Official 2016 Fantasy Football Advice/Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject:

(bleep) Kap. I needed a one week fill-in for Mariota to help clinch the playoffs for me, and this bum gets benched in the 4th quarter after 5 attempts. Now, I'm out of the playoffs barring something ridiculous happening on MNFL.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject:

^ that sucks man, sorry to hear

im down 20 points myself and need to win..i got Moncrief & Vinateri still left. i dont have a good feeling against the jets. i could see them combining for something like 14 points
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
(bleep) Kap. I needed a one week fill-in for Mariota to help clinch the playoffs for me, and this bum gets benched in the 4th quarter after 5 attempts. Now, I'm out of the playoffs barring something ridiculous happening on MNFL.

And he was a "must start" on most fantasy sites. I need 16 from Forte tonight or I will more than likely be out. At least I seem to always have someone step up in my smaller dollar league, this week it was Jordan Howard. I have won 9 straight and should win that one.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject:

^^^
It's a great matchup for Forte, so if the game stays close, I think you have a good chance of getting those 16 points, especially in PPR. But even in standard, I think you have a real shot.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Need to start 2 of these guys to keep hope alive in the 1st round of my big $$ league.
Which 2 should I go with?
Gore
Lamar Miller
Allen Robinson
Jamison Crowder

Which DEF this week?
VIKINGS vs Jags
Or
BENGALS vs Browns ??
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Need to start 2 of these guys to keep hope alive in the 1st round of my big $$ league.
Gore
Lamar Miller
Allen Robinson
Jamison Crowder

Which DEF this week?
VIKINGS vs Jags
Or
BENGALS vs Browns ??

You've got some tough choices with all 4 of those because of the stout defenses they'll be facing. Sorry, no decent suggestions on that one.

Definitely the Vikings Defense though. Nobody knows what Cleveland is going to look like with RGIII under center. They just might actually move the ball in the intrastate rivalry?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Gore
Lamar Miller
Allen Robinson
Jamison Crowder

Which DEF this week?
VIKINGS vs Jags
Or
BENGALS vs Browns ??

You've got some tough choices with all 4 of those because of the stout defenses they'll be facing. Sorry, no decent suggestions on that one.

Definitely the Vikings Defense though. Nobody knows what Cleveland is going to look like with RGIII under center. They just might actually move the ball in the intrastate rivalry?

You're in a good spot with both D's. I might slightly favor the Bengals, as RG3 has a penchant for taking sacks and he might be terrible, and let's face it, when was the last time he was really good? Also, Vikings safety Harrison Smith is out and that could matter, although you are always in a good spot facing Bortles. Just go with your gut on that one.

As for the other 4 players, I think Gore is clearly in. Miller SHOULD be, but he's a bit banged up. I'd watch the injury reports on him. If he seems healthy, I'd go with him, but he might not be. Crowder is banged up, so watch that closely too. If healthy, his matchup is good against an imploding Philly pass D. I don't see how you can play Allen Robinson at this point.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Gore
Lamar Miller
Allen Robinson
Jamison Crowder

Which DEF this week?
VIKINGS vs Jags
Or
BENGALS vs Browns ??

You're in a good spot with both D's. I might slightly favor the Bengals, as RG3 has a penchant for taking sacks and he might be terrible, and let's face it, when was the last time he was really good? Also, Vikings safety Harrison Smith is out and that could matter, although you are always in a good spot facing Bortles. Just go with your gut on that one.

As for the other 4 players, I think Gore is clearly in. Miller SHOULD be, but he's a bit banged up. I'd watch the injury reports on him. If he seems healthy, I'd go with him, but he might not be. Crowder is banged up, so watch that closely too. If healthy, his matchup is good against an imploding Philly pass D. I don't see how you can play Allen Robinson at this point.

Thanks, fellas.
Yea, I'm leaning toward using Gore and either Crowder or Miller depending on injury updates. I think I am going with the Vikes DEF. They still have something to play for and RG3 is too much of an unknown variable. Hope I'm right.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I was going to say Gore and Jamison too. miller got that injury and losing touches. Allen has been bad and they're playing vikings.

I picked up the bengals D..i feel like with RG3 you can count on sacks and picks. hope so at least ha need all the points i can get.

good luck everyone with these last few games
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

which two WRs would you start?
Diggs @ Jax
Watkins vs Pit
Sanders @ Ten

Malcolm Mitchell is my flex this week

if Siemian can play, I'll go with Sanders & Watkins..if not i'll go with Diggs & Watkins..what do you guys think?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
which two WRs would you start?
Diggs @ Jax
Watkins vs Pit
Sanders @ Ten

Malcolm Mitchell is my flex this week

if Siemian can play, I'll go with Sanders & Watkins..if not i'll go with Diggs & Watkins..what do you guys think?

Probablt Watkins and Sanders. But damn, I've been awful with my reccos this year. I'm normally spot on.

The only challenge with Watkins will be the weather. I've seen weather reports saying it is below freezing and snow showers. If it is really bad, I'd probably play Diggs over Watkins.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject:

My opponent has Leveon Bell,, who is outscoring my entire freaking team right now. Fml. Bye bye $500.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
My opponent has Leveon Bell,, who is outscoring my entire freaking team right now. Fml. Bye bye $500.

I had Bell and Hyde this week, those 2 single handedly beat my opponent's total and powered me into the next round of the playoffs hope they can keep it up for a couple more weeks

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

First round of the play offs, my QB choices were David Carr or Phillip Rivers. I started Carr. Got me a solid 4. Combined they scored a whopping 11 points. I still have an outside chance because my opponent started Eli who got him 5. I've got Blount and Edelman and he's got Steve Smith and Pitta going tonight. My guys need to outscore his by 7.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Had my lowest scoring game all year in the first round of the playoffs. GREAT timing.

Winston did nothing.
Gore and Latavius Murray did OK.
Julio Jones- late scratch- ZERO (first round pick, woooo!)
Mike Evans - Crap
Delanie Walker- nada

Horrible.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject:

This was a very low scoring week in general unless you had LeVeon Bell. Lots of scratches, injuries and just plain poor play by regular big performers.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject:

Luckily got 3 RBs to play this week in Bell, Hyde and Spencer Ware. Need 2 WRs, got Emmanuel Sanders who is good, but need 1 of Golden Tate, Stefon Diggs or Allen Hurns. Who do I take?

Also, at TE do I roll with Jordan Reed or Jimmy Graham?

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Had my lowest scoring game all year in the first round of the playoffs. GREAT timing.

Winston did nothing.
Mike Evans - Crap
Delanie Walker- nada

Horrible.

My team sucked donkey balls as well. Amazingly, I eeked out the victory by a whopping .92 points.

I trotted out Russel Wilson with is 5 ints, and Phillip Rivers who was also cringe worthy. Luckily for me I was facing Carr and Winston who were even worse from a fantasy perspective. My saviours this week were deciding to play Tyler Lockett & Taylor Gabriel. Those 2 guys were the only ones to score decent points for me. I got beaten at literally every other position, yet is still amazingly came down to Edelman going up against the Patriots Defense last night, After they scored the safety, I was pretty sure I was toast, but a couple clutch catches by Edelman on that last drive got me a win that I in no way deserved.

This is by far the worse team I've ever had in fantasy, and I'm still scratching my head at just how I'm now faced with at worst - a 4th place finish. The team in out league that outscored everyone else by almost 350 points, finished in 8th placed due to everybody having their best week of the season when they played him. He didn't have a bad week all season until this week, yet he faced by far the stiffest competition. My team was the lowest scoring team in the league, yet I finished up at 8 & 5 to snag the number 2 spot and a cupcake of a first round opponent. Folks are pretty salty this morning. If I somehow pull off a Peyton Manning final season and win this thing after that enormous level of suckitude that represented my current team - that saltiness is gonna turn to acid for sure.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Luckily got 3 RBs to play this week in Bell, Hyde and Spencer Ware. Need 2 WRs, got Emmanuel Sanders who is good, but need 1 of Golden Tate, Stefon Diggs or Allen Hurns. Who do I take?

Also, at TE do I roll with Jordan Reed or Jimmy Graham?

I would go with Diggs, because the matchup against Indy is awesome, and you know there won't be weather concerns in the dome. Stafford's finger injury is enough to make me think Diggs over Tate.

At TE, I think you have to go with Graham. Reed only played something like 10 snaps last week and his shoulder might be a serious issue.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Winston did nothing.
Mike Evans - Crap
Delanie Walker- nada

Horrible.

My team sucked donkey balls as well. Amazingly, I eeked out the victory by a whopping .92 points.

I trotted out Russel Wilson with is 5 ints, and Phillip Rivers who was also cringe worthy. Luckily for me I was facing Carr and Winston who were even worse from a fantasy perspective. My saviours this week were deciding to play Tyler Lockett & Taylor Gabriel. Those 2 guys were the only ones to score decent points for me. I got beaten at literally every other position, yet is still amazingly came down to Edelman going up against the Patriots Defense last night, After they scored the safety, I was pretty sure I was toast, but a couple clutch catches by Edelman on that last drive got me a win that I in no way deserved.

This is by far the worse team I've ever had in fantasy, and I'm still scratching my head at just how I'm now faced with at worst - a 4th place finish. The team in out league that outscored everyone else by almost 350 points, finished in 8th placed due to everybody having their best week of the season when they played him. He didn't have a bad week all season until this week, yet he faced by far the stiffest competition. My team was the lowest scoring team in the league, yet I finished up at 8 & 5 to snag the number 2 spot and a cupcake of a first round opponent. Folks are pretty salty this morning. If I somehow pull off a Peyton Manning final season and win this thing after that enormous level of suckitude that represented my current team - that saltiness is gonna turn to acid for sure.

Good for you, brother. Shoot, I been there too. Fantasy is funny like that. Its all about matchup. Good luck the rest of the way. Play in our LG league next year!
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

BARELY snuck in to the playoffs in my other league. Needed to get a win, have another team lose, AND out score that team by 20 points (we split the season series and the second tiebreaker was total points scored on the year). Thank the lord for Leveon Bell (58 points! )

Question: I have a WR and a flex spot open this week. Deciding between Amari Cooper, Dez Bryant, Doug Baldwin, and Thomas Rawls. Currently leaning Dez at WR and Rawls at flex. Suggestions?

Oh and also Rivers or Jameis at QB?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
BARELY snuck in to the playoffs in my other league. Needed to get a win, have another team lose, AND out score that team by 20 points (we split the season series and the second tiebreaker was total points scored on the year). Thank the lord for Leveon Bell (58 points! )

Question: I have a WR and a flex spot open this week. Deciding between Amari Cooper, Dez Bryant, Doug Baldwin, and Thomas Rawls. Currently leaning Dez at WR and Rawls at flex. Suggestions?

With the possibility of Seattle absolutely burying the Rams on Thursday, I think Rawls is a no-brainer. (And yes, I'm aware that the Rams have played Seattle tough over the years, even beating them more than once, but this is a short week on the road where the coach just got fired.) As for the other spot, I'd probably go with Dez. Especially coming off such a slow game for him, I think they try to get him going, and it's a good matchup against TB. Cooper has obvious upside, but has downside to go with it, and Crabtree is out-targeting him by a pretty significant margin over the past few weeks. Carr is also playing at less than full strength.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

would you guys start Jameis Winston @ Dal or Tyrod Taylor vs Cle?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

Forgot to answer your QB question. I know that Rivers has been playing pretty bad lately, but I think I would go with him. The Raider defense gives up the most yards per play in the NFL. Game could be a shootout.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
would you guys start Jameis Winston @ Dal or Tyrod Taylor vs Cle?

Tyrod, unless the weather is terrible.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21
Jump to: