New Westworld remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
Does that mean it was from a different timeline? Also, MiB picked up Dolores' can when she dropped it, right? The different timelines is what complicates things for me.

I don't think there are different timelines. I think there are flashbacks to prior lives and past events, but not different timelines. The only exception, it seems, would be the sit downs with Dolores in the glass walled room in the basement of the original main building. However, I suppose you could call those flashbacks now.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject:

so dolores keeps flashing through previous memories in earlier timelines right?

im at the scene where meave kisses that bandit and he remembers their encounter from the previous episode
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
Does that mean it was from a different timeline? Also, MiB picked up Dolores' can when she dropped it, right? The different timelines is what complicates things for me.

I don't think there are different timelines. I think there are flashbacks to prior lives and past events, but not different timelines. The only exception, it seems, would be the sit downs with Dolores in the glass walled room in the basement of the original main building. However, I suppose you could call those flashbacks now.

I think people are using timelines interchangeably as "time frames". It's a single timeline but different narratives are occurring at different points along the timeline. A different timeline is the trope of time travel/alternate realities...something that this show hasn't shown an iota of.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
so dolores keeps flashing through previous memories in earlier time frames right?

im at the scene where meave kisses that bandit and he remembers their encounter from the previous episode

ftfy .
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:

I think people are using timelines interchangeably as "time frames". It's a single timeline but different narratives are occurring at different points along the timeline. A different timeline is the trope of time travel/alternate realities...something that this show hasn't shown an iota of.

just finished the episode not any closer to understanding a lot lol but that distinction you made makes sense in understanding the different narratives at diff points.

so, when bernard was having his many talking sessions with dolares were some or all of those moments actually arnold?

is it now pretty well established that willie is MIB?

wyatt being dolares is def in the bucket of things going over my head, but it would make sense for Teddy to join up with Deloares. Why its his primary function

all the jumps in Dolares narrative didn't necc make sense to me. clearly some of the hosts are becoming more aware as a plan of arnold? still not sure how much ford is driving things.

show is so thought provoking in the sense of examining consciousness, what separates the host from humans, dialogue so good. after watching cookie cutter walking dead which moved the needle just so and provoked just a tinge of emotion upon seeing walker lady with dreads, this show just leaves you with so much to think about. dolares' skips in narration just feel mind boggling.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject:

so the character played by elon musk's ex wife is also remembering more of her earlier time frames and past incarnations, and these more sentient hosts are joining up with wyatt? is that wyatt they show in teddy's flashbacks?

was the security guy unable to command the hosts because he entered a protected area from ford or is he himself a host.....
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:

Ooops. yes, this is what I meant with "different timeline". I simply meant that all the stories happening are non-linear. The events from the past are being told simultaneously with that of the present.

Anyway, just re-watched episode one. It's interesting that Bernard mentioned that there hasn't been any critical glitch for since the last one 30years ago. Could he be referring to when Dolores snapped and killed him (Arnold/Bernard)? This ties up well with Man in Black's timeline as William as well, I guess. Man in Black mentioned that he has been coming back to the park for 30 years.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject:

Damn Rick Fox's ex-wife doesn't age.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:

I think you mean different points in the same timeline.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

So far it seems we've seen four parts of the timeline:

34-36 years ago --> Dolores and Arnold have interviews, robots learn to dance, town massacre. Arnold dies.

30 years ago --> Dolores and William go on a journey together, some kind of critical failure happens that changes how the park is run.

1 year ago --> William returns after wife's death, witnesses Maeve acting human, dedicates himself to solving the maze (something he initially heard about 29 years prior with Dolores but, for an as of yet unknown reason, set aside).

Present --> William's search intensifies, reveries activate, hosts seem to be gaining some form of sentience, Dolores relives the past in search of clues left by Arnold, Ford's new narrative is executed...
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

34-36 years ago --> Dolores and Arnold have interviews, robots learn to dance, town massacre. Arnold dies.

30 years ago --> Dolores and William go on a journey together, some kind of critical failure happens that changes how the park is run.

1 year ago --> William returns after wife's death, witnesses Maeve acting human, dedicates himself to solving the maze (something he initially heard about 29 years prior with Dolores but, for an as of yet unknown reason, set aside).

Present --> William's search intensifies, reveries activate, hosts seem to be gaining some form of sentience, Dolores relives the past in search of clues left by Arnold, Ford's new narrative is executed...

I am curious which point in the timeline the Man In Black decides to turn evil (when he killed Maeve+daughter).
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

I am curious which point in the timeline the Man In Black decides to turn evil (when he killed Maeve+daughter).

Well William did massacre the entire Union army upon realizing Dolores wasn't real and Logan snapped him out of it. Doesn't that count?
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

“New Narrative” - Episode 10 Preview: Westworld (HBO)
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Well William did massacre the entire Union army upon realizing Dolores wasn't real and Logan snapped him out of it. Doesn't that count?

yeah. at the end of episode 8, the Man in Black told Teddy that he killed Maeve to try playing the evil guy. And Maeve recalls that moment perfectly in previous episodes.

I am wondering when that incident happened. Was it during episode 1's time when the Man in Black dragged Dolores by the hair to the barn? Because at that point, I think Maeve was already at the Mariposa. And remember, Maeve was only transferred to the Mariposa for less than a year?

These little details make it hard for my puny brain to put things together. hahaha
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the latest episode. This show is just amazing.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject:

A nod to Crichton's Jurassic Park.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ani007 wrote:

I think you mean different points in the same timeline.

Ya. It's 1 timeline.
Multiple time frames.
https://imgur.com/a/1NpEW
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/AroundtheHorn/status/803712940943634432 lol, Pablo Torre on Around the Horn talking about how Reddit spoiled the show! haha, feel the same
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://twitter.com/AroundtheHorn/status/803712940943634432 lol, Pablo Torre on Around the Horn talking about how Reddit spoiled the show! haha, feel the same

Yep. I'm staying away from there. I know people are bringing some of those theories here so I'm (for the most part) avoiding as much as I can.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Wow, what an episode. So we learn even more about Bernard. Still lots of loose threads to tie, but I doubt they will solve them all in the finale. This has been a great show so far and I'm glad I watched.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

My body is ready
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Wrapped up all the loose ends this episode and created a whole new baseline. Very good finale, and very good first season.

I'm interested in "Samurai World."

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

SPOILERS

Now that's a season finale. wow. Even though I'm pissed as hell Reddit spoiled 50% of this for me - that was great and the ending and consciousness was unforeseen.
Great show, great story. Can't wait for the entirety of it and all the seasons to come.

SPOILERS
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject:

These violent delights...
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Wake
From your sleep
The drying of
Your tears
Today
We escape
We escape

Pack
And get dressed
Before your father hears us
Before
All hell
Breaks loose...

Perfect end! 10/10
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: