Los Angeles Lakers Not Getting Their Money's Worth in Luol Deng
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickDaQwik
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject:

[/url]

[url=https://youtu.be/O2wt2443k_o]

Hi emplay,

Been a fan of your articles since the hoopsworld days. A previous poster mentioned his play in Miami during the Charlotte playoff series, and I went back and watched the highlights (didn't actually catch the series). Numerous fans have cited his decline in athleticism. Watching his 2016 playoff highlights, he looks no more explosive then he is today. And Miami seems to run a similar space the floor offense. What do you cite as the reason for his poor play? Is it merely a confidence issue or poor fit?
KOBE2007MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:

I just can't believe that Jim and Mitch didn't learn their lessons in wasting their money on old washed up players like Steve Nash, and made the same mistake again in signing LuOld Deng and Moz to such huge long term contracts, especially when other younger more athletic FA were still available!
Hope this mistake won't come back and bite us in the a$$ for the next few years!

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

KOBE2007MVP wrote:
I just can't believe that Jim and Mitch didn't learn their lessons in wasting their money on old washed up players like Steve Nash, and made the same mistake again in signing LuOld Deng and Moz to such huge long term contracts, especially when other younger more athletic FA were still available!
Hope this mistake won't come back and bite us in the a$$ for the next few years!

To be fair I don't think the Deng deal will hinder this team too much. We have a lot of young guys playing right now for cheap and we can still lock down a max player down the road when the time is right. And I think that's why Deng/Mozgov got what they got - because even if it doesn't work out it's not going to hinder us TOO much. Many moves can be made to pay a big FA.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:

To be fair I don't think the Deng deal will hinder this team too much. We have a lot of young guys playing right now for cheap and we can still lock down a max player down the road when the time is right. And I think that's why Deng/Mozgov got what they got - because even if it doesn't work out it's not going to hinder us TOO much. Many moves can be made to pay a big FA.

Also, we needed someone like Mozgov. And with the Lakers' state after the Byron Tankathon, no one's clamoring to sign with us. Our hands were tied, we gotta give someone a long contract in order for them to agree to sign with us.

Imagine us without Mozgov, we would've gotten wrecked by the bruisers of the league.

Hope the Zubac pick works out well for us, we're still in need for size in the front court.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject:

At C and SF, we onlhave Zubac and Ingram and both of them need at least 2-3 years to develop themselves to be contributable players. We need someone to fill the gap. So I've no problem with their 4 years contract. And we need some veterans to play with young Russell and Randle too.

In the summer of 2018, we'll have 6 promising young players in Russell (3-y), Randle(4-y), Ingram(2-y), Clarkson(4-y), Nance(3-y), Zubac(2-y) and 2 veterans with expiring contracts in Mozgov and Deng and 2 expired contracts in Lou and Black and maybe 1 year experience into playoff. It would be lucky enough to add a superstar like KD, or Paul Goerge, or Westbrook, we could be back to contender and look good for years.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Good timing Emplay!

On cue, Deng's shots have started to fall and his game itself has dramatically improved. Of course, i have a sample size of 2 measly games, but i say, if you can draw a line, you can extrapolate like crazy!

Could you please write about Ingram next?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject:

KOBE2007MVP wrote:

Nash was old, but he wasn't washed up. He was an all-star the year before he joined us; he just got hurt.

Deng is only 31. That's not young, but it's not old either.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: