Police tie black man to chair and beat him until he loses vision in one eye
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Police tie black man to chair and beat him until he loses vision in one eye

Quote:
A black man in Michigan has filed a lawsuit against his local police department after he was beaten by police so badly that he lost vision in one eye.

Frankie Taylor was arrested for alleged drink driving on 10 August last year. He was taken to the police station, restrained, tied to a chair and savagely beaten.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/black-man-frankie-taylor-eastpointe-michigan-blind-beaten-police-tied-chair-dui-alleged-a7463541.html

Video(warning - very disturbing):

xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

I just don't even understand. It's amazing how humans react when their manhood or ego is being tested. I see it in the hospital/mental hospital I volunteer at. When patients get out of line (get combative), staff members always mutter what they want to do to them (both men and female) under their breath. Some people just aren't meant to have power over or people. They let it get to them.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

Belligerent drunk driver resists arrest, sues for millions of tax payer dollars. Only in America. All could've been avoided if he just put his hands behind his back. Simple.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Belligerent drunk driver resists arrest, sues for millions of tax payer dollars. Only in America. All could've been avoided if he just put his hands behind his back. Simple.

And since the cop probably hurt his hand bashing in the man's face, the cop should be the one suing!
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I just don't even understand. It's amazing how humans react when their manhood or ego is being tested. I see it in the hospital/mental hospital I volunteer at. When patients get out of line (get combative), staff members always mutter what they want to do to them (both men and female) under their breath. Some people just aren't meant to have power over or people. They let it get to them.

Like politics, the type of power provided by being a police officer attracts certain types of people. Where we would ideally have extremely empathetic individuals, we have sociopaths. And a lot of them. And much like politics, the good ones get stomped out by the bad ones. Worse is the process that specifically weeds out certain candidates. Considering the landscape of law enforcement in America, is there any doubt the type of person that certain candidate is?

That power attraction combined with the weeding-out process is why a fact like police beating their wives at double the national rate exists.

It really does take a certain type of individual.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Or it could have been avoided if once the "belligerent drunk driver" was restrained in a chair, the police officer didn't decide to use his face as a punching bag.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Yup because people in other countries accept the fact that when they resist arrest, they're liable to losing an eye.....
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Not sure how it is in Michigan but in NYC, intoxicated individual are medically deemed incompetent to make sound judgement. NYPD would bring these individual to ER to be evaluated by medical staff. NYPD would physically restrained the belligerent individual and ER staff would chemically restrained if need to until such person deemed no longer intoxicated. No punches, only restrained. You punch out of frustration than you're accountable for that
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

Like politics, the type of power provided by being a police officer attracts certain types of people. Where we would ideally have extremely empathetic individuals, we have sociopaths. And a lot of them. And much like politics, the good ones get stomped out by the bad ones. Worse is the process that specifically weeds out certain candidates. Considering the landscape of law enforcement in America, is there any doubt the type of person that certain candidate is?

That power attraction combined with the weeding-out process is why a fact like police beating their wives at double the national rate exists.

One of my colleagues told me that police departments don't hire recruits who test too high on intelligence tests that measure moral reasoning and functioning. He told me that this is because they don't want any conscientious objectors who may question orders from their commanding officers, so that they can maintain the meathead jock culture that they have. When you combine that with the kind of people that profession attracts, and the kind of power and unconditional credibility they are given, it is truly scary.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

One of my colleagues told me that police departments don't hire recruits who test too high on intelligence tests that measure moral reasoning and functioning. He told me that this is because they don't want any conscientious objectors who may question orders from their commanding officers, so that they can maintain the meathead jock culture that they have. When you combine that with the kind of people that profession attracts, and the kind of power and unconditional credibility they are given, it is truly scary.

That is true.

Then you've got the complete lack of accountability to top it all off. The message that's been sent out for decades in regards to a career in law enforcement is "this is how you get away with murder."

The message has been heard loud and clear by the bullies, sociopaths and racists of the world. We know you've got a lot of pent up anger and crazy, come join and one day you'll get to unleash on some unsuspecting civilian you're supposed to be protecting and serving. Oh don't worry about repercussions — we'll protect you, the DAs wont prosecute you, the juries wont convict you, and since the public only cares about the protesters and whatever Justin Bieber did this week, and the politicians who can actually do something about it all either don't care or are too weak or scared to take action, you're all good.

See it's easy, all you have to do is yell stop resisting and say you feared for your life, and you can do whatever you want!

Well...as long as that person isn't connected to someone important. Can't be hurting the people that actually matter now.

Very scary indeed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Tied to a chair. Stop resisting, punch to the face, stop resisting, punch to the face, stop resisting, punch to a unconscious face, stop resisting, punch to a unconscious man, stop resisting. You really want to make the victim the villain? C'mon man

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Tied to a chair. Stop resisting, punch to the face, stop resisting, punch to the face, stop resisting, punch to a unconscious face, stop resisting, punch to a unconscious man, stop resisting. You really want to make the victim the villain? C'mon man

I have no patience or respect for drunken driving, but cases like this one have been handled in much better ways. He is resisting? Throw him in a cell, let him sober up in there. "Stop resisting. Stop resisting. Stop resisting." over and over is unconscionable, and now the city is about to pay a drunk driver millions of dollars.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I have no patience or respect for drunken driving, but cases like this one have been handled in much better ways. He is resisting? Throw him in a cell, let him sober up in there. "Stop resisting. Stop resisting. Stop resisting." over and over is unconscionable, and now the city is about to pay a drunk driver millions of dollars.

Was he resisting? The man was drunk. When he was pulled he fell to the ground and was pounced upon. I don't think he was resisting. Stop resisting is becoming the key phrase for police who attack citizens.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
encina1 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Was he resisting? The man was drunk. When he was pulled he fell to the ground and was pounced upon. I don't think he was resisting. Stop resisting is becoming the key phrase for police who attack citizens.
now you guys are starting to get it.
Now think of this scenario. Let's say you're an armed or unarmed black man. And you hear the words... "stop resisting when you're not resisting" That has to scare you to death because you now start to wonder "is this the end, will this officer or officers kill me?" Should I try to get up and run? If i'm armed should i just gun it out with the cops(lose lose. but some say its better to go out with a fight then to get slaughtered like a pig."
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

(bleep) pigs
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
encina1 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Now think of this scenario. Let's say you're an armed or unarmed black man. And you hear the words... "stop resisting when you're not resisting" That has to scare you to death because you now start to wonder "is this the end, will this officer or officers kill me?" Should I try to get up and run? If i'm armed should i just gun it out with the cops(lose lose. but some say its better to go out with a fight then to get slaughtered like a pig."

I'd piss myself if i heard a cop say that to me.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

Basically, Donald Trump can be summed by your post here.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

The drunk driving could have been avoided by the guy who was arrested, and he should obviously be held responsible for that.

The beating could have been avoided if the officers had simply done their jobs correctly. They did not, and they should be held responsible for that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Settlement conference scheduled July 2017. It's my guess there will be a settlement made before then. I hope he holds out for the hearing.

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

i serious doubt this is real. i mean come one, are those cops stupid or what? they just gonna do this kind of stuff and not expect it to leak out? especially during this sensitive period?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i serious doubt this is real. i mean come one, are those cops stupid or what? they just gonna do this kind of stuff and not expect it to leak out? especially during this sensitive period?

It's real. Some cops think they're above the law. Where is Rico Toscani when you need him?

Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

But the cops were fearful of their lives, and in self defense, they tied him up to the chair.

this is how it will go down.

Scenario A: Settlement

Scenario B: Hearing. Cops make up some lie, and their story is "investigated" and they might get suspended (at best) with pay, and then "step down" from the police force a few months later (with full benefits).

Same old crap.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
encina1 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

My big bro and I play that game all the time with Nerf guns.
1 of us will sneak up on the other with a Nerf gun. And says
"Sir, sir, what are you doing here?"
"Sir, can I see some ID, you match a description"
(other guy reaches in pocket)
"He has a weapon!"
(Lay several shots in person)
(Person who's getting shot lays on ground with hands up)
"Stop resisting!"
(10 more shots in the back)

We laugh. But it's only to keep from crying. It's a sad reality in our world. As young black men, laughing about it helps a little. But we go out of our way to never have any conversation with a cop, ever.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
encina1 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

And mess up your Victoria Beckham? I don't think so.

Martian
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

Not justifying brutality, but why in the world would anyone resist arrest by police? What do they actually expect to accomplish?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: