Luke's coaching staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
As somebody who has played on seven different NBA teams, Buechler has seen plenty of different coaching styles, and he likes the approach that Walton has chosen to take.

“I think Luke’s big vision with all the coaches has been: Everyone has a big voice in all that we’re doing,” Buechler said. “I’ve heard of other situations where it’s kind of just the head coach doing all the talking … but Luke’s been great with giving everybody a voice.”

Sometimes, however, a voice can only do so much.

Many of the coaches on Walton’s staff are still spry enough to get on the court and teach the players through action. Buechler is sure to point out that Walton, 36, is one of the many willing to step on the wood for a lesson.

“How many head coaches are out there playing and not only telling the guys, ‘This is how I want it done,’ but actually getting out there and playing and showing them just how it’s done,” Buechler said of the league’s youngest head coach.

Quote:
Now, he considers his job “a dream come true” and is excited about the prospect of helping to shape the team’s future.

And while the overwhelming majority of that positivity is just him being his natural self, he also feels it spreading around as the staff and players get ready to start the 2016-17 season.

“I’ve seen it right away: These guys are looking Luke in the eye and believing everything about his philosophy and what he’s bringing to the team,” Buechler said. “It’s huge to have a young, vibrant coach like that whose obviously had success through his career and just won a championship two years ago.”

For the most part, these "meet the staff" articles have been pretty underwhelming. You don't really learn more about them individually and what they'll contribute coaching wise. The best parts have been their quotes when talking about Luke lol.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm ready for some actual basketball. Things are always peachy before a season starts.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I'm ready for some actual basketball. Things are always peachy before a season starts.

I agree, it's good to see positive environment, but the team needs to put it all together on the basketball hardwood... No more talk the talk... It's time to walk the walk.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Yea, off-season hype is there for every team. Until it actually starts, all we have are the articles, interviews, practice footage to go off.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject:

We're a week out from training camp. The wait is almost over.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject:

It's interesting to dwell on this: On one hand you have Shaw, who was heavily credited in Paul George's development by always being in his ear about what Kobe used to do, how he would work, etc. Then on the other hand you have Keefe, who was able to watch Durant's transcendence from up close since his first year working on OKC's staff was also Durant's rookie year.

On Luke's staff, Ingram doesn't have just one of those guys as overseers for his development. He has both lol
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
It's interesting to dwell on this: On one hand you have Shaw, who was heavily credited in Paul George's development by always being in his ear about what Kobe used to do, how he would work, etc. Then on the other hand you have Keefe, who was able to watch Durant's transcendence from up close since his first year working on OKC's staff was also Durant's rookie year.

On Luke's staff, Ingram doesn't have just one of those guys as overseers for his development. He has both lol

That bodes well for our future super star!
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject:

This excites me most this year. all I keep hearing so far from players media etc.. is how much the culture has changed in a short time with Walton and staff in charge. I think this will be the biggest reason for improvement this year. When you see your young team losing and not getting better IE the last few years then it is much harder to swallow. We will still lose this year not as much but I suspect a lot, however the difference this year is while we are losing some and winning some I feel 100% confident that the TEAM will improve. The embracing of the kids will be a welcomed change from the tyranny of Bscott.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Judah wrote:

That bodes well for our future super star!

And Luke worked a ton with Draymond Green. Bodes well for Randle and Nance.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160922-coaching-staff-will-scott?cid=tw

New Lakers Video Coordinator
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160923-rondre-jackson-player-development-award?cid=tw

Even our off the court player development is elite
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

I like how our coaching staff mirrors our team. Young and inexperienced but hardworking, enthusiastic, and brimming with optimism and potential.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
22 wrote:

I like how our coaching staff mirrors our team. Young and inexperienced but hardworking, enthusiastic, and brimming with optimism and potential.

Yup. There's not single curmudgeon to be found
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
22 wrote:

Well, I think there's a nice blend of experience and inexperience. We know Shaw is a championship-pedigree assistant coach and was credited with George's development in Indiana. Luke did coach the Warriors to 39-4 last season and was an assistant prior to that. Brian Keefe spent 5 years with Durant in OKC. Guys like Jesse, Owens were excellent in the d-league, but are now looking for NBA chops. Theo and Jud are kind of shifting into new roles, though Jud has been out of the loop for a while. Madsen is the perfect liaison between Luke and whatever Byron did last season, while also serving as the big man coach.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

Brian Shaw buries the past, happy to be back on Lakers coaching staff

Quote:
All of it had to go: the yellow T-shirts, the purple shorts, the team-issued sweats.

By the time Brian Shaw had finished his purge, every piece of apparel he’d accumulated over 12 years as a Lakers player and coach filled two large boxes.

Then he carried those boxes out of his Redondo Beach home, deposited them on the street corner, and wrote a sign that read, “FREE LAKERS GEAR.”

Thirty minutes later, it was all gone.

“I didn’t think I was coming back,” Shaw said. “Had no desire at that time to come back.”

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/shaw-731373-lakers-walton.html
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
All of it had to go: the yellow T-shirts, the purple shorts, the team-issued sweats.

By the time Brian Shaw had finished his purge, every piece of apparel he’d accumulated over 12 years as a Lakers player and coach filled two large boxes.

Then he carried those boxes out of his Redondo Beach home, deposited them on the street corner, and wrote a sign that read, “FREE LAKERS GEAR.”

“I didn’t think I was coming back,” Shaw said. “Had no desire at that time to come back.”

did he wash those shirts though?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

did he wash those shirts though?

More importantly; did he wash the shorts
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject:

I've got a new nickname for Luke: The Mad Scientist

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

It was good to see B Shaw back on the Lakers bench last night also.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
It was good to see B Shaw back on the Lakers bench last night also.

Yep! Shaw and all of the assistants have been doing a great job since day1.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Is there any particular coach who's been tasked with the defense or nah? That's not even a question that's been asked or discussed at all at any point. When Brian Keefe was rumored to be brought on it was assumed that he'd have that role since he's done it previously, but he's only a development coach. With the way the defense has struggled I'm wondering what the overall perspective of the coaching staff is about it and what they're planning to do to oversee improvement.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Is there any particular coach who's been tasked with the defense or nah? That's not even a question that's been asked or discussed at all at any point. When Brian Keefe was rumored to be brought on it was assumed that he'd have that role since he's done it previously, but he's only a development coach. With the way the defense has struggled I'm wondering what the overall perspective of the coaching staff is about it and what they're planning to do to oversee improvement.

Maybe it's Luke is the one teaching defense. I think he's using the defensive strategy from Steve Kerr and Ron Adams.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Judah wrote:

Maybe it's Luke is the one teaching defense. I think he's using the defensive strategy from Steve Kerr and Ron Adams.

It's not working though lol. They've regressed defensively. Something needs to change.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Getting our starters health would be a good start toward improving.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Team is missing their starting back court and key reserve. Most teams will regress when that happens.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 61 of 62
Jump to: