Unofficial Cooking Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Unofficial Cooking Thread

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
I have been getting a lot more into cooking lately.

My biggest new item is my new Wok with Non Stick Ceramic interior which is fantastic. I am making new creations in this bad boy every day and eating more fresh veggies, noodles, rice and proteins than ever before.

What does LG like to cook because I am looking for a good Chicken Parm recipe LOL....

I've been using my wok a lot with veggies lately too. Although I don't have a ceramic interior. I might want to look into one soon though because they look nice. I've found that, as you make more meals at home, vegetable medleys are key for keeping the sides interesting. Simply adding some sparse thinly sliced onions, red peppers and mushrooms to your green beans, for instance, can give it fresh appeal.

I'm no culinary wiz (calling Chef Linda) but chicken parmesan is a fairly easy recipe. Not complicated. I've had some reasonable results using a good quality piece of chicken (flattened with a tenderizer), a nicely seasoned flour mixture, sautéed in butter & olive oil (I've used a garlic herbed butter). And a good quality, homemade marinara sauce is key. As well as a good cheese. Parmigiano-Reggiano is tops but I don't know how crazy you want to get with it. Again, I'm just a cooking hack mostly but keep after it, man.

Oh yeah, and Joshua is right, a quality smoked brisket can be a show stopper when you have visitors at the crib.

Thanks GTR, that looks like a good chicken parm recipe. I will try that one also!

My ceramic wok is not fancy but I love how easy it is to clean up, I literally just wipe it out.

It was literally $21 delivered off Amazon Prime, I love this thing:

http://www.cooknhome.com/item/cook-n-home-pan-pot-i/cook-n-home-12-inch-stir-fry-p/lid=44830038
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Usually Indian food although I'm trying to go for a more vegetarian palette.

The Slow Cooker is your best friend during the cold winter months

I used my slow cooker on Thanksgiving. I got a great deal on a pork shoulder and threw it in, covered it with root beer and cooked it on low over night. Great pulled pork. I have heard it is good with Dr. Pepper too but have never tried it.

Crockpot is fantastic with pork shoulders. Can never go wrong. Pulled pork or carnitas are my crock/pork go tos.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Would love to see some ideas of cooking some good steaks.

Sous Vide cooking is a great way to cook any type of meat, but especially steaks. Sous Vide the steak, then put a good sear on it afterward with a piping hot cast iron pan or a torch and you're golden.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Would love to see some ideas of cooking some good steaks.

Sous Vide cooking is a great way to cook any type of meat, but especially steaks. Sous Vide the steak, then put a good sear on it afterward with a piping hot cast iron pan or a torch and you're golden.

^This.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

Not down with the ceramic woks. For me get the old style thick steel wok and season it much like you would a cast iron skillet so thhe inside is nice and black. In restaurants when the cook is done with a wok dish he just dumps a cup or so of water in the wok an hits it a lick with a stiff brush to knock off any residual food.. Dump the water and you are ready for the next cook, some people say wipe down the inside with vegetable oil but I never do.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

http://www.thepalm.com/files/filesPalm/Cooking_With_Bruce_Chicken_Parmesan_Recipe.pdf

I don't agree with the use of "parmesan" in the name, and I would swap out the cheese selection for a part-skim mozzarella; but otherwise, this dish is pretty much a direct hit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: