I have never been so happy after a win
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
In my opinion games like that are ones you flush. You got the win, but you know you have to play a lot better than that.

But that's the point of remembering this win. They shouldn't remember it as a well-played game, but as proof that they can tough it out through a bad game and win. That's a huge confidence boost.

Exactly.
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject:

Jimmy Butler not going off for 40 again was nice.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

It was one of their more promising wins. I talked about how outscoring opponents cannot be a successful long term formula for this team. Players are normalizing back to their mean percentages, so they need to find another way to win ballgames. They need to play a game that's more predicated on getting stops, rather than relying on 1-2 people to score every play. Even though they are still 28th in defensive efficiency, these kind of games show me they can be a middle of the pack team on defense. They can certainly make the playoffs with the same kind of effort/defense. Hopefully it wasn't fools gold, even though the Bulls looked really, really bad.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
In my opinion games like that are ones you flush. You got the win, but you know you have to play a lot better than that.

But that's the point of remembering this win. They shouldn't remember it as a well-played game, but as proof that they can tough it out through a bad game and win. That's a huge confidence boost.

That type of confidence can go both ways. They survived but if the Bulls don't airball a few open shots at the end, we are talking about this as the worst game of the year by far. In the scoreboard, a win is a win and a loss is a loss, but in terms of development this was not a good game either way.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

That type of confidence can go both ways. They survived but if the Bulls don't airball a few open shots at the end, we are talking about this as the worst game of the year by far. In the scoreboard, a win is a win and a loss is a loss, but in terms of development this was not a good game either way.

Totally agree. I would prefer they remember this game as the one that almost might, and probably should, have gotten away.

This isn't the type of game you want to say ahhhhh, we gotta do it just like that again.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Game 7 comeback in the WCF against Portland was awesome.

Oh, we're talking about last night's game...?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
We played a bad offensive game, but we outrebounded the Bulls 60-46 and still beat a good team on the road. Not saying we're a good team, but that's what good teams do.
perfect break down. the bolded means a lot if you think about it. bad teams find a way to lose games even when they're up big. or are lucky enough to be in striking distance vs a good to great team. Bad teams will do everything in their power to find something stupid to do which will cause themselves to lose the game. Good teams find a way to win no matter what else is going on.

This win is one of the biggest signs of things to come that I have seen all year. And we've been lucky enough to see them take huge steps multiple times this season.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
slavavov wrote:
We played a bad offensive game, but we outrebounded the Bulls 60-46 and still beat a good team on the road. Not saying we're a good team, but that's what good teams do.
perfect break down. the bolded means a lot if you think about it. bad teams find a way to lose games even when they're up big. or are lucky enough to be in striking distance vs a good to great team. Bad teams will do everything in their power to find something stupid to do which will cause themselves to lose the game. Good teams find a way to win no matter what else is going on.

This win is one of the biggest signs of things to come that I have seen all year. And we've been lucky enough to see them take huge steps multiple times this season.

Luke outcoached the heck out of Fred. So nice to have an intelligent coach who can make adjustments and motivate his players.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Luke is this franchise's savior.

We're a threat to win every game despite a large gap in talent. That's due to Luke.

Just imagine when our talent actually fully sprouts or even if we had an average NBA player playing instead of deng. The trajectory for this team is straight up.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject:

This thread is a good example of a good holiday spirit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: