Nerlens Noel Wants Out of Philly

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Nerlens Noel Wants Out of Philly

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-nerlens-noel-wants-philly/#uPtzsahbRgJFZQF8.97

Quote:
Nothing has changed here. Noel has yet to appear in a game this season after electing to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery last month, but word is he’d still prefer to be shipped to a new address with so many big men to battle for playing time in Philly. Count on the Sixers to accommodate him eventually.

Not BREAKING NEWS by any stretch.

I'd only take him for pennies on the dollar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

As much as I like Clarkson, getting Noel for JC makes a ton of sense we already have enough scoring in Lou/Russell/Young/ adding a anchor and Improving the interior D will Improve our team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

He can get his chance after this season.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I know I started this in the trade discussions, but if he's really THAT annoyed with Philly, I don't mind letting this simmer for a while until the situation becomes really untenable.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Nerlens Noel Wants Out of Philly

22 wrote:
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-nerlens-noel-wants-philly/#uPtzsahbRgJFZQF8.97

Quote:
Nothing has changed here. Noel has yet to appear in a game this season after electing to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery last month, but word is he’d still prefer to be shipped to a new address with so many big men to battle for playing time in Philly. Count on the Sixers to accommodate him eventually.

Not <b>BREAKING NEWS</b> by any stretch.

I'd only take him for pennies on the dollar

He's a restricted free agent next year, and there's a lot of interest in him so I think the 76ers will eventually get a decent offer for him.

Clarkson and maybe Nance are the only people on our roster I could see the 76ers wanting, other than guys we wouldn't trade like Russell and Ingram.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Given his inability to stay healthy how many teams are gonna go the extra route? He's not exactly Myles Turner.

If Noel had remained healthy it would be the obvious choice to go with the defensive lineup of him at the 4 and Embiid at the 5, due to his injury however, he can't capitalize on Okafor's minutes restriction and make himself that option.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

If I'm philly, i'm looking at some sort of deal (maybe 3 way?) where i send out okafor, noel, and maybe a draft pick (and the lakers pick lol) to try and get a third piece.

Gotta hope that Embiid and Simmons can stay healthy, but my god they will be good if they are.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: