Dwight Howard confronted Lakers fan who called him a (bleep)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
D-Lo

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/dangelo-russell-yells-at-fan/

1 major difference

Dwight is 30

DLo is 20

dwight has a maturity level of a 20 year old? if a 30 year Dlo did that than i would understand...but cmon dwight your a 30 year old man trying to fight some pleb

also... that sac fan deserve that "suck my dick" cas he is sac fan
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Howard is a clown act. Always was, always will be.

I don't defend fans who say nasty things to players. But the player has to rise above that. Think Kobe ever got called a nasty word by fans?

Kobe has probably had it worse than just about anyone and I'm sure he has shot back plenty of times. Its sad that people think that buying a ticket gives them the right to treat people like crap.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
D-Lo

1 major difference

Dwight is 30

DLo is 20

dwight has a maturity level of a 20 year old? if a 30 year Dlo did that than i would understand...but cmon dwight your a 30 year old man trying to fight some pleb

also... that sac fan deserve that "suck (bleep)" cas he is sac fan
"It happens"
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
999 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
D-Lo

1 major difference

Dwight is 30

DLo is 20

"It happens"

2nd difference

we like DLo
we don't like Dwight
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Howard is a clown act. Always was, always will be.

I don't defend fans who say nasty things to players. But the player has to rise above that. Think Kobe ever got called a nasty word by fans?

Kobe has probably had it worse than just about anyone and I'm sure he has shot back plenty of times. Its sad that people think that buying a ticket gives them the right to treat people like crap.

Yep.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I am one who boos Dwight (not curse at him). My reasons have nothing to do with him leaving. I'm very satisfied with that. I boo him because of just how soft he is, how badly he wants to be the hero and yet not carry any of the pressure that comes with it. I boo him for being blessed with that body and yet have the curse of a marshmallow mind.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Thats funny since I read an article that he changed the error of his ways. Guess not.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure Dwight would have gotten Beat Down!
IJS
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I was at the game and he was getting booed from moment he walked out pre game, he was trying to play it off like Dwight does smile joke and things, but as game went on you could see it wearing on him and fans saw it and it got worse.

Now I dont condone what the fan called him but if he just would have left with his teammates and not lingered trying to talk to the Lakers afterwards he wouldnt have even gotten in that situation.

I understand the Laker fans targeting him as a villian but what the Detroit fan said to him was really uncalled for and they really dont have any reason to have beef with him
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I just want wins baby.

If our fans threw him off his game, cool. I cant control what other fans do so who cares.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Dwight's still a clown tbh
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
D-Lo

1 major difference

Dwight is 30

DLo is 20

Wow, pretty lucky the media didn't blow this up. I personally could care less, but he could get in some big trouble.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
ocho wrote:
the association wrote:
ocho wrote:
the association wrote:
I'm always surprised by the inevitable few who insist that "that guy" who pops off from the safety of the crowd would invariably do the same thing to their target in a dark alley somewhere. In reality, the only "fan" who would say anything disrespectful to Dwight Howard's face is the one drunk enough or stupid enough to endure a beating for the resulting payday. 6'10" and 260 pounds, with an 89" wingspan and elite athleticism ... you're going to taste your own blood real fast and end up on your back flailing your arms and legs like a (bleep) turtle if you make the mistake of stepping to Dwight Howard. It's just reality ...

Don't allow your CrossFit obsession, your Krav Maga black belt, your BUD/S training, or your weekend warrior shenanigans to fool you ... you're getting your brakes beaten off in the event that you pop off to these people in real life.

Yes, that long list of people Dwight Howard has beat up for popping off at the mouth.

Where's the list of people who have done just that? I admit, I don't spend any time dwelling on ways to marginalize the guy, so I don't know all of the names of people who have gotten in his face and disrespected him. But I'm happy to consult your list once I finish doing my one-armed burpees over here ...

I'm sensing you and Dwight are pretty similar on the tough guy scale

So no list ... ?

OK, I'll do another set over here ... then back to the blindfolded Krav Maga workout.

Dwight being the size he is definitely gives him a huge advantage. But that certainly doesn't mean he knows how to fight. He should be careful challenging random people to fights. You just never know who you're dealing with these days.

He should have just ignored it, but as usual he is too childish and sensitive
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject:

I beg to differ. I was on the other side of that for years when much younger and there has to be a line. Fans just don't have the right to vomit their idiot self on players; Laker fan or not.

Back in the day, I would have probably met the guy outside without saying a word like many of my teammates did. Of course, we didn't have the internet hounding us back then...
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Dwight being the size he is definitely gives him a huge advantage. But that certainly doesn't mean he knows how to fight. He should be careful challenging random people to fights. You just never know who you're dealing with these days.

He should have just ignored it, but as usual he is too childish and sensitive

Agreed generally ... but since we're talking about a hypothetical conflict, I believe that the likelihood of a beatdown by Dwight is very high. The probabilities are tremendously in his favor. First, we know the elite physical gifts that Dwight brings to a fight. And anyone should be able to recognize the built-in advantages there. Then, randomly select an adult male from the population, and for good measure, pick from the more feeble end of the spectrum given the context. How do you think this friction will work out for the random male?

Add it all up ... curb-stomp city.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
I beg to differ. I was on the other side of that for years when much younger and there has to be a line. Fans just don't have the right to vomit their idiot self on players; Laker fan or not.

Back in the day, I would have probably met the guy outside without saying a word like many of my teammates did. Of course, we didn't have the internet hounding us back then...

For me the line is do I feel like I am or someone I care about is in danger? If the answer is no then I keep it moving. If someone else wants to yell stupidity that's their problem, not mine. But that's just me. People have different definitions of the line.

And I don't think this incident really changed anyone's opinion on Dwight anyway. More like confirmation of what we've already known.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: