Worst Laker Starter of all time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Worst Laker Starter of all time
Luol Deng
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Smush Parker
50%
 50%  [ 29 ]
Kwame Brown
19%
 19%  [ 11 ]
JR Reid
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Steve Nash
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 57

pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

a golden oldie who started 5 games between 1986-88........ Mike Smrek
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Laker Starter of all time

venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
It's easily deng but let's poll it up

Sure, if you are a recent Laker fan. Smush was a D League player who started, with a crappy attitude to go with it. Sorry to be crude, but anyone who thinks it is Deng is crazy.

Smush didn't make 18 million.

Thanks for supporting my point of view.

So the more money you make the better player you are?

Funny how you don't respond when you know I caught you in a trap. Classic ventura.

It is dumb to rank players based on salaries, they are usually apples and oranges. I shouldn't even respond, you should know that but I guess that is another facet of the game that you do not understand.

Salaries are not a part of the game in your mind VLF? Yikes.

They've been part of basketball for decades now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
Such a negative thread but at least you didn't put Kobe on that list. I think we get the point, Deng has sucked for an $18mil player. Vent away then let the thread die

Hmm. Why isn't Kobe on that list though?

If we're going to disregard age, mileage, and factor in contract, Kobe has to be one of the worst, if not the worst, $30M/year player in the history of the NBA, let alone the Lakers.

In seriousness, I don't mind these kinds of polls but they're just made so poorly that it won't mean anything. This poll included. There's no explanation as to how one is to select their answer. What does "worst" mean?

How can Smush Parker be the worst of those players, when he played the most minutes, scored the most points, had the best PER and possibly made the least?

Could worst, possibly, actually mean best?

Because Kobe was a multiple all star as a starter and led his team to titles. Just as Deng has been an established top starter who has averaged 15 and 6. Neither were close to being worst starters in the league.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Laker Starter of all time

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Sure, if you are a recent Laker fan. Smush was a D League player who started, with a crappy attitude to go with it. Sorry to be crude, but anyone who thinks it is Deng is crazy.

Funny how you don't respond when you know I caught you in a trap. Classic ventura.

It is dumb to rank players based on salaries, they are usually apples and oranges. I shouldn't even respond, you should know that but I guess that is another facet of the game that you do not understand.

Well I never said that, so I don't know what the hell you are talking about.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
Such a negative thread but at least you didn't put Kobe on that list. I think we get the point, Deng has sucked for an $18mil player. Vent away then let the thread die

Hmm. Why isn't Kobe on that list though?

If we're going to disregard age, mileage, and factor in contract, Kobe has to be one of the worst, if not the worst, $30M/year player in the history of the NBA, let alone the Lakers.

In seriousness, I don't mind these kinds of polls but they're just made so poorly that it won't mean anything. This poll included. There's no explanation as to how one is to select their answer. What does "worst" mean?

How can Smush Parker be the worst of those players, when he played the most minutes, scored the most points, had the best PER and possibly made the least?

Could worst, possibly, actually mean best?

Because Kobe was a multiple all star as a starter and led his team to titles. Just as Deng has been an established top starter who has averaged 15 and 6. Neither were close to being worst starters in the league.

Well, which brings me back to my original concern about this thread that there is no guidance on how to approach answering it. I wasn't thinking you would add up all the accomplishments as Laker starter together. If you did that, then it's unfair because Deng has only played 20 games in 1 season.

I thought it would be viewed in more of a per season perspective. So Deng, for this season, Smush Parker for one of his seasons, etc. If it's the sum of accomplishments, then it's an invalid poll.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject:

It is a dumb thread, to worry yourself over how to interpret it is a waste of time. It is just another whiner whining.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It is a dumb thread, to worry yourself over how to interpret it is a waste of time. It is just another whiner whining.

Then why are you posting in it?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Laker Starter of all time

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Well I never said that, so I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

In several posts now, you seem to want to deflect the impact of salary, particularly in discussions related to Deng.

Whether you like it or not, they are a real factor that impacts a basketball team, including how they play.

So when you continue on telling everyone how they just don't understand, I don't know, think about that.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Laker Starter of all time

chucky atkins
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Laker Starter of all time

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Sure, if you are a recent Laker fan. Smush was a D League player who started, with a crappy attitude to go with it. Sorry to be crude, but anyone who thinks it is Deng is crazy. But that is today's fan, ignorant of history and impatient with the present and irrationally dreaming about the future. Were fans in the 90's and 2000's better fans? Absolutely.

Couldnt have said it better. So true.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Kendall Marshall.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Laker Starter of all time

venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

So then the bolded response makes 0 sense.

Love that when I poke holes into your arguments you resort to indirectly calling me stupid/clueless.

Last edited by PRLakeShow on Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Then stop posting in it.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Then stop posting in it.

Just ignore him. He intentionally does this sort of thing in every thread he posts in but is immune to being suspended/banned because he's an ex-mod.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Then stop posting in it.

Just ignore him. He intentionally does this sort of thing in every thread he posts in but is immune to being suspended/banned because he's an ex-mod.

Yeah I've noticed. ringfinger and I poke holes into his arguments and he resorts to indirectly name calling.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

EldenCampbell wrote:
Kendall Marshall.

Was thinking about Kendall, but he did have a stretch of decent basketball with us. He gets a bad rap because he was a lottery pick and he was bad. But he's closer to average than poor...he's a solid 3/10.

The more interesting thread would have been

"Who is the worst player to take the court for the lakers in the regular season"

I challenge anyone to make a case for anyone but Huertas. Can't shoot, the worst defender in the NBA and jumps to pass. There have been bad performances by individual lakers players...Ryan Kelly was garbage last year...but I could make a compelling case that Huertas brings less to the table than any laker who has ever played a minute in the regular season for us.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
as far as starters go it's a 3 horse race with Smush, Chris Mihm and Deng. Deng statistically is the worst, Smush had no BBIQ and few skills and Mihm was very bad.

Give it to smush right now, but Deng is making a strong case. If this performance continues throughout the year he will not only be the worst Laker starter of all time, it might be the worst season any starter in the NBA has ever statistically had.

huh Mihm was actually pretty solid. Wasnt the best rebounder but his offensive game was very good. His jumper was money, had some post moves, and was pretty mobile for a 7 footer at that time. He just couldnt shake injuries.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: