Spider Man: Homecoming
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Spider Man: Homecoming

Teaser:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/awesome-first-spider-man-homecoming-footage-released-as-full-trailer-a147339

Official trailer drops tomorrow!

Webbed armpits!!! Holy crud!!! I'm all in on this.

Last edited by lakerjoshua on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I know it's ANOTHER re-boot / re-make... but Andrew Garfield didn't do it for me as Spidey. Tobey was OK. This new kid seems to be on the right track from what we saw in Civil War. Hope they get it right.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I know it's ANOTHER re-boot / re-make... but Andrew Garfield didn't do it for me as Spidey. Tobey was OK. This new kid seems to be on the right track from what we saw in Civil War. Hope they get it right.
WHAT? Tobey is spiderman. He is the one everyone after will be compared to.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Is it a full blown reboot again? I'd REALLY hate to see the spider bite scene redone for a 3rd time. It'd be super lame at this point.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Wow.

Last edited by Gatekeeper on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Is it a full blown reboot again? I'd REALLY hate to see the spider bite scene redone for a 3rd time. It'd be super lame at this point.

No, you could see that tony stark sent peter a suit upgrade in the trailer
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Tru dat. You can't replace Matt Damon, Jason Bourne or Tobey Maguire, Spiderman.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

They glanced the uncle Ben issue in Civil War and I suspect they will do subtle hints at spidey's origin in Homecoming.

Marvel was pretty outspoken about not retelling that story again on film and going into the new movies they assume we all already know that story.

I'm really excited to see this!
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject:

A graphic montage at the beginning would be cool. I loved Spider-Man 2's intro. Marvel doesn't really do that for their movies though (Incredible Hulk being the exception).
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I totally agree. And I know that everyone is going to go out and watch it (I probably will too).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
I totally agree. And I know that everyone is going to go out and watch it (I probably will too).

Like lakerjoshua said this won't be an origin story movie again.

In fact the only reason this a reboot in the first place is because Sony screwed it up so bad Marvel has to redo it so that he actually fits in the MCU.

All other Spider-Man movies never existed as far as I'm concerned LOL. I was really excited to see Happy Hogan again in the teasr! What was the last movie he was in Iron Man 3?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Blargg
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure I like Tony Stark playing the grizzled old vet role with his "you're not ready yet" speeches. Can't we just have a straight Spiderman movie?

I'm sure the villain will pose absolutely no thread and be an afterthought, like all MCU villains.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Wow.

I'm bored.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject:

Trailer:
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/peter-parker-goes-to-war-with-the-vulture-in-two-spectacular-trailers-a147391
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject:

I'm super spider geeked for this..
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

Holy crap. That trailer was amazing. Tom Holland was a revelation as Peter Parker and Spider-Man in Civil War, and he looks just as good here. A high school aged, wise cracking Spider-Man like the one I grew up with before the accumulated weight of his convoluted comic book history ruined the character, can't wait.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
I'm super spider geeked for this..

SAME!!! It has a unique tone

IM HYPE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

This is one thing I like about the Marvel Studio movies over the other ones that do Marvel movies. Their villains look like an upgrade over their comic book versions. I never thought of the Vulture as much of an interesting villain, but this movie version looks interesting. Electro, Venom, Rhino, and Sandman in previous movies were such downgrades.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Tobey was pretty good but he has the benefit of being the first. The way this new kid delivers lines and how they portray Spiderman/Peter Parker is the way Spiderman was originally characterized imo. He's much more juvenile and awkward. OG Spidey was making joking cracks in battle before Deadpool was even a figment in Rob Liefelds' mind.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Tobey was pretty good but he has the benefit of being the first. The way this new kid delivers lines and how they portray Spiderman/Peter Parker is the way Spiderman was originally characterized imo. He's much more juvenile and awkward. OG Spidey was making joking cracks in battle before Deadpool was even a figment in Rob Liefelds' mind.

Can he do this?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:

I'm waaaay behind on all of the superhero movies. I can't keep up. Last one I saw was Avengers in 2012.

Superhero movies used to be more special because they would release only 1 every few years. Since Disney took over, they'll shelling em out every month.

I fear it will be the same with Star Wars.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Can he do this?

I never really liked Tobey either. Spidey the way I know him was always monologuing and cracking jokes during a fight. Tobey's version never did that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Can he do this?

I never really liked Tobey either. Spidey the way I know him was always monologuing and cracking jokes during a fight. Tobey's version never did that.

I'm not a Spidey aficionado. Toby is the Spidey I know. Will you google some of the clips of him cracking jokes and who played the part?
NVM I like the trailer. LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I'm w/ you. The last reboot sucked, the Spidey actor just didn't fit. This one looks like an accurate young incarnation of Spidey.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Ten things you might have missed: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/spider-man-homecoming-trailer-ten-things-you-might-have-missed-a147414

These videos are a hoot!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: