2017 shooting guard free agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I still think Clarkson ends up as the starting SG long term. Luke just has to figure out different lineups.

I don't think so. Luke is pretty clear on him being a 6th man.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I still think Clarkson ends up as the starting SG long term. Luke just has to figure out different lineups.

You want JC to be our PG and DLo SG?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Then Lou Williams has to go. Both Clarkson/Lou will not work defensively Surgically when they both play tons of mins in the 4th qtr
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Then Lou Williams has to go. Both Clarkson/Lou will not work defensively Surgically when they both play tons of mins in the 4th qtr

Lou has 1 year left so he'll be in his role until then. JC will likely be our long term 6th man and he's flourishing in that role. We don't even have to get a "star" starting SG next year either. Just a 3/D who can absorb 22-24 mpg at worst.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Lou has 1 year left so he'll be in his role until then. JC will likely be our long term 6th man and he's flourishing in that role. We don't even have to get a "star" starting SG next year either. Just a 3/D who can absorb 22-24 mpg at worst.

yeah i agree but Lou's value will never be as high as it is now. get something for him now.

maybe mario Hejonga
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

yeah i agree but Lou's value will never be as high as it is now. get something for him now.

maybe mario Hejonga

I would do it though it would be a step backward this year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

And it is working well, so let's break what isn't broken.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

And it is working well, so let's break what isn't broken.

Yeah. And having a top 6th man for many years will be a great advantage for this team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Is there a name attached to that player? I see no one in FA. Now if we are lucky and get our lottery pick, adding that player via trade is a real option.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Is there a name attached to that player? I see no one in FA. Now if we are lucky and get our lottery pick, adding that player via trade is a real option.

Well there is one that will be in the draft, he's just going under the radar severely but THAT is a good thing, because he could be available at the 17th-20th pick and I'd be willing to pay for that pick if we were able to attain it. Anyway, posted this in the Russell thread but I'm gonna just put it here.

====================
Well if you want my REAL target for a first round draft pick I think we could attain... in the 17-20th range

I really REALLY want to keep it under wraps cause whenever I SAY someone that could be a sleeper they ALWAYS wind up in the higher end and unattainable >_< Elfrid Payton to Denzel Valentine they always wind up in the higher end of the draft and thus unattainable when they were not as hyped prior -_-

But alright. I'll just have to knock on wood

Alright.. my REAL pick that I think we could get a first round pick for (late first round pick, somewhere between 20-30) is a kid by the name of Terrance Ferguson.

Now I've watched this kid, and he has the potential to be PRECISELY the kind of shooting guard our team needs and would want.

Now he had the potential to be a top 10 pick, and he was headed to Arizona but decided to play overseas instead, so his stock dropped a bit, ESPECIALLY as he went to the Australian league(which imo is a lot better than the CBA in terms of TRYING to be competitive). However his talent is very very apparent. The kid was nicknamed "2K" because of his insane athleticism, but along with that insane athleticism the kid also has a deadly jump shot and could be LETHAL from three in the league. He also has the mentality to play defense and seems to give a lot of effort on that end of the floor, which is a bonus.

He's also a 6'7 Shooting Guard on top of that. He's flying under the radar cause he doesn't have the "Mudiay" hype, and he is kind of going unmentioned, but HE is my sleeper pick. IF he is still available at pick Number 17-22 I think the Lakers must ABSOLUTELY see if they can attain a pick around there and look to draft him. His potential is scary for such an under the radar guy.

Senior Vids:

First game Overseas:

Scary ending. Luckily there was no injury and he's fine.

Recent In Game Dunk(like 2 days ago)

here's a nice tidbit about the Australian league in comparison to the CBA

Quote:
Only the top Euro teams have better money. China does have more money, but the competition is awful. To put it in perspective the team Ferguson is playing for (Adelaide) played a 3 game series versus Shandong (Michael Beasley's former team) in the pre-season. Adelaide won all 3 games by an average of 80 points, and it was so lop-sided that they stopped counting personal fouls for Shandong so that everyone didn't foul out. In fact they reset the scoreboard to 0-0 at the start of every quarter to try to keep it somewhat competitive.

Yeah so the Australian League may not be NBA competition, but compared to the CBA it's at least COMPETITION.

Anyway, he hopefully stays under the radar, remains healthy and is attainable at around Pick 20 because other GMs sleep on the kid.

I would LOVE to see him in a Lakers jersey IN Luke's system.

6'7 Shooting Guard, Lethal jump shot, Crazy athleticism, cares about defense. By the time of the draft he'll have JUST turned 19.

In terms of the prototype of a 2 you want in Luke's system, the kid checks all the marks. But now that I've revealed him as my sleeper pick, let's just hope he remains under the radar >_<

============

That would be your ideal draft pick shooting guard that's attainable at the 17-20th range as I don't want to see us bottom 3 again just for the sake of retaining that pick.

He could be had at the 17-20th range, if he hopefully remains under the radar.

Last edited by MJST on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:30 am; edited 3 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Honestly Swaggy on a big one year deal is probably that. Then pray that PG13 is there as a FA in 2018. Rebuild done if so.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Both are interchangeable. Ingram will bring the ball up at times too.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
governator wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I hope you are right Dave20. If Clarkson can fix the holes in his game and become an absolute competitor that plays within Luke's system, I have on qualms with him starting long term. He is very far away from that right now, but there is nothing wrong with being excited/optimistic/supportive over one of our young players
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I think the Lakers are going to have to pull of a trade if they want a starting SG that can shoot and play D.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If Jrue can stay healthy...

This.
Xinxd
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Gordon Hayward
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
governator wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I hope you are right Dave20. If Clarkson can fix the holes in his game and become an absolute competitor that plays within Luke's system, I have on qualms with him starting long term. He is very far away from that right now, but there is nothing wrong with being excited/optimistic/supportive over one of our young players

I think Luke has slotted JC as our future 6th man. That's an ideal role for him, though he has starter's ability.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If Jrue can stay healthy...

This.

I understand folks wanting Hayward, but I never got the sense he's an LA type of guy. Born/raised in Indy, played at Butler, then Utah, I think he kind of likes the non-spotlight cities.

Jrue, if he can stay healthy, give us a slight discount...might seriously be a consideration.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject:

An interesting question I read elsewhere (shout out to jonnybravo), if Hayward wants to come here do we sign him or hope for George in 2018?
Dylandogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
An interesting question I read elsewhere (shout out to jonnybravo), if Hayward wants to come here do we sign him or hope for George in 2018?

Bird in hand. You sign Hayward without even second guessing it. If PG shows interest the following year, then try to make trades, etc. But never turn away a player of Haywards level for a possible future signing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: