New Westworld remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject:

The only thing that bothers me is the entire Maeve story arc. Unless they throw a curve ball there are so many holes that make the entire premise unbelievable. It actually drags the rest of the story down. The rest of the show is an absolute 10 and the glaring 2 sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm too lazy to go into details atm but yeah...anyways.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Yeah the whole Maeve thing is kinda meh. Its only saving grace is thats she's naked all the time, lol.

We learned a little bit more about Ed Harris in this one. Who the hell is Wyatt?

Did Bernard kill that girl who disappeared a couple episodes ago? The one with the dark hair who found out about the signal thing. They showed a split second of what I thought was Bernard strangling her. I dunno, maybe she didn't actually die.

My guess is Bernard tries to turn on Anthony Hopkins and security dude stops him. I think that scene where security dude told Bernard he knew about his affair with the dead chick will pay off later. Security dude is suspicious imo.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject:

It's looking like Wyatt = Dolores

Also that pic of a woman in Times Square/Hong Kong = Ed Harris' dead wife?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
The only thing that bothers me is the entire Maeve story arc. Unless they throw a curve ball there are so many holes that make the entire premise unbelievable. It actually drags the rest of the story down. The rest of the show is an absolute 10 and the glaring 2 sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm too lazy to go into details atm but yeah...anyways.

It would make more sense if the two butchers were hosts made by Ford as well, and this Maeve subplot is just part of a larger narrative.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
It would make more sense if the two butchers were hosts made by Ford as well

Guy had his throat slashed, then was repaired with a glue gun. I'd say yes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

That was my initial reaction too. I thought the other alternative was that Maeva purposely did just a surface cut and that glue gun device was some sort of futuristic suture.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

That was my initial reaction too. I thought the other alternative was that Maeva purposely did just a surface cut and that glue gun device was some sort of futuristic suture.

They've said a few times that all diseases and medical ailments are functionally cured. I think it's fair to assume that they have the technology to deal with cuts as well. Further, because the hosts are essentially humans, I'd think that the medical devices used to heal them are equally capable of treating "real" humans. I've thought that Felix and Sylvester may have been hosts for some time --- pretty cheap labor for a company with tremendous costs, id assume -- but I'm not sure if this is the evidence for it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

They've said a few times that all diseases and medical ailments are functionally cured. I think it's fair to assume that they have the technology to deal with cuts as well. Further, because the hosts are essentially humans, I'd think that the medical devices used to heal them are equally capable of treating "real" humans. I've thought that Felix and Sylvester may have been hosts for some time --- pretty cheap labor for a company with tremendous costs, id assume -- but I'm not sure if this is the evidence for it.

For me, I'm going to give the writer's the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure (hope?) they have something planned because taken at face value, it's awful, TWD level story telling.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

For me, I'm going to give the writer's the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure (hope?) they have something planned because taken at face value, it's awful, TWD level story telling.

One thing that's bothered me is that the creators stated, in response to questions re: "why don't F&S just turn down Maeve's intelligence," that we'd find out "why" by episode 8. I'm not entirely sure that we have been given an answer on that count. Maeve just keeps bullying them and they keep doing it. It'd be one thing if Felix was fleshed out more --- which is obviously what they were going with when he brought the bird back to life. But we really have nothing to go off of and I'm starting to view this plot line a little suspiciously.

Like you said, it seems like bad writing, but how could that be? My best guess for Maeve is that she is tying to get caught, so she can go down with the other decommissioned hosts, giving her plenty of time to work with her "army" in private. But that's generous, as it assumes she wouldn't be lobotomized before being sent down there. Further, it doesn't explain F&S's motivations at all.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
Yeah the whole Maeve thing is kinda meh. Its only saving grace is thats she's naked all the time, lol.

We learned a little bit more about Ed Harris in this one. Who the hell is Wyatt?

Did Bernard kill that girl who disappeared a couple episodes ago? The one with the dark hair who found out about the signal thing. They showed a split second of what I thought was Bernard strangling her. I dunno, maybe she didn't actually die.

My guess is Bernard tries to turn on Anthony Hopkins and security dude stops him. I think that scene where security dude told Bernard he knew about his affair with the dead chick will pay off later. Security dude is suspicious imo.

No way. Didn't she call Bernand like right before she was strangled?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

One thing that's bothered me is that the creators stated, in response to questions re: "why don't F&S just turn down Maeve's intelligence," that we'd find out "why" by episode 8. I'm not entirely sure that we have been given an answer on that count. Maeve just keeps bullying them and they keep doing it. It'd be one thing if Felix was fleshed out more --- which is obviously what they were going with when he brought the bird back to life. But we really have nothing to go off of and I'm starting to view this plot line a little suspiciously.

Like you said, it seems like bad writing, but how could that be? My best guess for Maeve is that she is tying to get caught, so she can go down with the other decommissioned hosts, giving her plenty of time to work with her "army" in private. But that's generous, as it assumes she wouldn't be lobotomized before being sent down there. Further, it doesn't explain F&S's motivations at all.

Anyone else notice Felix and Sylvester are the names of old cartoon cats? Guess you have to be at least a certain age to have watched them. Sylvester was the cat that went after Tweety and Felix was an old school cat "Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat". Can't be a coincidence right?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

The Maeve arch is terrible. I am cringing more and more with every scene.

Dolores can't be Wyatt. MIB raped/killed Delores in his introduction. I also am not sure the William story is at a different time than the MIB story. Wasn't Maeve around when William first came in at the brothel? And didn't Maeve go to the brothel after MIB killed her son in the other timeline? And, also, Dolores' father was decommissioned by Bernard (who has only been around a few years). Dolores' father was around when the MIB raped/killed Delores and her father had already been decommissioned when she met William. Maybe I'm getting all this info wrong, but, if I'm right, they have to be on the same timeline.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Dolores can't be Wyatt. MIB assaulted/killed Delores in his introduction. I also am not sure the William story is at a different time than the MIB story. Wasn't Maeve around when William first came in at the brothel? And didn't Maeve go to the brothel after MIB killed her son in the other timeline? And, also, Dolores' father was decommissioned by Bernard (who has only been around a few years). Dolores' father was around when the MIB assaulted/killed Delores and her father had already been decommissioned when she met William. Maybe I'm getting all this info wrong, but, if I'm right, they have to be on the same timeline.

We certain it was Bernard and not Arnold?!
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Dolores was the first chip to fall when she killed Arnold and consequently the narrative was spun by Ford that she is Wyatt. Why was she kept around as host especially with her past being what it now know to all? Something doesn't seem right here...Unless Teddy and Dolores are going to be the modern reincarnation of Bonnie and Clyde; fugitives on the run in the park so that hosts and visitors alike can have a hand at trying to bring them down.

I also think Ford knows about Maeve's going off-script (could be behind it) and he just wants to wreck havoc on the human staff that stands in his way so he can get his narrative going. The madman seems to think 'his creations' are much more efficient than the flesh and blood counterparts and wants complete control over his domain.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Dolores can't be Wyatt. MIB assaulted/killed Delores in his introduction. I also am not sure the William story is at a different time than the MIB story. Wasn't Maeve around when William first came in at the brothel? And didn't Maeve go to the brothel after MIB killed her son in the other timeline? And, also, Dolores' father was decommissioned by Bernard (who has only been around a few years). Dolores' father was around when the MIB assaulted/killed Delores and her father had already been decommissioned when she met William. Maybe I'm getting all this info wrong, but, if I'm right, they have to be on the same timeline.

We certain it was Bernard and not Arnold?!

I believe so, because by that time Delores had already cycled through to her new storyline away from that original village where the massacre occurred and where Maeve was already the manager of the brothel.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Oh and btw, Bernard Lowe is an anagram for Arnold Weber.

Confirmed: http://imgur.com/a/e3pAS
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject:

William's brother-in-law was wearing the hand of the king pin from GOT.

So Dolores is Wyatt, i.e. the host at the center of the massacre? And all the people in the forest, Wyatt's followers, were original creations who have lived long enough to become sentient?

dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject:

That episode was just an HOUR long and i was so engrossed that it felt like 3
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject:

this show has got my brains working on overload.

jeez.

The MiB is looking for Dolores a.k.a. Wyatt the whole time but didn't they meet each other in Episode 1? That's when Teddy shot at MiB and nothing happened.

Does that mean it was from a different timeline? Also, MiB picked up Dolores' can when she dropped it, right? The different timelines is what complicates things for me.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Yay more activity on this thread!

@ LS - Agreed. It's a hot topic on reddit. EVERYONE thinks it sticks out like a sore thumb.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

@ LS - Agreed. It's a hot topic on reddit. EVERYONE thinks it sticks out like a sore thumb.

i've been watching the show since ep1

i stay out of speculation threads cause you people plant spoiler seeds in my head all the time
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

i've been watching the show since ep1

i stay out of speculation threads cause you people plant spoiler seeds in my head all the time

Yeah, I've been imploring people not to read "other" forums with speculation and bring it here as facts.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:

jeez.

The MiB is looking for Dolores a.k.a. Wyatt the whole time but didn't they meet each other in Episode 1? That's when Teddy shot at MiB and nothing happened.

Does that mean it was from a different timeline? Also, MiB picked up Dolores' can when she dropped it, right? The different timelines is what complicates things for me.

Is there something that makes this definitive or is it speculation at this point? I must have missed it if it's the former.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Oh and btw, Bernard Lowe is an anagram for Arnold Weber.

Confirmed: http://imgur.com/a/e3pAS

woah looks like it's confirmed then

that does look like the pin of the hand of the king....when reading about westworld on wiki, it said George R.R. Martin approached them "to pitch them the idea of a Westeros-themed setting featuring androids based on Game of Thrones characters"

i'm only 20 min in most recent episode, but that picture bro in law gives william doesn't that indicate this time line is in the past, since Dolares' father finds that pic buried and goes haywire.

so timid old willi becomes big time tycoon and long time resident of WW? and i still feel like i'm not understanding some basic things like the significance of wyatt and the maze and arnold

so the clash between arnold and ford was arnold wanted more sentience? but like isn't ford the one adding the reveries while enjoying holding the remote on things and the pulse of the company's direction

even after reading a bit on fan theories timelines bernard MIB etc. i feel like i'm missing some basic things
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:

jeez.

Is there something that makes this definitive or is it speculation at this point? I must have missed it if it's the former.

nah. I don't think there is 100% confirmation yet. But I think some theories point that it was Dolores who actually murdered that town full of hosts. And that she was able to turn Teddy to join her. Hopefully this will be settled in the finale.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: