan and even I have to admit, my hopes for what he one day could be are starting to diminish a bit. I went from thinking he could be a Curry/Harden hybrid to now thinking that he may end up being a Sg with a career closer to ginobli his hero. 12-18 point average, some cute passes and big shots, but not a cornerstone franchise guy.

Same ... Still a fan ... But getting really really worried now ...
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject:

This is not a playoff team. Maybe in a few years. This is the game you win if your making the playoffs. 24 wins will be tough.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Clarkson was off. Way off
Randle seemed to lack that fire and Russell has been taking nothing but threes.

Our defense has been putrid. I don't think we can keep relying on home run shots

That's why energy teams rarely make the playoffs. It's just very hard to sustain it a full season, a full game or even a full quarter. Good teams can afford to not bring it every night and they win games against worse teams on talent alone.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Clarkson was off. Way off
Randle seemed to lack that fire and Russell has been taking nothing but threes.

Our defense has been putrid. I don't think we can keep relying on home run shots

Russell shot 9 3's in only 23 minutes.

Russell, Young and Clarkson combined for 9-36. You're not going to win games when you shoot like crap, play no defense, and get outrebounded 56-37.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
This is not a playoff team. Maybe in a few years. This is the game you win if your making the playoffs. 24 wins will be tough.

Yeah, I agree .. we needed to protect our home court if playoffs were gonna be realistic, so far we have already had empty results.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
RichD wrote:

Yeah, I agree .. we needed to protect our home court if playoffs were gonna be realistic, so far we have already had empty results.

But we've always been a longshot to be a playoff team why is this news? Folks got happy because we won some games early. We've always been and still are a developing team.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject:

You guys are so easily swayed one way or another . Even if we go 2-10 in these 12 games, we're just as capable of going 10-2 later in the season against the weaker teams. This team will be in the mix for the last playoff seat. Any fringe playoff team would struggle against the Spurs and Bulls. It's silly to say we aren't a playoff team because of these 2 games, or even the next 10 games.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
That was terrible. Dlo and clarkson were especially garbage tonight. I was disappointed inthe rebounding if mosgov and Randle as well.

Loss was truly on clarkson and some on Walton, substitutions werent on point tonight. You have someone shoot 1-12 and lose the rebound battle by 20, you lose every night in the NBA.

DLO and Clarkson need to figure out quick how to both be active and efficient, every night. I'm a huge DLO fan and even I have to admit, my hopes for what he one day could be are starting to diminish a bit. I went from thinking he could be a Curry/Harden hybrid to now thinking that he may end up being a Sg with a career closer to ginobli his hero. 12-18 point average, some cute passes and big shots, but not a cornerstone franchise guy.

Same ... Still a fan ... But getting really really worried now ...

Well he's been the best PG in the last 4 drafts. https://twitter.com/LakerStatistics/status/799472029963583488

I'm more worried about Deng and his contract then Russell. Deng looks toast.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
RichD wrote:

But we've always been a longshot to be a playoff team why is this news? Folks got happy because we won some games early. We've always been and still are a developing team.

we probably would have won a few more if Deng didn't play like a D-Leaguer which is crippling the starting line up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

O YE OF LITTLE FAITH.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
O YE OF LITTLE FAITH.

This.

I think it's time for me to take a break from LG. Maybe an extended break. These hot takes are intolerable.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Damn. That was another game that was right there for the taking and we just couldn't get over the hump. Lots of guys struggled tonight, if it wasn't for Lou and Nance we might have been smoked.

Jimmy Butler had one of the easiest 40 point games I've ever seen. it felt like every time he put it on the floor he got an easy bucket or got to the line.

Hopefully we can regroup and get a win against OKC. They seem to be in a rough patch and I REALLY want to shut Westbrook up.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject:

This is the first game where it was pretty disappointing. Luke's face seemed to show it. Let's see how they respond. I think they will regroup and rebound but for sure tonight was probably the first "that's not good enough" feel.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

14 games in, playing 500 ball. I haven't made a real decision on how this team will fare. I'm a Laker fan tried and true. I'm going to hold faith we'll make the playoffs. This team plays hard.

They have yet to find a identity. When our starters get it together we'll be fine. Our second unit plays lights out.

KEEP THE FAITH......

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject:

I've been saying this all along...dlo may have bad knees. I'm more concern that at age 20 he's having these issues. He seemed to be moving gingerly last night and it resulted in him shooting 3's. But I've noticed his movement in prior games. The last teen we had w/chronic knee issues was Bynum. I'd love to get tyus jones from Minnesota as a backup pt. We don't need both huerta and calderone. Just one will do.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
I've been saying this all along...dlo may have bad knees. I'm more concern that at age 20 he's having these issues. He seemed to be moving gingerly last night and it resulted in him shooting 3's. But I've noticed his movement in prior games. The last teen we had w/chronic knee issues was Bynum. I'd love to get tyus jones from Minnesota as a backup pt. We don't need both huerta and calderone. Just one will do.

Embiid is healthy. I wish Mitch would go after Okafor. Philly's going to have a problem trying to please both of them.

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Embiid is healthy. I wish Mitch would go after Okafor. Philly's going to have a problem trying to please both of them.

Would you mind explaining why you want that?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
jodeke wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Would you mind explaining why you want that?

I like his game. I know he's not been the ideal player according to what he's done so far in his career. I think a change of scenery would cause a change in his game. I really don't think he wanted to be in Philly. I know that doesn't speak well to his professionalism but I think he'd change.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Our wing defense is bad enough, making the front court even softer on defense isn't the answer.

Only the Warriors score more than us. Offense isn't the issue. JC hits a few shots, we probably win last night.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

We rank near the top in off eff, near the bottom in def eff. I think what's lost in translation is the Dubs were near the top in defense last year. We're good on offense, need to improve on defense.

Luke impresses me as one who understands this and will work on fixing the problem.

Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Wow you kids are just something.

We are 14 games into Post-Kobe era. Your young guys need time to develop. Patience is a lost virtue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49
Jump to: